Dr. James Norman, MD

Endocrine Surgery ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Norman

Norman Parathyroid Center

2400 Cypress Glen Dr Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

Dr. James Norman, MD is an endocrine surgery specialist in Wesley Chapel, FL and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Oral Roberts University / School of Medicine in 1986 and specializes in endocrine surgery.

Dr. Norman accepts

Dr. Norman accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Assurant Health
AvMed
Medicare Blue PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Choice PPO
Gold
Gold Choice
Medicare Advantage HMO
Medicaid
Medicare
Medicare Advantage PPO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Norman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Norman's Top Procedures and Conditions

Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

Dr. Norman treats Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Norman treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Minimally Invasive Parathyrodectomy
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Providing personalized and highly specialized care for parathyroid patients from around the world. Invented most techniques used in mini-parathyroid surgery, performing more than 2600 parathyroid operations annually. Cure rates over 99% and every patient gets our home phone numbers. Everybody on our staff strives to treat our patients like a member of the family.

• Endocrine Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Norman

Dr. Norman?
Dr. Norman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Norman, MD
They saved my life! Best in the field. I flew hundreds of miles to be cared for by their surgeons.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman is a medical visionary. The Parathyroid.com site with associated apps for calcium, parathyroid and thyroid effectively both teach and foster patient safety. He clearly values excellence. Dr. Norman insured seamless teamwork at every step I took as a patient at the Norman Parathyroid Center. As a retired nurse, I found him to be an engaging knowledgeable physician who fully deserves accolades. There are not enough good words to express my gratitude. Dr. Norman's work is life changing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
I'm so thankful I found Dr Norman! After 3 unsuccessful surgeries in the last 10 yrs, he cured my hyperparathyroidism in an hour!! Everyone in his office & at the hospital have all been so kind & made the process painless, even though we were out of state!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
If you have primary parathyroidism, go to the Norman Parathyroid Center! Top notch healthcare!! I am so thankful!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Excellent doctor. Can’t say enough about Dr. Norman!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman is the man. He is most definitely an expert in his field and I can't imagine anyone being more passionate about their work as he is. He did a redo on finding my bad parathyroid that a other doctor messed up. Him and his staff make sure you are taking care of. Don't let anyone else do your parathyroid surgery. I'm thankful a friend of mine recommended Dr. Norman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
I highly recommend the Norman Parathyroid Clinic and The Thyroid Cancer Center and wish I had known about them earlier and sought treatment from them prior to previous surgeries. The Norman Parathyroid Clinic and the Thyroid Cancer Center was truly a blessing to me and I could not be more thankful for everything I experienced during this past year with them! They found and removed a parathyroid tumor and cancer that other doctors had tried to find for the past 20 years! Greg Moore, Ripley, WV
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr.Norman is the BEST. I am grateful for his expertise. I am from Brevard County FL. I had a failed parathyroid surgery locally in July 2017. Thanks to Dr.Norman and his staff I am now cured and feel better than I have in over a year. He performed my surgery this November. I am a RN and have worked in the health care field over 30 years. I was treated with such respect and care. I highly recommend him and his staff as your FIRST choice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman saved my life. This man is passionate about his calling. He runs a well oiled ship..I had a surgery in 2010 to cure me of HYPERPARATHYROIDISM. It was under the care of endocrinologist, Dr. Stephen Rosen and ENT surgeon, Dr. Leahy. The surgery was preformed at Penna. Hospital Phila. Penna. I was never cured of this disease until 2017 when I had Dr. Norman diagnose and remove the remaining diseased gland. The prior surgery was a waste of medicare money and seven yrs. of my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Travelled all the way from Scotland U.K following a 5 hour failed attempt to remove my parathyroid. Visited NPC and Dr Norman successfully removed my adenoma in just 26 mins. This experience from start to finish was amazing and I cannot praise Dr Norman enough. I only wish I had gone to him in the first instance and would urge anyone with this condition to make contact with him and his amazing team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. James Norman is an outstanding parathyroid surgeon. Difficult cases are easy for him! I was so blessed to have him perform my parathyroid surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
The Norman Center is 5 Star all the way! You can never really say any surgery is "fun" but they certainly make it as easy and pleasant as possible! I feel like a new person and my scar is barely visible! It was well worth the schlep across the country. I had my surgery May 30th, 2017. Los Angeles certainly has good surgeons but after meeting a few, I really felt that the surgeons at the Norman Center were not only top surgeons but also experts in the disease itself. After 5 minutes of cha
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
I would like to thank Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz for the excellent and second to none care and expertise I recently experienced at the Norman Parathyroid Centre. It is now 18 months since I had my parathyroid surgery, and I cannot say enough about my experience. Everything you see on their website is 100 per cent true. If I could give 10 stars I would. Thank you for giving me my life back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman and his whole team were amazing! Everything was so well explained, starting with my first phone call to Tampa right down to even watching the YouTube video of Dr. Norman showing how to get to the Parathyroid floor in Tampa General Hospital. I loved Dr. Norman's personality and his honesty...it was very refreshing. He was also very kind and, when my surgery time neared, he reassured me I was going to do great and my parathyroid issues would be behind me. My surgery went perfectly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Awesome…the entire staff at Norman Parathyroid Center… from the office support, fabulous doctors/nurses, the surgical team including the hospital staff!!! Tampa General Hospital provided an atmosphere of peace and calm. This energized bunny has been re-energized!!! I am so thankful and blessed to have found the Norman Parathyroid Center. May God bless all of you for your dedication and caring in giving people back their lives in an easy, no non-sense manner!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman knows what he is doing. After 3 unsuccessful operations (several hours long each) by two different doctors in the Buffalo NY area, Dr. Norman found my tumor in less than 20 minutes. It was well worth the trip to Tampa. I'm finally getting my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
I had parathyroid surgery 2 days ago w/ Dr. Norman & his amazing team of doctors. They removed 4 tumors on my parathyroids! My blood calcium readings have been 10.1-10.4 for the past 4 years ( my primary care dr told me that was normal!) Dr.Norman's team saved my life! The symptoms I have been suffering with such as GERD, rapid heart beat, irritability, & osteoporosis, will go away. We were expecting 1 or 2 tumors but not 4! I highly recommend Dr. Norman & his team. They know what they are doing
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman and staff are beyond excellent in what they do. They explain everything leaving out no detail. Dr. Norman went above and beyond having done my surgery twice after an unsuccessful surgery at another hospital. After being unable to locate my tumor the first time he went in, he went to all lengths to guarantee a successful second surgery. If you need parathyroid surgery, do not go anywhere but Tampa!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
No one like this man on earth. I am a doctor and I had a parathyroid tumor and I searched through medical websites and found this treasure. Nearly everything in parathyroid field was under his name guidelines, the operation technique and the intra operative nuclear assay. He is all in one doctor and no one like him. Thank you my my dear colleague you saved my life
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
I found Dr. Norman to be abrupt, rude, cocky, and verbose. He talks a good talk but When done, he is Done! I had my 2nd parathroidectomy which proved to be much more complicated than the picture he paints. I did not receive a follow up call post surgery and when we finally called him the following day with valid concerns, he accused us of lying and screamed about how he had "cured" me. I have been permanently disabled since with vocal cord paralysis/dysfunction and hypoparathyroidism.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Norman?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Norman treats patients.

Compare Providers