Dr. James A. O Leary, MD

Dr. James A. O Leary, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Midlands Orthopedics PA 1910 Blanding St, Columbia, SC 29201 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. O Leary specializes in Sports Medicine and practices in Columbia, SC. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. O Leary? Add your own statement here.

Dr. O Leary's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. O Leary's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. O Leary

• POMCO Group
  • SelectHealth
  • Thrivent Financial
  • Wells Fargo Insurance

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. O Leary has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. O Leary

Dr. O Leary's Review Details
4.8 based on 51 responses
Experience with Dr. O Leary
Dr. O Leary's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (48)
in Columbia SC |
Experienced, responsive, completely approachable and willing to take the time to answer all questions and concerns.
in Lexington, SC |
Dr. O Leary was not my first choice in my surgical decision, but choosing him upon his second opinion was the best decision I made. His explanation of the problem and procedure to correct it left me with confidence to take the next step. My knee is healing well and I am sure that I will be ready to trek around Disney with my grand kids. Oh, and to swing the golf clubs as well. I have recommended Dr. O Leary to several of my friends already and will do so in the future.
in Gaston, sc |
Bernice Riggs: Dr O'Leary replaced my right shoulder in March, 2016. I have never had a moments regret. He is the best for this type surgery. He is very caring and supportive. I would recommend him to anyone!!!
in Lexington, SC |
I have recommended Dr. OLeary to everyone I know who is considering knee replacement surgery! He is kind, caring and an excellent surgeon. He replaced both of my knees, one in 2011 and one in 2015. He uses up to date best practices and my recovery proceeded both times very very much as he explained. I got a blood clot after the first surgery which is not unusual. Dr. OLeary immediately recognized the problem and sent me for an ultrasound evaluation. He is so caring!
Columbia sc |
Dr. OLeary have me 2 knee knees and I am able to walk my dogs again and to do anything I haven't been able to do for so long. He is a very patient and kind man, and I thank him so much for all he has done for me!
in Irmo, SC |
Had left partial knee replacement, 1 month of P. T. then went on 1 week cruise to Caribbean 2 months post op. Had lots of walking and up and down stairs. Had some pain mainly controlled with Tylenol. It's been 4 months since surgery and now totally pain free and can walk or run all day. All is well......
in Columbia, SC |
I have had very positive experiences with Dr. O'Leary. In fact I consider him to be the very best orthopedic surgeon in South Carolina, and one to the best in the country.
in Irmo, SC |
Very competent professional.
in Lexington, SC |
Fixed my torn rotator cuff back in October. I did not have the extreme pain I was told I would have with this type of operation. I was just released by him on 2-23-16. I have full use of my arm and just need to build strength in it. I would recommend Dr. O'Leary if you need this type of surgery.
in Columbia, SC |
Pre/post op care is exemplary, both efficient &courteous. Dr. O'Leary is excellent. He is efficient but always manages to be fully present. You feel you have all the time you need, yet everyone gets seen in a timely fashion! Between my husband & I we had 3 total knees done in 2015. We always had questions and concerns addressed promptly, in person or by phone. As a Nurse, we can be hard to please but I recommend Dr. O'Leary wholeheartedly. They turn can't into cans!
in Lugoff, SC |
Dr O'Leary explained the procedures that I had in a very understanding way. He did a partial knee replacement and a total knee replacement on me in the same year. I consider it the best thing I could have done. If I need any further surgeries I will definitely consider using Dr O'Leary.
Columbia, SC |
Top notch surgeon. Dr. O'Leary discussed options with me and once I decided to move forward with the procedure fully explained what I could expect during and after the surgery. I followed his post surgery instructions and my recovery was remarkable.
Have you seen Dr. James A. O Leary, MD?
Are you Dr. James A. O Leary, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. O Leary

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Shoulder Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine

University of Pittsburgh Medical Center

Completed in 2000

University of Notre Dame

Graduated in 1989

Dr. O Leary has no media or publications listed.

Dr. O Leary does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O Leary and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. O Leary's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. O Leary

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. O Leary's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. O Leary

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients