Dr. James Osher, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. James Osher, MD
Dr. James Osher, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Blue Ash, OH. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Osher is affiliated with University Cincinnati Medical Center , Good Samaritan Hospital, Bethesda North Hospital and Christ Hospital.

Dr. Osher's Experience

See how Dr. Osher's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Osher

Dr. Osher accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Osher has admitting privileges.

Dr. Osher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Osher to family and friends
Dr. Osher's Performance
West Chester, OH |
He is an excellent doctor, also kind and caring to the many people he sees
in Fairfield, OH |
Dr. Osher is a wonderful, caring, and BRILLIANT doctor. I am 73 years young and don't particularly enjoy trips to doctor's offices. When I learned that I have high blood pressure in my eye, a condition called Branch Retinal Vein Occulusion, I was frustrated and frightened. Dr. Osher was/is calming, thorough, and answers all my questions (and there are many) willingly. He discusses my treatment with me and usually allows me to have choices for recommended tx.
Cincinnati, OH |
Absolutely recommend Dr. Osher. Answers all questions until patient understands.
in Loveland Ohio |
Dr. Oster is terrific. He is very personable with a good sense of humor, at the same time, straightforward and informative. He went out of his way to accommodate my travel plans when scheduling my surgery and post- open appointments. I felt like I was in excellent hands throughout the entire experience. I highly recommend Dr. Osher and his entire team.
in Camden, OH |
Dr. Osher is outstanding. Rest assured I am completely confident in entrusting my eye site to his care. I have recommended him and CEI to countless friends, family, and associates. My Mother is currently a patient of Dr. Goulet for her glaucoma.
in Hamilton, Ohio |
Always timely in seeing me, explains what is happening with eye.. and tells what could happen..would recommend highly...
in Cincinnati, OH |
I was diagnosed with Dry AMD about 5 years ago. It is important to have annual dilated eye exams for AMD since changes can develop very rapidly. That is exactly what had happened when I had my annual exam in November 2016. My left eye was still the Dry Type AMD, but the right eye had degenerated into the more serious Wet Type AMD. I was referred to CEI for treatment. Dr. Osher started eye injections in February 2017, and I can see a marked improvement after only 3 injections. Totally painless.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Osher is an excellent physician. He is careful and methodical in his examination. From my observation, it is apparent that he checks and then double checks the finding before making a decision on treatment. He very much cares about the well-being of his patients. On top of all this, he is very friendly and personable.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I have already told family and friends of the wonderful experience I had with Dr. Osher and the staff at CEI!
Cincinnati, OH |
Very high. Dr. Osher is an outstanding doctor.
Cincinnati, OH |
He is very friendly and I like how the office is run. They are very efficient. They know that their patients time is valuable too.
in milford, oh |
Outstanding professional, caring doctor.
in Ohio |
My experience with Dr Osher was very good. Knowledgable, friendly, and didn't rush me at all. I can't think of one negative thing to say and would ask for his services again in a heartbeat.
in Hamilton, Ohio |
This visit was my second after seeing him initially on the recommendation of my eye doctor (Dr. Nye) in Hamilton. He was very good about explaining the procedure I was about to endure and calming in his nature.
in Cincinnati, OH |
everything went well really no pain at all honest and up front , so far so good
Indianapolis |
I've never written a doctor review but had to share my experience with Dr. Osher. I live in Indianapolis and had surgery for a retinal detachment 3 times there. None worked and they said no more surgery is possible. I asked my other eye doctor and she sent me to Dr. Osher even though 3 hours away. He fixed my retina detachment and instead of being blind, I can see. He is very caring and honest. I can't recommend him highly enough.
in Cincinnati, OH |
He saved my vision. 5 Stars!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Saw for first time for my sugar diabetis. Seems like a really good doctor. Very smart. Makes you feel comfortable. Happy to continue with him in future.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr Osher was excellent. He could have easily recommend surgery a year ago but didn't and as it turned out my eye is healing without it. I appreciate a doctor who avoids surgery as long as possible.
in Hamersville, OH |
I have had a good experience so far.
in Fort Thomas, KY |
I have been extremely happy with Dr. Osher as my retina doctor. He doesn't always spend much time in the room because of how busy he is, but he always smiles, is friendly, and definitely knows his stuff. My husband and I both see him and wouldn't consider seeing a different retina specialist. I will echo some previous comments in that if you don't have time to wait, maybe see somebody else. But he's worth every minute of wait time for us.
Amelia, OH |
Great experience with CEI and Dr. Osher. Dr. Osher always impresses me with his care but last visit I had my 9-year-old grandson with me and Dr. Osher talked to him about the Reds for at least 10 or 15 minutes. It made his day. I'll happily keep coming back.
No bedside manner by Dr Osher the day I had an appointment with him.
in South Lebanon, OH |
I think Dr Osher is a great doctor...he has been excellent for me!!!
New York, NY |
Great doctor.
Cincinnati, OH |
Great experience each visit. Lots of patients in office but moves quickly. Dr. Osher is very friendly and detailed. I get a shot in the eye once a month and I have never had an issue with it. My only complaint is the waiting room is too small for how many patients he sees. Other than that, A++.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I was sent to Dr. Osher after there was a complication during my cataract surgery with another doctor. I was terrified but he was very professional and made me comfortable. He operated on me that week and my vision was 20/20 when I saw him a week after surgery. Pro: excellent doctor with great bedside manner. Nice staff. I recommend him to everyone I meets with an eye problem. Con: office is busy and there is usually a wait to see him since he takes care of very complicated retina problems.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I saw Dr. Osher for a retina problem that my optometrist told me could cause me to go blind. She sent me to Dr. Osher the next day. As a disclaimer, he is extremely busy, though they warned me about that when I made my appointment. He did an extensive exam (lot of bright lights:)). He then explained what was happening in detail and told me I needed a laser. He did the laser that evening. I was extremely happy with my care. My problem is now fixed. I highly recommend Dr. Osher.
Have you seen Dr. James Osher, MD?
Are you Dr. Osher?

Compare Dr. Osher

Dr. Osher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Acute Endophthalmitis
  • Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Aphakia and Other Disorders of Lens
  • Astigmatism
  • Blepharitis
  • Cataract
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoschisis
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

UNIV OF CINCINNATI COLL OF MED

Graduated in 2008

Dr. Osher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Osher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Ocular Prosthetics
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Removal of Intraocular Foreign Body
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery