Dr. James Norman, MD

Endocrine SurgeryMaleAge 62

Dr. James Norman, MD is a Endocrine Surgery Specialist in Wesley Chapel, FL and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Norman has more experience with Osteoporosis & Screening than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Oral Roberts University / School of Medicine medical school in 1986. He is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Norman to book an appointment.

Norman Parathyroid Center

2400 Cypress Glen Dr Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Endocrine Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Norman

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Norman treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Norman treats other conditions, please contact the office at (813) 972-0000.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Norman is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

• VAP Lipid Testing
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Water Deprivation Test

Dr. Norman accepts

Dr. Norman accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
HealthyBlue Advantage
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

Dr. Norman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Norman

96.58119658119658%

Dr. Norman

You'd be better off going to other good surgeons who do the same procedure which is what I did for several reasons. First, Dr. Norman & the NPC makes you pay for the surgeon consult completely out-of-pocket $1750 instead of going through your insurance company. All other surgeons go through your insurance company, like they should, so I did NOT have to pay for ANY of the surgeon consults completely out of pocket. NPC makes you do all the running around to get out-of-pocket estimates, which I did not have to do with other surgeons I consulted with. NPC doesnt like you to ask questions. If you have a couple simple individual needs they dont want to deal with you. NPC charged me more than my insurance out-of-pocket max. NPC decided they didn't want to do the surgery because I asked to have my two simple requests sorted out before I took long expensive trip. They care more about numbers they can boast than they do about patients. Total lack of empathy, & you're just part ofassembly line.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Feb 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Thanks to Dr.Norman and Dr. Carling. The nursing team made me give you the fifth star. When I got overwhelmed with the prep they heard me, and that was all I needed. Tell them often how good they are.
Monika Conti – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
They saved my life! Best in the field. I flew hundreds of miles to be cared for by their surgeons.
Jeffersonville, IN – Dec 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman is a medical visionary. The Parathyroid.com site with associated apps for calcium, parathyroid and thyroid effectively both teach and foster patient safety. He clearly values excellence. Dr. Norman insured seamless teamwork at every step I took as a patient at the Norman Parathyroid Center. As a retired nurse, I found him to be an engaging knowledgeable physician who fully deserves accolades. There are not enough good words to express my gratitude. Dr. Norman's work is life changing.
Mary Jane Shipley in SALT LAKE CITY, UT – Sep 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
I'm so thankful I found Dr Norman! After 3 unsuccessful surgeries in the last 10 yrs, he cured my hyperparathyroidism in an hour!! Everyone in his office & at the hospital have all been so kind & made the process painless, even though we were out of state!
Debbie G. in Paola, KS – Aug 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
If you have primary parathyroidism, go to the Norman Parathyroid Center! Top notch healthcare!! I am so thankful!!
Laura in OH – Aug 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Excellent doctor. Can’t say enough about Dr. Norman!
Lori – Aug 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman is the man. He is most definitely an expert in his field and I can't imagine anyone being more passionate about their work as he is. He did a redo on finding my bad parathyroid that a other doctor messed up. Him and his staff make sure you are taking care of. Don't let anyone else do your parathyroid surgery. I'm thankful a friend of mine recommended Dr. Norman.
Jay Barnes in Ocala, FL – May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
I highly recommend the Norman Parathyroid Clinic and The Thyroid Cancer Center and wish I had known about them earlier and sought treatment from them prior to previous surgeries. The Norman Parathyroid Clinic and the Thyroid Cancer Center was truly a blessing to me and I could not be more thankful for everything I experienced during this past year with them! They found and removed a parathyroid tumor and cancer that other doctors had tried to find for the past 20 years! Greg Moore, Ripley, WV
Greg Moore in Ripley, WV – Dec 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr.Norman is the BEST. I am grateful for his expertise. I am from Brevard County FL. I had a failed parathyroid surgery locally in July 2017. Thanks to Dr.Norman and his staff I am now cured and feel better than I have in over a year. He performed my surgery this November. I am a RN and have worked in the health care field over 30 years. I was treated with such respect and care. I highly recommend him and his staff as your FIRST choice.
