Dr. James North, MD

Anesthesiology ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. North

Carolinas Pain Institute

145 Kimel Park Dr Ste 330 Winston Salem, NC 27103

Dr. James North, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Winston Salem, NC and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Medical School At Houston in 2000 and specializes in anesthesiology and pain medicine anesthesiology.

Dr. North accepts

Dr. North accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

3.7

Dr. North?
Dr. North's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James North, MD
Dr. North is a great Doctor, but unfortunately the Accounts Manager controls who sees the Doctor. If you have a balance on your account of $50, yet paid out Thousands of dollars through health insurance and cash, over the years , the Accounts Manager will block your appointment or medical procedure until the small balance is paid. You will spend a longer time in pain because the Accounts Manager will not allow you to see Dr. North.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James North, MD?
Never had a personal follow up after a most expensive pain surgery for my knee. And the procedure wasn't even performed by Dr. North? Later on I get calls from several out of town pharmacy's prescribing pain medication & knee contraptions. The ointment had an initial cost of $2296 & came from Josef's Pharmacy in Raleigh. The contraption device,, which I didn't get, was for arthritis [which I can't have since I had a knee replacement and have nothing in there], it was coming from California??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James North, MD?
recommended Dr North, however you don't see him often, you see his pa which does not provide the same quality of attention and concern that he does. He will talk and listen and recommend his pa not so much. I don't think it is right that you schedule an appt and pay for Dr North and get a PA. There is no reduction in fee to see a PA and you certainly don't get the level and quality of service with his PA
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James North, MD?
I love Dr. North, he is the most well-experienced and compassionate doctor I have ever had. I have RSD/CRPS, and have a very long complicated history that makes MOST doctors unwilling to see me. Dr North has treated me many times since I first came to see him in 2013; he remains caring and attentive to all my needs, no matter how big or small. Dr. North is the most educated doctor I've met on the subject of RSD/CRPS and he can explain it in a way that my family finally understands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James North, MD?
Dr. North placed a Spinal cord stimulator in my back Aug. 30th. He recommend this for severe nerve pain in my legs and feet. It was one of the best decisions I've made. I haven't been able to sleep for only an hour or two at night and since this surgery I get a full nights sleeps and I have also cut back on pain meds. He has reduced my pain by at least 50%. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James North, MD?
Appt for 1:30-taken to exam room at 1:40. Over the course of 3 hours an assistant came in 3 times to ask questions about my daughter's medical history& to say Dr. North would be right in. Dr North NEVER came into the room. Another doctor came at 4:30 to tell us my daughter was not even a candidate for the treatment we came in to talk about. Could we not be told this over the phone? We drove 3 hours. My daughter can only withstand 30 minutes w/o extreme pain; she was curled in a ball crying.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James North, MD?
When I first met Dr. North, he was a Fellow and came across rather abrupt and arrogant. Many years later, I saw him for several appts when my regular doctor was out of the office for an extended period. It was like a completely different doctor! I found him to be warm and compassionate and he spoke to me more like we were partners in my healthcare. He recognized that I am intelligent and very well informed about my condition, and was also willing to take the time to explain new research to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James North, MD?
I enjoy visits w/ Dr.North,but majority of time you won't see him anymore you'll see a fellow who must not look at chart. Dr. North listens to my concerns and problems and together we come up w/ things to try to improve my quality and comfort of life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James North, MD?
Been seeing Dr. North for over 9 yrs & it's a given that you see fellowship mds being trained. The fellows all try reinvent to wheel & never having read my complete medical file 1st comes the shoving of steroids & then the spinal cord stimulator which I have never been a candidate for & then my last visit I was told that my treatment was being changed by a fellow I had never met or had one talk with, & when I tried to ask ?'s, I was told my pain medication was privilege. He was beyond rude,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James North, MD?
I suffer from TN, ATN and Fibromyalgia. I have NEVER been treated like this. Dr.North treated me like an addict and was very rude! Don't go there!! It left me in tears and frustration! There are MANY other great pain managements who treats you with dignity and respect! People in chronic pain should never been treated like this! Dr.North the experience with you left me with tears and frustration and of course more pain. Before you judge people- CALL THEIR NEUROLOGISTS!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James North, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. North?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. North treats patients.