Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. James Piorkowski, MD
Dr. James Piorkowski, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Glastonbury, CT. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Piorkowski is affiliated with Connecticut Children's Medical Center and Hartford Hospital.

THE HAND CENTER

195 Eastern Blvd # 200

Glastonbury, CT 06033

• Connecticare

Learn about Dr. Piorkowski

Dr. Piorkowski's Experience

Dr. Piorkowski's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Arthritis of the Wrist
  • Complex Fractures
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Nerve Release
  • Reconstructive Microsurgery
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Surgery

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• College Of The Holy Cross
  • University Of Missouri / Columbia Campus
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • University Of Alabama At Birmingham
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Piorkowski has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Piorkowski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Piorkowski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Piorkowski's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Piorkowski to family and friends
Dr. Piorkowski's Performance
in Avon, CT |
Highly recommend. We came to Dr. Piorkowski following a visit to the urgent care to find my daughter had severed tendons in her finger while cutting fruit. He had a great bedside manner with both me and my teen. He was completely upfront about the general success rate for this type of surgery and the aggressive PT to follow. 8 weeks out we couldn't be happier - excellent results and almost full use of her hand with some more PT. If you sever your flexor tendon, this is the Dr you want!
Wethersfield, CT |
Had a severed ligament in my thumb, made the appointment on a Tuesday, was in on Thursday. Solid repair with a good outlook
in Deep River, CT |
I met Dr. Piorkowski as a result of a terrible car accident in which my wrist was fractured in 3 places. He wasn't sure it could be fixed, but took xrays and consulted with innumerable colleagues and did in fact fix it! He is hugely competent, amazingly kind and I would recommend him in a heartbeat! He LISTENS to his patients and did an amazing job for me!
in Prospect, Ct |
I'm recovering from a major surgery that Dr.Piorkowski performed in October of 2016. I had a open compound fracture with my tibia and fibula that required a muscle flap and a skin flap. I wasn't aware of how the surgery was done or performed but what I did know was it was a major surgery that will require a long recovery. It's been almost 6 months and the surgery was successful. I would most certainly recommend Dr.Piorkowski, he was very professional, honest and very involved.
in Harwinton, CT |
Dr. Piorkowski took me on for a traumatic complex below the knee amputation following a motorcycle accident. He handled a total of 7 procedures for me from the amputation to the skin graft, also following up on the progress of my broken femur. I was able to reach him at any point to ask any type of question, including outside normal business hours. His tireless effort had me up on my prosthesis about 3&1/2 months after my accident. Thanks Jim
in West Hartford, CT |
I recently was referred to Dr James Piorkowski for the removal of a Merkel Cell Carcinoma tumor on my left index finger. The procedure was handle in the most professional way. Upon meeting Dr Piorkowski, he put me right at ease and explain exactly how we would proceed. I felt confident and ready for my surgery. I highly recommend Dr James Piorkowski for his professionalism, experience, and patient relationship.
West Hartford, CT |
Would definitely recommend this physician. Very knowledgeable, kind and caring. Not only did he help heal my broken bone but healed my spirit too.
in Manchester, CT |
Through the care Dr. James Piorkowski provided to me for a recent tricep injury, he has demonstrated nothing but the highest levels of professionalism, thoroughness, and competence in my treatment. He has gone above and beyond in making himself available and educating me about my injury and recovery. I highly recommend him.
in Willington, CT |
I would recommend Dr. James Poirkowski to anyone who has suffered a traumatic hand injury. I was bit by a cat and developed a severe infection within hours. Being my dominant hand I was very concerned when things did not improve after 5 days in Rockville Hospital. I was discharged and within 24 hours back in the ER and immediately 911'd to Hartford hospital. It was here that I first met Dr Poirkowski after another 5 days in the hospital and 3 more surgeries he saved my hand. Forever grateful
in Wethersfield, CT |
I broke my right femur March 4. Dr. Piorkowski was kind, gentle, soothing, knowledgeable, understanding and patient. He took the time to address my concerns and after a long surgery he took the time to again explain it to my family. He is dedicated, hardworking and makes sure that every option is explored. He makes you feel special and that you're his only patient. I would give him 100 stars based on my experience. Superior doctor!!!
in Connecticut |
Dr, Piorkowski radiated confidence and comforted me the moment I met him. He made me understand exactly what I was going to go through and said it in a manner that made me feel he would be there for me every step of the way. This felt great given the pain i was going through and the complexity of the surgery I was about to have.
in Plainville, CT |
My 2 year old daughter recently experienced a very traumatic hand injury where she almost lost one of her fingers. I am beyond grateful that she received treatment from Dr. Piorkowski. He has been extremely committed to providing the best care for her. In the days after her surgery he continued to follow up with us, and even came to our home to ensure she was healing ok, on Easter Sunday! I would also like to commend the staff at The Hand Center in Glastonbury, who have all been exceptional.
Have you seen Dr. James Piorkowski, MD?
Are you Dr. Piorkowski?