Dr. James G. Norman, MD

Dr. James G. Norman, MD

Endocrine Surgery | Male

Norman Parathyroid Center 2400 Cypress Glen Dr, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Providing personalized and highly specialized care for parathyroid patients from around the world. Invented most techniques used in mini-parathyroid surgery, performing more than 2600 parathyroid operations annually. Cure rates over 99% and every patient gets our home phone numbers. Everybody on our staff strives to treat our patients like a member of the family.Read more

Dr. Norman's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Norman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Norman

Dr. Norman accepts 16 insurance carriers

16 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Norman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Norman

Dr. Norman's Review Details
4.9 based on 203 responses
Experience with Dr. Norman
Dr. Norman's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (152)
in St Petersburg |
In 2006 both my husband and myself had parathyroid surgery and were totally pleased with all aspects. Again my parathyroid hormone level is high and I again signed up as a [patient. I now have been told that I have the results of a new problem and am wondering if it could be associated. My ovaries are much enlarged, I have a large ovarian cyst and a streaked endometrium. My age is 84 so these are unusual symptoms. Is it possible that these symptoms are caused by the hyperparathyroidism?
in Middletown, CT |
I had a diseased parathyroid gland removed by Dr. Norman in Jan. 2016. He explained the procedure very well before the surgery in a reassuring manner, which was great since I was sick and feeling nervous. The surgery was 17 minutes long and completely successful. When I woke up, that horrible buzzing was gone! After the surgery, he answered questions and explained what to expect during the recovery. I highly recommend making the trip to Tampa to have this very important surgery done correctly!
Fayetteville, NC |
My experience was and is very difficult for me and my family. My surgery was over 2 1/2 hours long and I came out very compromised in voice, breathing, swallowing. Post op nurses calling Drs. who were gone to decide what to do.I was hundreds of miles from home and sent to local hotel. I ended up in a hospital on our travels home for 40 days where I was finally diagnosed with bilateral vocal cord paralysis and severe endocrine problems. 2 years out and disabled by same complications. A nightmare!
in Martinsburg, WV |
I am so highly satisfied with my experience with Dr. Norman and his colleagues I tell everyone I know about my experience. By doing my research and asking questions to local surgeons I was 100% sure in my decision to go to Dr. Norman for my hyperparathyroid surgery.
in Panama City, FL |
Dr. Norman removed my parathyroid tumor on 6/3/16. It was life changing. He spoke to my husband and I before the surgery & told us "this is going to be a life changing day for both of you". The experience was fantastic! I immediately knew I was in good hands, I was calm and constantly re-assured it was going to be better by the end of the day. They were so right!!! I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Dr. Norman & his group. I am so glad I was referred to them.
in Sarasota, FL |
Skilled, caring physician. Fantastic staff. Takes the fear out of a surgical procedure. HIGHLY recommend both Dr. Norman and his staff.
in Marietta GA |
I came to Tampa to have a parathyroidectomy. My case was more complicated due to a large nodule on my thyroid which was behind a vocal cord that was not where it was expected to be. Dr. Lopez, Dr. Norman, and Dr. Boone made an excellent team! I had a smooth procedure and even though I had to have a port installed, I still left the same day (no overnight stay). Dr. Lopez called to check on me and answered my questions. I have never had such excellent care from an exceptional medical team.
St Louis, MO |
I went to the Norman Parathyroid Clinic in Tampa to have surgery to remove a parathyroid tumor after three years of being diagnosed as hyperparathyroid by my internist, but told to wait for surgery because my blood levels of calcium and PTH were not high enough. I had no physical symptoms like kidney stones or osteoporosis, but did suffer from what my doctor said was bursitis in my left hip. After surgery to remove one bad parathyroid in Tampa I am pain free and have only a small scar.
in PLEASANT HILL, CA |
THE MOST HIGHLY SKILLED AND EXPERIENCED PARATHYROID SURGEONS ANYWHERE. HIGHLY PATIENT CENTERED. I FELT A BOND THE FIRST TIME I SPOKE WITH THEM. THEIR STAFF SHARED THE SURGEONS' VISION. EVERYONE DEVOTED TO SOLVING MY PARATHYROID PROBLEM. THE BEST. DR. L. PLEASANT HILL, CALIFORNIA
in Pueblo, CO |
Hyperparathyroidism in not all that common and few doctors and surgeons have experience in treating it correctly. I was so grateful to find the Norman Parathyroid Clinic in Tampa, Florida! Dr. Norman has pioneered the minimally invasive surgical procedure and has decades of experience on thousands of patients. Get your surgery done right the first time like I did. Have it done by the Norman Parathyroid Center. It is worth the travel and expense. Their website is great, full of information.
Have you seen Dr. James G. Norman, MD?
Are you Dr. James G. Norman, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Norman

• Hypothyroidism
    • Kidney Disease
    • Lipid Disorders
    • Malaise and Fatigue
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia

• Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1986
      • Resident of the Year, USF, 1987-1991
      • Faculty of the Year, 1993-1996
      • Many Journal Publications, 2000

Dr. Norman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Norman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Norman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Endocrine Surgery
    • Board certified in General Surgery
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Norman

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Norman's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Norman

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Norman's Care Philosophy