Dr. James Rice, MD

Dr. James Rice, MD

Anesthesiology  |
Dr. James Rice, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Albuquerque, NM. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 31 years.

4700 Jefferson St NE Ste 700

Albuquerque, NM 87109

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
  • Presbyterian Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice's Experience

Dr. Rice's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology

• Anesthesiology

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Presbyterian University Hospital

Dr. Rice has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rice does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rice and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rice's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rice to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Rice's Performance
    GOOD
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Rice was extremely thorough and very knowledgeable, an exceptional pain specialist. He does an extensive intake during your new patient appointment and is very detail oriented which made me feel reassured of his expertise. I returned for an epidural steroid procedure a few weeks after my initial appointment and felt pain relief immediately. He is a fanatic about sterility and reducing the chance of infection, that is evident in his precise procedures and sterile medical procedure room.
in Albuquerque, NM |
I really like Dr rice so far he seems great. I went in and told him I am weaning off pain medication to see where my pain is at and that I wish to try other options that I tried before without meds. He was great he said he gets it and put me on a list for radio frequency right away when there is a opening. He took time to listen. He's overbooked but that's ok it's worth the wait to me after my last nightmare with the np at usa pain. So Im happy with Dr rice he's great.
in Albuquerque, NM |
The only negative I can say about Dr. Rice, he's booked solid so I have to wait longer than I'd like to see him. I dreamed of the day when I could wake up pain free and with his treatments it finally happened. His staff is excellent and friendly.
Albuquerque |
HORRIBLE. He was rude, forced me into receiving injections within 5 minutes of meeting me, even though I told him I'd like time to consider receiving that treatment or not. I had a bad reaction to the drug he injected and told me it was all in my head and assumed I researched the drug online, even though he refused to tell me what the drug was beforehand. He told my military doctor that they should kick me out of the military because he could not help me. Completely unprofessional!
in Ruidoso, NM |
Dr. Rice seemed interested in helping me manage my pain at my first visit, but with every visit, as he realized that I was not responding to his conventional treatment of injections into my spine in various locations, he became more blas? and uninterested in helping me at all. My last visit, I explained that my pain is severely impacting my life despite doing everything he had recommended (physical therapy, exercise, TENS unit, antidepressant, Lyrica, anti-inflammatory) yet he offered nothing.
Have you seen Dr. James Rice, MD?
Are you Dr. Rice?