Dr. James A. Parker, MD

Dr. James A. Parker, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male | 52 years old

18 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Each one of my patients is unique, and I thoroughly enjoy talking with them and discovering their motivations for having plastic surgery and then helping them reach their goals.Read more

Dr. Parker's Experience

See how Dr. Parker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Parker

Dr. Parker accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Parker has admitting privileges.

Dr. Parker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parker to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Parker's Performance
I would NOT recommend Dr. Parker to anyone!! I am EXTREMELY disappointed in my surgical outcome. My incision scar is terribly noticeable (it is bigger than it should be & in the wrong place), the size of my implant was changed while I was under anesthesia (w/out consent) causing my breast to be two drastically different sizes, I have obvious rippling from the implant, & he put the implants too far apart. Dr. Parker and his staff were wonderful at first but I regret having him do my surgery.
in Athens, GA |
Dr. Parker is one of the most caring and professional physicians with whom I've come in contact. His entire staff was amazing, and he made me feel comfortable and confident about my surgery. I would literally trust him to do surgery on my own children. Great experience in every way!
in Athens, GA |
Everyone at Parker Plastic Surgery is so wonderful - it felt like family. My cousin referred me because she had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I am happy with my results and had a great experience.
in Statham, GA |
Dr. Parker and his staff are great until the fee is paid. Then if the surgery doesn't go as planned or if there are ANY complications afterwards, you may as well start seeking out a true physician. Dr. Parker is incompetent. I honestly believe that without God and the St. Mary's Wound Care Center that I would have died. If you are considering any type of cosmetic surgery, please, I BEG YOU to find a doctor that will see you through the best of times and the worst of times. A doctor that takes p
in Athens, GA |
My mom had a tummy tuck and the procedure went smoothly, but the healing process was anything but smooth. Her wound became extremely infected and resulted in a fever leading to the ER. Again, he told her everything looked normal. After a few additional days of fever and no healing progress, she saw Dr. Parker again where he assured her this was normal and was healing as expected. After wound care at St. Mary's for a month and nearly a year after the procedure she is still not 100% healed.
in Athens, GA |
Lets just call him a Fair Weather Physician. In the beginning he and the office staff were great. When the surgery didn't go as expected he became evasive and non-chalant. The staff became lass friendly and caring. He passed it off as It happens all the time and is no big deal. Well, it was a big deal to me. I was rather stunned by his apparent disinterest in my situation.
in Hull, GA |
This is by far my best experience in a medical office! Katie and Summer are so easy to talk to and schedule appointments around a busy schedule. I went in for a consultation and left the office with the desired procedure completed in less than an hour. I realize this cannot happen all of the time but it worked out perfectly. Dr. Parker's prices are better than most in Athens and he cares about the patients. He answered all of my questions before I could even ask.
Have you seen Dr. James A. Parker, MD?
Are you Dr. Parker?

Compare Dr. Parker

Dr. Parker's Care Philosophy

Dr. Parker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery

Dr. Parker has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Parker's Board Certifications

• General Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

• Breast Ptosis
  • Gynecomastia
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Skin Aging

University Kans Med Center

Completed in 1998

Tulane University Of Louisiana

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Parker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Facelift
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Juvéderm® Injection
  • Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Post Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery