Dr. James Pingree, MD

Dr. James Pingree, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. James Pingree, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Salt Lake City, UT. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Pingree is affiliated with St. Mark's Hospital.

Wasatch Neurosurgery and Spine Associates

• HealthSmart
  • International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers

Learn about Dr. Pingree

Dr. Pingree's Experience

Dr. Pingree's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery

This content was provided by Dr. Pingree "We believe in medical care that takes the whole person into account. We strive to provide the best clinical care combined with communications and patient involvement in the care process to achieve the best outcomes for our patients."

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Medical School | Graduated 1996
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Utah School of Medicine - Salt Lake City

Dr. Pingree has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Pingree does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pingree and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pingree's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pingree to family and friends
Dr. Pingree's Performance
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Pingree is an excellent neurosurgeon! He is very caring and considerate. I also like his physician assistants and staff. He has a great reputation with the hospital staff and his fellow physicians. He very good at explaining problems and solutions. I highly recommend him.
in Grantsville, Utah |
I was sent to Dr Pingree on an emergency basis for a spinal cord injury. When I arrived at the hospital 20 minutes later he was waiting for me. He viewed my MRIs and prepared a surgery suite! Dr Pingree is personable and pleasant and sat with me describing what needed to be done and the possible outcome. As he took the time to talk to me I felt calm, safe and confident that he could “fix” me. In the past, I swore I would never have spine surgery! Thank you, Dr Pingree, for fixing me!
in Logan, UT |
Excellent physician,easy to talk to and treated me like a human being . Dr Pingree explained well his assessment of the the medical of the problem I had and how I should take care of it. I'm my case he did not rush me for surgery.
in Green River, WY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Pingree to anyone that is experiencing back problems or anything to do with your neck and spine. He is rated one of the top 20 in the nation for neurosurgeons. He cares about his parents and what is bests for them.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have a complicated problem with damaged nerves in my spine. I saw 2 other doctors who both terrified and confused me. When I go see Dr. Pingree he always sits down and takes time to discuss options and track progress. I really believe he cares about the patient and he gained my trust. The people who work in his office are also pleasant and helpful. I wish all doctor's were this nice.
in Draper,Utah |
What a great experience with this Doctor. I originally came for concerns about lower back and possible surgery. Dr Pingree took all the time I need to explain the problems. In the end, he explained that I did not need surgery and gave some great advice and counsel. I would have preferred the surgery and all would have been well. However, my pursuit of answers continues and diagnosis is not promising. I would also comment on the ladies at the front desk were also very helpful and courteous.
in West Jordan, Utah |
Dr. Pingree and his office staff have been wonderful to work with. Their patience and expertise has been phenomenal with all of my surgeries I've known exactly what was going to happen and what the outcome was going hopefully going to be and how long it was going to take to get better. Dr Pingree explained everything in terms that I could understand answered all of my questions he's been very good to work with along with his PA dr. Jonathan Middlemiss.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Thorough exam and thoughtful advice. Highly recommend.
Salt Lake City, UT |
He is very positive, explains conditions in understandable terms, and cares about me as a patient.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Amazing! Personal and took all the time needed. I did not need surgery. Thank goodness. Office staff is great. Clean office. You can use see that this is a quality group!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Pingree and his amazing staff made me feel like I was one of their valued patients before I even had my first appointment. Curtious, friendly and helpful can't even begin to describe every encounter from the amazingly helpful front desk, the incredibly compassionate MA'S and Dr Pingree. I've been in the Medical field for over 27 yrs and Dr Pingree has by far, one of the BEST personalities, easy to talk to, explains everything in terms easy to understand, just an all around FANTASTIC Doctor.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have been an RN for 30 years and you just do not find wonderful physicians like this anymore. He is excellent, takes time to explain the procedure throughly, patiently answers questions without acting like it's such an inconvence. Dr. Pingree fused cervical discs 3-4-5-6 in my neck. I had no complications and feel great. This dr is awesome. Staff is also very helpful and professional, great customer service.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Pingree is a kind and caring physician who truly cares about your problem. He takes his time to make decisions so the patient's outcome will be the best possible.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
A friend referred me to Dr. Pingrees office and i'm so glad they did. The waiting room is small and they are not trying to get through as many people as possible like the other places. They know me by name and they always spend extra time with me. Instead of just recommending surgery like with other doctors he takes the time to do tests and make sure there is good reason and explain everything. They have had great communication with me and I would definitely recommend this doctor.
in Fredonia, AZ |
I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. Pingree, and found him to be thorough, knowledgeable, and professional. The surgery and care I received after were excellent. My SI joint problems were completely taken care of, and the pain has been eliminated. I would recommend him to others and would not hesitate to see him again.
Have you seen Dr. James Pingree, MD?
Are you Dr. Pingree?