Dr. James Rappaport, MD

Dr. James Rappaport, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Provide High Tech care with old fashioned caring. Dr Rappaport believes in a conservative approach. He prefers to exhaust all non surgical treatment before performing surgery.

I have been in private practice since 1991.  I beleive in conservative approach to spine problems.  I am a strong proponent of education and participate as a clinic instructor of the Universit of Nevada Reno Family practice and fellowship training programs. I will also invite Highschool and pre-med students to intern with Sierra Regional Spine for educational purposes.

Dr. Rappaport's Experience

See how Dr. Rappaport's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rappaport

Dr. Rappaport accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Rappaport has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rappaport's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rappaport to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Rappaport Says:

Thank you for providing your feedback on my care and services.  We strive to be the best and your feedback will help us continue to improve. You may reach our office at 775-828-2873 or toll free at 1-888-268-1389.

Dr. Rappaport's Performance
sparks, NV |
Dr Rappaport is amazing, my savior. I was involved in a car accident that caused major damage to my neck and it caused my left arm to be useless. I also had emergency surgery on something unrelated a month earlier. My life was pretty much upside down. Surgery on my neck was a fantastic relief, not going to lie, recovery was a little tough but well worth it. I really liked this doctor and staff a lot! Negative- Did not like his PA Star Chenoweth he came off as a jerk and I dreaded appts with him
in Reno, NV |
I have close personal friends that have been to Dr. Rappaport. They recommended him to me and when I met with him I was amazed. Dr Rappaport took the time to listen to me and when I was done he had the recommendations right upfront. He explained everything in terms that I understood. When my Surgery was done it was just like he said it would be and I feel that I am close to 100%. His entire staff and partner Dr Starr were friendly and very caring through out the entire process.
in Oak Run, CA |
Dr Rappaport was recommended by my Dr in Redding, Ca. I have been seen by a specialist in S.F., Davis, and Redding,Ca. After 23 years of migraines and neck pain I finally have my life back!! It's been 3 mo and not one migraine. My neck finally feels strong and I feel that will be singing again and spending my time with my grandkids and husband.....and be enjoying my life! The team with the Dr feel more like part of my family now, so loving and truly caring.
in Reno, NV |
This Dr. was referred to me by Univ. of Calif. Medical Center in San Francisco. He had to do two revision surgeries to fix my back from a previous botched surgery by a highly advertised spine center in Reno. He did an outstanding job and after a year now, I am almost totally pain free. An excellent surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. James Rappaport, MD?
Are you Dr. Rappaport?

Compare Dr. Rappaport

}

Dr. Rappaport's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rappaport says...

I continue to learn the newest techniques in spine and implement them within my practice.  I lecture and teach othe physicians as well as maintain a full time practice. I specialize in all spine and neuro-spine conditions.  Our office was a study site for the Kineflex artificial disc replacement study, and I continue today to perform artificial disc replacements.

Dr. Rappaport says...

I continue to learn the newest techniques in spine and implement them within my practice. I lecture and teach othe physicians as well as maintain a full time practice. I specialize in all spine and neuro-spine conditions. Our office was a study site for the Kineflex artificial disc replacement study, and I continue today to perform artificial disc replacements. I perform minimally invasive spine surgery as well as major spine surgery like lumbar fusion.

Dr. Rappaport says...

Dr. Rappaport's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Rappaport has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rappaport's Board Certifications

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Hernia
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathologic Fracture

St Lukes/Baylor

Completed in 1987

Stanford University

Graduated in 1976

Dr. Rappaport does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rappaport and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Implantable Peripheral Neurostimulator
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery