Dr. James Rice, MD

AnesthesiologyMaleAge 62

Dr. Rice

South West Interventional Pain

4700 Jefferson St Ne Ste 700 Albuquerque, NM 87109

Dr. James Rice, MD is a Anesthesiology Specialist in Albuquerque, NM and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Texas- San Antonio Long Medical School medical school in 1986. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rice to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Rice accepts

Dr. Rice accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Rice's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rice

3.3

Dr. Rice?
  • Office environment (29)
  • Staff friendliness (25)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (24)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (15)
  • Appointment was rushed (14)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (14)
Dr Rice is awesome! Seeing him with lower spine n nerve issues since 2008! Always to the point as is assistant but also speak with me before during and after to give advise, answer questions! PA Pacheco is awesome and I get along very well with him and Claudia and answer any questions or just talk about things! Lots of people expect everyone they come into contact with to be the same robots according to some reviews I just read. Chill and get to know everyone and realize that they get the job done and you can expect answers to any questions or issues you may have! Good People!
Robert – Feb 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?
Three visits with Dr. Rice provided very satisfactory physical results. Six months trying to straighten out a billing problem rates an F grade for the office staff. Verbal assurance that my bill had been paid, monthly bills continuing, unreturned phone calls, and finally a semi-nice note from a collection agency was the story. The excellent MD service with better administration would have been nice
May 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?
Front staff very friendly. Dr. Rice nor his nurse introduce themselves to me and just whisked me away for my injections. Didn't appreciate doctor Rice's disrespectful Behavior. One does not discuss another patient during an injection. Nor does one need to use profanity when treating a patient.
Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?
I have no rating directly for Dr. Rice as I've only seen him once in the last 10 - 11 months. However, Dr. Rice's Assistant is extremely rude and condescending. The worst patient customer service I've experienced.
Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Rice for many years and as far as I am concerned the man “walks on water”. He always takes my problems seriously and does his very best for me. He keeps me going and able to ride and train my horses and his staff is friendly and very accommodating. I have referred several of my friends and fellow riders to him and they were more than pleased with his expertise. I would not go anywhere else. Thank you Dr. Rice!
Ulla Hudson, Cedar Grove, NM – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?
Dr. James Rice is an excellent anesthesiologist. I have seen Jim for years. He is always available, always friendly and has always been accurate in his injections into my lower back. His office is professional yet friendly. The only issue I ever had was getting one of his physician assistants to respond and communicate. A complaint to the front office fixed that issue promptly.
G. Keenan in ALBUQUERQUE, NM – Jun 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?
Dr. Rice was extremely thorough and very knowledgeable, an exceptional pain specialist. He does an extensive intake during your new patient appointment and is very detail oriented which made me feel reassured of his expertise. I returned for an epidural steroid procedure a few weeks after my initial appointment and felt pain relief immediately. He is a fanatic about sterility and reducing the chance of infection, that is evident in his precise procedures and sterile medical procedure room.
TBL in Albuquerque, NM – Oct 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?
I really like Dr rice so far he seems great. I went in and told him I am weaning off pain medication to see where my pain is at and that I wish to try other options that I tried before without meds. He was great he said he gets it and put me on a list for radio frequency right away when there is a opening. He took time to listen. He's overbooked but that's ok it's worth the wait to me after my last nightmare with the np at usa pain. So Im happy with Dr rice he's great.
BrandI Huffman in Albuquerque, NM – Jul 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?
The only negative I can say about Dr. Rice, he's booked solid so I have to wait longer than I'd like to see him. I dreamed of the day when I could wake up pain free and with his treatments it finally happened. His staff is excellent and friendly.
Hillary in Albuquerque, NM – May 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?
HORRIBLE. He was rude, forced me into receiving injections within 5 minutes of meeting me, even though I told him I'd like time to consider receiving that treatment or not. I had a bad reaction to the drug he injected and told me it was all in my head and assumed I researched the drug online, even though he refused to tell me what the drug was beforehand. He told my military doctor that they should kick me out of the military because he could not help me. Completely unprofessional!
Albuquerque – Mar 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?
Dr. Rice seemed interested in helping me manage my pain at my first visit, but with every visit, as he realized that I was not responding to his conventional treatment of injections into my spine in various locations, he became more blas? and uninterested in helping me at all. My last visit, I explained that my pain is severely impacting my life despite doing everything he had recommended (physical therapy, exercise, TENS unit, antidepressant, Lyrica, anti-inflammatory) yet he offered nothing.
MJ in Ruidoso, NM – Feb 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Rice, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rice?

• Anesthesiology