Anesthesiology  |
Dr. James North, MD
Dr. James North, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Winston Salem, NC. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. North is affiliated with Novant Health Medical Park Hospital.

145 Kimel Park Dr Ste 330

Winston Salem, NC 27103

Learn about Dr. North

Dr. North's Experience

Dr. North's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology
  • Board certified in Pain Medicine

• Anesthesiology
  • Pain Medicine Anesthesiology

• Pain Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston
    Medical School | Graduated 2000

Dr. North has no media or publications listed.

Dr. North does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. North and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. North's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. North to family and friends
3.6
Dr. North's Performance
in Winston-Salem, NC |
Never had a personal follow up after a most expensive pain surgery for my knee. And the procedure wasn't even performed by Dr. North? Later on I get calls from several out of town pharmacy's prescribing pain medication & knee contraptions. The ointment had an initial cost of $2296 & came from Josef's Pharmacy in Raleigh. The contraption device,, which I didn't get, was for arthritis [which I can't have since I had a knee replacement and have nothing in there], it was coming from California??
Walnut Cove, NC |
recommended Dr North, however you don't see him often, you see his pa which does not provide the same quality of attention and concern that he does. He will talk and listen and recommend his pa not so much. I don't think it is right that you schedule an appt and pay for Dr North and get a PA. There is no reduction in fee to see a PA and you certainly don't get the level and quality of service with his PA
in Wake Forest, NC |
I love Dr. North, he is the most well-experienced and compassionate doctor I have ever had. I have RSD/CRPS, and have a very long complicated history that makes MOST doctors unwilling to see me. Dr North has treated me many times since I first came to see him in 2013; he remains caring and attentive to all my needs, no matter how big or small. Dr. North is the most educated doctor I've met on the subject of RSD/CRPS and he can explain it in a way that my family finally understands.
in Yadkinville, NC |
Dr. North placed a Spinal cord stimulator in my back Aug. 30th. He recommend this for severe nerve pain in my legs and feet. It was one of the best decisions I've made. I haven't been able to sleep for only an hour or two at night and since this surgery I get a full nights sleeps and I have also cut back on pain meds. He has reduced my pain by at least 50%. I highly recommend him.
in Arden, NC |
Appt for 1:30-taken to exam room at 1:40. Over the course of 3 hours an assistant came in 3 times to ask questions about my daughter's medical history& to say Dr. North would be right in. Dr North NEVER came into the room. Another doctor came at 4:30 to tell us my daughter was not even a candidate for the treatment we came in to talk about. Could we not be told this over the phone? We drove 3 hours. My daughter can only withstand 30 minutes w/o extreme pain; she was curled in a ball crying.
in Greensboro, NC |
When I first met Dr. North, he was a Fellow and came across rather abrupt and arrogant. Many years later, I saw him for several appts when my regular doctor was out of the office for an extended period. It was like a completely different doctor! I found him to be warm and compassionate and he spoke to me more like we were partners in my healthcare. He recognized that I am intelligent and very well informed about my condition, and was also willing to take the time to explain new research to me.
in Winston-Salem, NC |
I enjoy visits w/ Dr.North,but majority of time you won't see him anymore you'll see a fellow who must not look at chart. Dr. North listens to my concerns and problems and together we come up w/ things to try to improve my quality and comfort of life.
in Greensboro, NC |
Been seeing Dr. North for over 9 yrs & it's a given that you see fellowship mds being trained. The fellows all try reinvent to wheel & never having read my complete medical file 1st comes the shoving of steroids & then the spinal cord stimulator which I have never been a candidate for & then my last visit I was told that my treatment was being changed by a fellow I had never met or had one talk with, & when I tried to ask ?'s, I was told my pain medication was privilege. He was beyond rude,
in Walkertown, NC |
I suffer from TN, ATN and Fibromyalgia. I have NEVER been treated like this. Dr.North treated me like an addict and was very rude! Don't go there!! It left me in tears and frustration! There are MANY other great pain managements who treats you with dignity and respect! People in chronic pain should never been treated like this! Dr.North the experience with you left me with tears and frustration and of course more pain. Before you judge people- CALL THEIR NEUROLOGISTS!
Have you seen Dr. James North, MD?
Are you Dr. North?