Dr. James O'Toole, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. O'Toole

O'Toole Plastic Surgery

5830 Ellsworth Ave Ste 300 Pittsburgh, PA 15232

Dr. James O'Toole, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Pittsburgh, PA and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from Saint Louis University / School Of Medicine in 1999 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. O'Toole's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. O'Toole

Dr. O'Toole?
Dr. O'Toole's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James O'Toole, MD
Dr. O'Toole and his Physician Assistant are wonderful. They gave me new options for my acne that no one has ever done and it is working wonderfully. They were both patient and explained everything and were very compassionate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James O'Toole, MD?
Thank God I found Dr O'Toole! After interviewing 3 plastic surgeons I chose him to perform my implant reconstruction immediately following a bilateral mastectomy. He is the only one that suggested saving my nipples. His expertise and knowledge are immense and he is a perfectionist! He is always caring. His office staff is amazing and so comforting. I am so grateful to be a breast cancer survivor - Dr O'Toole and his team made the journey easier and the results amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James O'Toole, MD?
Dr. O’Toole is amazing. I’ve been wanting to get breast implants since I was a little girl. I’ve always been very flat with barely any breasts at all. When I met Dr. O’Toole he was very refreshing and honest. It was so nice meeting a plastic surgeon that is down to earth and not just wanting to take your money. We had several appointments leading up to the augmentation and the results are amazing. I am so grateful I found him!!! Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James O'Toole, MD?
Dr O’toole performed my direct to implant reconstruction following a prophylactic bilateral mastectomy. I couldn’t be happier with the results. My recovery was much better than expected, and I look better than I did before surgery! Dr O’toole is a gifted surgeon that truly cares about his patients. He is a genius, an artist, and a perfectionist. He spends time with you at every visit. His PA, Kadie, is amazing as well, as are all of the ladies in his office. They are the BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James O'Toole, MD?
Dr. O’Toole is an awesome doctor. He changed my daughter’s life. I am forever grateful for his talent & surgical skills. He is enthusiastic, friendly, and open to any question you ask; neither he nor his PA seemed to tire of explaining my daughter’s surgery and what to expect at all points along the way and in the recovery process. He took as much time as we needed with him; he never made us feel like he was in a rush to move on to the next patient. He is caring & honest, and I recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James O'Toole, MD?
Trust me! Medical Professional who's been in this field 25 years and worked with many Physicians in our City. Dr. O'toole has a keen eye (a gift if you will). I could tell by talking to him just a few minutes. Any Surgeon can cut, but he knows exactly how and reshapes your troubled area with ease and expertise. I'm so confident now and would tell any person to do this for you. Ive interviewed about 10 Plastics in Pgh...Hands down, the Best-Be good to yourself and trust his Care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James O'Toole, MD?
This doctor and his PA feel very threatened if you are actively involved in wanting to understand the details of what they're going to do to you. The PA couldn't answer any of the questions I had. She referred me to ask them to O'Toole. He came in and was very put off with my questions and didn't answer them. When I called back to try and get the answers I never received I was basically told to go elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James O'Toole, MD?
Dr. O'Toole and his team of amazing staff have improved my self image in a manner that I didn't believe was possible. Choosing Dr. O'Toole was without a doubt one of my best decisions in life. As a working mother of three, Dr. O'Toole understood my concerns and needs, and gave me results that exceeded my highest expectations. Thanks to him, I LOVE my body again. I'm a patient for life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James O'Toole, MD?
Dr. James O'Toole is an exceptional Plastic Surgeon. He was at all times caring, warm and knowledgeable. He demonstrates a level confidence as it relates to his craft, mixed with a complete understanding and compassion for his patients. From the first phone call to his office to my first consultation with Dr. O'Toole I was blown away with the friendliness and professionalism. Dr.O'Toole and his staff have truly given me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James O'Toole, MD?
My experience with this practice has been with the Physican's assistant, Kadie Fritz for injections and Botox. She is very knowledgeable and professional. I always take her suggestions as the results are excellent - not too much or too little. The front desk personnel is friendly and efficient. I have met Dr O'Toole and will not hesitate to consult with him concerning my future surgical needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James O'Toole, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. O'Toole?

As a well trained board certified plastic surgeon I focus on each patient's individual needs providing patient centered, patient focused, individually customized care taking what we have learned in the past and applying new and innovative techniques. O'Toole Plastic Surgery as a practice specializes in improving the whole patient experience.

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• General Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

2008
Plastic Surgery-Long Island Plastic Surgery Group / Nassau University Medical Center
2005
2000
1999
1994

Dr. O'Toole accepts

Dr. O'Toole accepts the following insurance:

America's Health Insurance Plans
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Classic Blue
Medical Mutual of Ohio
UPMC Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. O'Toole's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Locally Advanced Breast Cancer
  • Lymphoma of the Breast
  • Male Breast Cancer
  • Mastectomy
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Second-Degree Burns
  • Skin Aging
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. O'Toole treats patients.

67% Patient experience rating, 2% lower than the national average

76% Patient experience rating, 7% higher than the national average

Upmc Shadyside

Pittsburgh, PA

UPMC St. Margaret

Pittsburgh, PA

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)

77% Patient experience rating, 8% higher than the national average