Dr. James Paraiso, DO

Dr. James Paraiso, DO

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Providing state of the art minimally invasive spine surgery techniques with compassionate care.

Dr. James Paraiso, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Ocala, FL. He has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Paraiso is affiliated with Uf Health Shands Hospital, Munroe Regional Medical Center and The Villages Regional Hospital.

Dr. Paraiso's Experience

See how Dr. Paraiso's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Paraiso

Dr. Paraiso accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Paraiso has admitting privileges.

Dr. Paraiso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Paraiso to family and friends
    3.5
    Dr. Paraiso's Performance
    in Lady Lake, FL |
    Dr. Paraiso is a wonderful doctor. He explains things very thoroughly and makes you feel very comfortable. There is a gross lack of communication with the staff that takes care of telephone correspondence. No calls are returned and I feel messages are never given. Lack of compassion indeed in this area.
    in OCALA, FLORIDA |
    I worked with Dr. Paraiso as an RN before retiring and have nothing but praise for him as a physician and surgeon. Unfortunately, his office staff at the Ocala office is the worst I have ever encountered. I have called the office numerous times during normal office hours and I am transferred to the answering service, I leave a message and I am told they will call back..they have never called me back. Forget trying to change an appointment or see Dr, Paraiso..the office staff seem incapable.
    in The Villaged |
    Dr. Paraiso and his staff were beyond perfection!!! I could not have hoped for better results from my surgery. I'm incredibly appreciative !!!!!
    in Summerfield, FL |
    Dr. Paraiso is wonderful, he performed Anterior cervical discectomy with fusion, or ACDF on me 02/01/2017 and I feel great, my never ending headaches of the past several years are gone. I have already recommended him to my aunt. I have had no complications and very minimal pain, my first meal was soft, all meals after have been regular. If your having spinal problems and considering surgery, make an appointment with Dr. Paraiso and let him help you feel better.
    in Ocala, FL |
    Dr. Parisio was recommenced to me by a fellow worker. It was explained that he would do everything to avoid the need for surgery. After seeing latie his pa and getting X-Rays it was recommended that i get 6 weeks of PT. I was able to get my own PT and agter the PT ended I was released from his care. I aam pain free with no meds, no surgery. I so appreciate the approach this practice takes, try everything before we do surgery. I feel very comfortable lending my name to support this practice.
    in Ocala |
    I have had 2 spinal fusions with Dr Paraiso. In 2013 had first lumbar fusion L3-L4. 4 small incisions, came home day after surgery. Recouped quickly. Next surgery I had was 2016, cervical fusion C6-C7. I have had really no pain after the surgery. It has been a month since the surgery. I only take Tylenol for any discomfort. I was only in hospital 1 1/2 days. The Villiages Hospital is a great hospital they treat you like family. I will recommend Dr Parasio for you spinal surgerys.
    in Bushnell, Fl |
    I had been talking about my back pain for a long time but I was afraid of the surgery and my being crippled the rest of my life. The pain finally got so bad, I called the Spine Institute for an appointment, planning to get a second opinion or a third opinion before making a decision. I met with Dr Paraiso and made the decision the same day. He gave me so much confidence in his ability to help me that I was ready. It has been six weeks since the surgery and I could not be more pleased.
    in Inverness, FL |
    My Husband took the day off to drive all the way to Ocala Florida due to a recommendation to get a surgery done on C2-C7 I have taken various tests and all the above, I was told I need a plate and screws in that section. I arrived at the office Dr. Paraiso, Shared with Me He does not do that kind of Surgery on the spine, due to He does not have that kind of equipment in the hospitals of Ocala.its a mess even though Blessed not being informed when they have records of me sent to their offic
    in Ocala, FL |
    I did not care for him at all or his staff. It took around 7 weeks to get in to see his pa. Then over another 7 months for the surgery. He sent me to his good friend Dr.Decker to see what he thought. He never told me why he did that. He would order stuff with other doctors never tell me he did it or why he did it.I asked his office manager why he sent me to Shane's and he stated I don't know.He ordered home health to come to my house to change the bandage. I did not have the surgery with him.
    Have you seen Dr. James Paraiso, DO?
    Are you Dr. Paraiso?

Dr. Paraiso's Care Philosophy

Dr. Paraiso's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Paraiso has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Paraiso's Board Certifications

• Broken Arm
    • Broken Neck
    • Chondrocalcinosis
    • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
    • Ganglion Cyst
    • Limb Cramp
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Completed in 2005

University Of Florida

Graduated in 1995

• Tagalog

Dr. Paraiso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Paraiso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
    • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
    • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Laminectomy