Dr. James Rice, MD

Dr. James Rice, MD

Anesthesiology | Male | 57 years old

Dr. Rice specializes in Anesthesiology and practices in Albuquerque, NM. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Rice? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Rice's Experience

See how Dr. Rice's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rice

Experience with Dr. Rice
Dr. Rice's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (30)
in Albuquerque, NM |
Some months ago I left a review praising Dr. James Rice as a kind, competent, efficient provider, immediate and great care. As an RN, I still give him five stars, but his office staff stinks! They lie about (not) faxing important documents; 3 of 4 times don't follow up calls; RN, Amber Rice took 2 months to schedule my third appointment, then canceled it when I was 3 minutes away! She promised appointment within one week: still waiting three weeks later. I will never use this office again!
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Rice was extremely thorough and very knowledgeable, an exceptional pain specialist. He does an extensive intake during your new patient appointment and is very detail oriented which made me feel reassured of his expertise. I returned for an epidural steroid procedure a few weeks after my initial appointment and felt pain relief immediately. He is a fanatic about sterility and reducing the chance of infection, that is evident in his precise procedures and sterile medical procedure room.
in Albuquerque, NM |
I really like Dr rice so far he seems great. I went in and told him I am weaning off pain medication to see where my pain is at and that I wish to try other options that I tried before without meds. He was great he said he gets it and put me on a list for radio frequency right away when there is a opening. He took time to listen. He's overbooked but that's ok it's worth the wait to me after my last nightmare with the np at usa pain. So Im happy with Dr rice he's great.
in Albuquerque, NM |
The only negative I can say about Dr. Rice, he's booked solid so I have to wait longer than I'd like to see him. I dreamed of the day when I could wake up pain free and with his treatments it finally happened. His staff is excellent and friendly.
Albuquerque |
HORRIBLE. He was rude, forced me into receiving injections within 5 minutes of meeting me, even though I told him I'd like time to consider receiving that treatment or not. I had a bad reaction to the drug he injected and told me it was all in my head and assumed I researched the drug online, even though he refused to tell me what the drug was beforehand. He told my military doctor that they should kick me out of the military because he could not help me. Completely unprofessional!
in Ruidoso, NM |
Dr. Rice seemed interested in helping me manage my pain at my first visit, but with every visit, as he realized that I was not responding to his conventional treatment of injections into my spine in various locations, he became more blas? and uninterested in helping me at all. My last visit, I explained that my pain is severely impacting my life despite doing everything he had recommended (physical therapy, exercise, TENS unit, antidepressant, Lyrica, anti-inflammatory) yet he offered nothing.
Have you seen Dr. James Rice, MD?
Are you Dr. Rice?

Compare Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Anesthesiology
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology
  •  Malpractice claims in New Mexico not available

Dr. Rice has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rice's Board Certifications

• Anesthesiology

Dr. Rice does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Rice and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio

Graduated in 1986

Presbyterian University Hospital

Dr. Rice does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rice and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anesthesiology

Dr. Rice does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Rice and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.