Dr. James Norman, MD

Dr. James Norman, MD

Endocrine Surgery | Male

Providing personalized and highly specialized care for parathyroid patients from around the world. Invented most techniques used in mini-parathyroid surgery, performing more than 2600 parathyroid operations annually. Cure rates over 99% and every patient gets our home phone numbers. Everybody on our staff strives to treat our patients like a member of the family.

Dr. James Norman, MD is an endocrine surgery doctor who practices in Wesley Chapel, FL. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Norman is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital.

Dr. Norman's Experience

See how Dr. Norman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Norman

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Norman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Norman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Norman to family and friends
    Dr. Norman's Performance
    in Largo, FL |
    Awesome…the entire staff at Norman Parathyroid Center… from the office support, fabulous doctors/nurses, the surgical team including the hospital staff!!! Tampa General Hospital provided an atmosphere of peace and calm. This energized bunny has been re-energized!!! I am so thankful and blessed to have found the Norman Parathyroid Center. May God bless all of you for your dedication and caring in giving people back their lives in an easy, no non-sense manner!!!
    in Alden, NY |
    Dr. Norman knows what he is doing. After 3 unsuccessful operations (several hours long each) by two different doctors in the Buffalo NY area, Dr. Norman found my tumor in less than 20 minutes. It was well worth the trip to Tampa. I'm finally getting my life back.
    in Greensboro, NC |
    I had parathyroid surgery 2 days ago w/ Dr. Norman & his amazing team of doctors. They removed 4 tumors on my parathyroids! My blood calcium readings have been 10.1-10.4 for the past 4 years ( my primary care dr told me that was normal!) Dr.Norman's team saved my life! The symptoms I have been suffering with such as GERD, rapid heart beat, irritability, & osteoporosis, will go away. We were expecting 1 or 2 tumors but not 4! I highly recommend Dr. Norman & his team. They know what they are doing
    in Hartford, CT |
    Dr. Norman and staff are beyond excellent in what they do. They explain everything leaving out no detail. Dr. Norman went above and beyond having done my surgery twice after an unsuccessful surgery at another hospital. After being unable to locate my tumor the first time he went in, he went to all lengths to guarantee a successful second surgery. If you need parathyroid surgery, do not go anywhere but Tampa!
    in Cairo, Egypt |
    No one like this man on earth. I am a doctor and I had a parathyroid tumor and I searched through medical websites and found this treasure. Nearly everything in parathyroid field was under his name guidelines, the operation technique and the intra operative nuclear assay. He is all in one doctor and no one like him. Thank you my my dear colleague you saved my life
    NC |
    I found Dr. Norman to be abrupt, rude, cocky, and verbose. He talks a good talk but When done, he is Done! I had my 2nd parathroidectomy which proved to be much more complicated than the picture he paints. I did not receive a follow up call post surgery and when we finally called him the following day with valid concerns, he accused us of lying and screamed about how he had "cured" me. I have been permanently disabled since with vocal cord paralysis/dysfunction and hypoparathyroidism.
    in Victor, NY |
    I had the parathyroid surgery two days ago. I've returned to my home in New York and feel great. I went back to work today. I didn't know what to expect at the center so I was pleasantly surprised. The facility was great, the staff was great. I wouldn't change a thing. Watch as many videos as you can and review the website. The information on the website and the videos is the truth. There are no surprises. :)
    in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
    DR. NORMAN CURED ME! How do you adequately thank someone for saving your life? In the past 18 months I have had 2 'unsuccessful' surgeries by two different surgeons searching for a parathyroid tumor. Dr. Norman found it immediately! His team is professional, respectful, kind and exhibit a warmth that makes you feel as if you are the only patient. Dr. Norman tries to hide his 'huge heart' but is an ardent advocate for his patients and does not abandon you once you leave the surgical suite.
    in Richardson, TX |
    I had been living with the "side effects" of having hyperparathyroidism for over 6 years. I researched the "best" in those specific areas.. Not once - not ever - did a single "specialist" EVER say to me.."Hmmm..lets check out your parathyroids. I suffered surgery, hopelessness, ignorance until finally someone labeled exactly what was wrong with me and how they could easily resolve these issues. We are truly responsible for our OWN health. I owe the remaining years of my life to Dr. Norman.
    Denver, CO |
    I spent a decade of my life with a parathyroid tumor that Dr Norman removed in under an hour. I wish I had known about him and his Parathyroid center sooner. It would have saved me from undergoing a failed parathyroidectomy and dozens of nuclear med scans. If you need surgery for your parathyroid, you need to go here.
    in Rochester NY |
