Dr. James Pritchett, MD

Dr. James Pritchett, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. James Pritchett, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Seattle, WA. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Read his story

901 Boren Ave Ste 900

Seattle, WA 98104

• Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Pritchett

See how frequently Dr. Pritchett performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Resurfacing
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Pritchett's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Pritchett's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Pritchett "Dr. James W. Pritchett, MD is a board-certified, award-winning orthopedic physician and surgeon specializing in hip, knee and shoulder resurfacing, joint replacement and arthroscopic surgery. In addition, he also does work with Orthopedics International. Dr. Pritchett is a highly regarded authority in orthopedics, having published more than 100 peer-reviewed manuscripts. He has a special interest in implantology, the study and development of joint prostheses. Several of Dr. Pritchett's design concepts have been incorporated into currently available joint implants. He has been invited to speak about implantology at more than 85 scientific meetings. Dr. Pritchett was named one of Puget Sound's best doctors and earned an award for outstanding patient care from Swedish Hospital. Dr. Pritchett is licensed to practice medicine and surgery in the state of Washington."

This content was provided by Dr. Pritchett "My surgical practice teaches me that technical skill is the mastery of the complex. It takes years and a lot of listening and experience to understand the nuances of joint resurfacing and replacement surgery. Surgical technique is not a commodity that can be bought or sold. I look carefully at my outcomes and publish my results in peer reviewed journals.

Survivorship of a patient and implant is not synonym for true wellness. Resumption of a completely autonomous lifestyle and return to all activities is the goal.

My favorite came from a patient "Though modest in demeanor Dr. Pritchett acts boldly in the interest of his patients". I live this each day and with each patient."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Hip Dysplasia
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Tommy John Surgery
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Phoenix Orth Surgery
  • Phoenix Surgery Res
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Pritchett has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Pritchett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pritchett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pritchett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pritchett to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Pritchett's Performance
Dr. Pritchett Performed a Hip Re-Surfacing on my Right Hip 1 Year ago. I could not be happier, the Recovery was Fast. Do the Physical Therapy in Full. 100% success after years of Chronic Hip Pain. I would Highly recommend Dr. Pritchett for a Hip Re-Surfacing.
Does not listen and is not thorough. I went in with hip pain after a weightlifting injury. Had a poorly done x-ray and was turned away after a lecture about being overweight causing my problem and told to go to a PCP. After 2.5 years of chronic pain and thousands of dollars in debt due to misdiagnosis, I've just had a competent specialist find that I have FAI as well as hip labral tears. You are born with FAI, or it is formed in childhood. If you're overweight, do not go to this man.
in Oregon |
I had my right hip resurfacing done by Dr. Pritchett. I had the best experience and thank him so much for everything. Swedish hospital was amazing and I can not say enough!
in Eatonville, WA |
I'm 42 and need both hips resurfaced, I searched for over a year before I found Dr. Pritchett. I met with him and he was very understanding of my situation and worked with e to reach the 35% BMI needed for a better chance of a good outcome. He answered every question I had and was very thorough explaining my options. I had my Left hip resurfaced on January 31st 2017. 3 months in and everything is perfect. Very happy with the Dr. and the staff, can't wait to get my Right hip done.
in Seattle, WA |
By some grace and some research, I found Dr. Pritchett, and decided he was the surgeon to my left hip resurfacing. I am a 48 year old woman, and until a few years ago, was very active. Now 16 days post op I am doing better than before surgery, and this is only the beginning! Dr Pritchett is passionate about his work, and is a brilliant, excellent, world class surgeon. I am so grateful to have found him! His team is also incredible. Thank you!
in Vancouver, WA |
Dr. Pritchett resurfaced both of my hips in 2014. He is the expert hip resurfacing guy aND an outstanding surgeon. My hip function is very good now and I can run once again. I have a bad shoulder that needs work and I'm going to go with Dr. Pritchett when the time comes.
in Woodinville, WA |
Dr James Pritchett resurfaced both my hips & I'm once again able to enjoy my normal activities like skiing, backpacking & horseback riding without pain. I had my left done in 2006 when the resurfacing procedure was relatively new. Luckily I discovered Dr Jim ("NW resurfacing pioneer"). In 2015 I had my right hip done & have been pain free since. Left hip is still good after 10 years & will likely outlast me. Dr Pritchett has successfully helped several friends & I cant recommend him enough.
Dr. Pritchett is not only a very skilled and experienced world class surgeon, he is a very compassionate person. Even though he has a quiet demeanor , he is very passionate in providing the best results for his patients. I am very thankful for what Dr. Pritchett has done for me and I am looking forward to resuming my very physically active life style that has been hindered by my severe Bi lateral hip degeneration. If you are considering surgery, speak to Dr. Pritchett before you make a decision
in California |
I had a hip resurfacing performed by Dr. Pritchett at the end of July, 2016 and I couldn't be happier with the experience and outcome. I live in Northern California and, based on a number of criteria, I decided to travel to Dr. Pritchett / Seattle to have the procedure done there rather than using a local surgeon. The reasons for this were primarily 1) the number of hip resurfacings that Dr. Pritchett has done (over 4,000) and his ability to match the device type with the patient's needs.
Have you seen Dr. James Pritchett, MD?
Are you Dr. Pritchett?