  • Long wait times
Selma Daniels in Rockledge Fl – Nov 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman saved my life. This man is passionate about his calling. He runs a well oiled ship..I had a surgery in 2010 to cure me of HYPERPARATHYROIDISM. It was under the care of endocrinologist, Dr. Stephen Rosen and ENT surgeon, Dr. Leahy. The surgery was preformed at Penna. Hospital Phila. Penna. I was never cured of this disease until 2017 when I had Dr. Norman diagnose and remove the remaining diseased gland. The prior surgery was a waste of medicare money and seven yrs. of my life.
Ruth Chesarek in Absecon, NJ – Nov 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Travelled all the way from Scotland U.K following a 5 hour failed attempt to remove my parathyroid. Visited NPC and Dr Norman successfully removed my adenoma in just 26 mins. This experience from start to finish was amazing and I cannot praise Dr Norman enough. I only wish I had gone to him in the first instance and would urge anyone with this condition to make contact with him and his amazing team.
Debra in Edinburgh, EDH – Oct 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. James Norman is an outstanding parathyroid surgeon. Difficult cases are easy for him! I was so blessed to have him perform my parathyroid surgery.
Jane Hubbard in Anniston, AL – Aug 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
The Norman Center is 5 Star all the way! You can never really say any surgery is "fun" but they certainly make it as easy and pleasant as possible! I feel like a new person and my scar is barely visible! It was well worth the schlep across the country. I had my surgery May 30th, 2017. Los Angeles certainly has good surgeons but after meeting a few, I really felt that the surgeons at the Norman Center were not only top surgeons but also experts in the disease itself. After 5 minutes of cha
Kim Fox in santa monica, ca – Jul 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
I would like to thank Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz for the excellent and second to none care and expertise I recently experienced at the Norman Parathyroid Centre. It is now 18 months since I had my parathyroid surgery, and I cannot say enough about my experience. Everything you see on their website is 100 per cent true. If I could give 10 stars I would. Thank you for giving me my life back!
Cindy Hann in Port Blandford, Nl – Jul 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman and his whole team were amazing! Everything was so well explained, starting with my first phone call to Tampa right down to even watching the YouTube video of Dr. Norman showing how to get to the Parathyroid floor in Tampa General Hospital. I loved Dr. Norman's personality and his honesty...it was very refreshing. He was also very kind and, when my surgery time neared, he reassured me I was going to do great and my parathyroid issues would be behind me. My surgery went perfectly!
Barb in Montesano, WA – Jun 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Awesome…the entire staff at Norman Parathyroid Center… from the office support, fabulous doctors/nurses, the surgical team including the hospital staff!!! Tampa General Hospital provided an atmosphere of peace and calm. This energized bunny has been re-energized!!! I am so thankful and blessed to have found the Norman Parathyroid Center. May God bless all of you for your dedication and caring in giving people back their lives in an easy, no non-sense manner!!!
Claudia B in Largo, FL – Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman knows what he is doing. After 3 unsuccessful operations (several hours long each) by two different doctors in the Buffalo NY area, Dr. Norman found my tumor in less than 20 minutes. It was well worth the trip to Tampa. I'm finally getting my life back.
Ingrid in Alden, NY – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
I had parathyroid surgery 2 days ago w/ Dr. Norman & his amazing team of doctors. They removed 4 tumors on my parathyroids! My blood calcium readings have been 10.1-10.4 for the past 4 years ( my primary care dr told me that was normal!) Dr.Norman's team saved my life! The symptoms I have been suffering with such as GERD, rapid heart beat, irritability, & osteoporosis, will go away. We were expecting 1 or 2 tumors but not 4! I highly recommend Dr. Norman & his team. They know what they are doing
Gina Marie in Greensboro, NC – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?
Dr. Norman and staff are beyond excellent in what they do. They explain everything leaving out no detail. Dr. Norman went above and beyond having done my surgery twice after an unsuccessful surgery at another hospital. After being unable to locate my tumor the first time he went in, he went to all lengths to guarantee a successful second surgery. If you need parathyroid surgery, do not go anywhere but Tampa!
Cathy S. in Hartford, CT – Mar 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Norman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Norman?

Providing personalized and highly specialized care for parathyroid patients from around the world. Invented most techniques used in mini-parathyroid surgery,...Read more

• Endocrine Surgery