    My journey to the Norman Parathyroid Center was long and frustrating, probably because my symptoms were not textbook. My principal regret is that I did not go to Tampa immediately upon diagnosis. I saw Dr. Mitchell, but the awesome thing about this group is they have so much experience that they understand the variations of the disease, and they are highly efficient surgeons. Facilities and support staff are great, too. I started feeling better 1 day post op, no complications.
    in Centerville, Ohio |
    I don't think there is enough space to tell how great Dr. Norman is. I am eternally grateful I flew to Florida to have the best care for my daughter because she sure was not getting it in our hometown. My dgt, is 15 y/o and was diagnosed with Primary hyperparathyroidism 3 yrs. ago. She saw 6 different doctors through these years all knowing she had this and they "waited and watched" while her body deteriorated. Dr. Norman cured her in 22 minutes. She is finding the new normal! Labs are perfect
    in St Petersburg |
    In 2006 both my husband and myself had parathyroid surgery and were totally pleased with all aspects. Again my parathyroid hormone level is high and I again signed up as a [patient. I now have been told that I have the results of a new problem and am wondering if it could be associated. My ovaries are much enlarged, I have a large ovarian cyst and a streaked endometrium. My age is 84 so these are unusual symptoms. Is it possible that these symptoms are caused by the hyperparathyroidism?
    in Middletown, CT |
    I had a diseased parathyroid gland removed by Dr. Norman in Jan. 2016. He explained the procedure very well before the surgery in a reassuring manner, which was great since I was sick and feeling nervous. The surgery was 17 minutes long and completely successful. When I woke up, that horrible buzzing was gone! After the surgery, he answered questions and explained what to expect during the recovery. I highly recommend making the trip to Tampa to have this very important surgery done correctly!
    in Martinsburg, WV |
    I am so highly satisfied with my experience with Dr. Norman and his colleagues I tell everyone I know about my experience. By doing my research and asking questions to local surgeons I was 100% sure in my decision to go to Dr. Norman for my hyperparathyroid surgery.
    in Panama City, FL |
    Dr. Norman removed my parathyroid tumor on 6/3/16. It was life changing. He spoke to my husband and I before the surgery & told us "this is going to be a life changing day for both of you". The experience was fantastic! I immediately knew I was in good hands, I was calm and constantly re-assured it was going to be better by the end of the day. They were so right!!! I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Dr. Norman & his group. I am so glad I was referred to them.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Skilled, caring physician. Fantastic staff. Takes the fear out of a surgical procedure. HIGHLY recommend both Dr. Norman and his staff.
    in Marietta GA |
    I came to Tampa to have a parathyroidectomy. My case was more complicated due to a large nodule on my thyroid which was behind a vocal cord that was not where it was expected to be. Dr. Lopez, Dr. Norman, and Dr. Boone made an excellent team! I had a smooth procedure and even though I had to have a port installed, I still left the same day (no overnight stay). Dr. Lopez called to check on me and answered my questions. I have never had such excellent care from an exceptional medical team.
    St Louis, MO |
    I went to the Norman Parathyroid Clinic in Tampa to have surgery to remove a parathyroid tumor after three years of being diagnosed as hyperparathyroid by my internist, but told to wait for surgery because my blood levels of calcium and PTH were not high enough. I had no physical symptoms like kidney stones or osteoporosis, but did suffer from what my doctor said was bursitis in my left hip. After surgery to remove one bad parathyroid in Tampa I am pain free and have only a small scar.
    in PLEASANT HILL, CA |
    THE MOST HIGHLY SKILLED AND EXPERIENCED PARATHYROID SURGEONS ANYWHERE. HIGHLY PATIENT CENTERED. I FELT A BOND THE FIRST TIME I SPOKE WITH THEM. THEIR STAFF SHARED THE SURGEONS' VISION. EVERYONE DEVOTED TO SOLVING MY PARATHYROID PROBLEM. THE BEST. DR. L. PLEASANT HILL, CALIFORNIA
    in Pueblo, CO |
    Hyperparathyroidism in not all that common and few doctors and surgeons have experience in treating it correctly. I was so grateful to find the Norman Parathyroid Clinic in Tampa, Florida! Dr. Norman has pioneered the minimally invasive surgical procedure and has decades of experience on thousands of patients. Get your surgery done right the first time like I did. Have it done by the Norman Parathyroid Center. It is worth the travel and expense. Their website is great, full of information.
    Have you seen Dr. James Norman, MD?
    Are you Dr. Norman?

Dr. Norman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Norman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrine Surgery

• Hypothyroidism
    • Kidney Disease
    • Lipid Disorders
    • Malaise and Fatigue
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia

University of South Florida

Completed in 1991

University of Central Florida

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Norman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Norman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrine Surgery