Dr. James Motlagh, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 54

Dr. Motlagh

Dr. James Motlagh, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Plattsburgh, NY and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch in 1992 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery and general surgery.

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Motlagh

4.0

Dr. Motlagh?
Dr. Motlagh's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Motlagh, MD
Dr Motlagh is a very caring doctor. I was very scared about my procedure.He just has a way of calming you down and making you feel better. I had implants that had ruptured he removed them and did Reconstructive surgery He tells you what to expect and he answers all your questions I was extremely happy with the results of his surgical skill His staff was always friendly and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Motlagh very highly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
Dr Motlagh did a wonderful job with my breast reduction. He guided me on all of my decisions and helped with any questions and concerns I had during the healing process. I went from a DDD on a very small body frames causing major headaches and neck/back issues to a full C/D and I’ve never felt better. I couldn’t thank him enough for his work and team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
Absolutely loved Dr. Motlagh and his office. They were amazing and always willing to go above and beyond. Answered every question I had and kept me informed throughout the whole surgical process. Great doctor, has amazing experience. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
I’ve never met a doctor that made you feel so comfortable. Having a breast reduction is a very scary thing. He explained every thing very well. The morning of the surgery I was so nervous and the second I saw him I knew I would be okay. He did a phenomenal job. I went from a G cup to a C and now I have no more back and neck pain!! I feel like a I have a new lease on life. Thank you doctor!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
In June 2018 I had a breast reduction by Dr. Motlagh. I had pain in my back, shoulders, neck, and carried such weight in my pendulous breast. I researched about a reduction. I also looked at many before and after pictures of reduction surgeries. I visited a few bra stores to be sure I was choosing the right size for me. Dr. Motlagh did a super job, answered all of my questions, and was extremely professional. I love my new breast. I feel beautiful. I highly recommend Dr. Motlagh.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
I was referred to Dr Motlagh after 2 un successful lumpectomys. He was upfront, honest and realistic about my results. I told him I didn't expect to look like Barbie but wanted to be comfortable in my own skin. He performed immediate reconstruction after my double mastectomy. I spent 1 night in hospital with minimal pain. It has been 3 months of follow ups as he made sure I was healing properly. I was just released from care. Final result is great and I could not be happier that I stayed local.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
Great Dr. wonderful bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
Dr. Motlagh was very skillful, knowledgeable and kind. He answered all of my and my husband's questions which help me deal with a very stressful situation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
Dr. Motlagh is a very professional surgeon and I recommend him to all people because he has done a tremendous job of removing my cyst. It has healed so well that others do not notice it because of how well he stitched the place where my cyst was located. I am very pleased of the outcome. I highly recommend Dr. Motlagh for removing anything, including skin cancer, tumors, and more.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
Great doctor!! Has the best professional attitude for a plastic surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
Excellent Doctor! Very professional & friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
I highly recommend! I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Motlagh. He made my visits, the surgery & the post operative visits the most pleasant I have ever had with any physician. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
Upon going to Dr Motlagh, I was so nervous and a little scared, all my questions were answered and my mind put to rest. He also has the best bedside manner and kindness in his voice. The kind of doctor every woman wants to go to and have a professional relationship with. He is such a good surgeon, that I had absolutely NO pain, and that was one of my major concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs his field of expertice. He is kind, soft spoken, and very good at his job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
I had breast augmentation done by Dr. Motlagh. I had to have it corrected by Dr. Harrison. Dr. Motlagh did not guide me in selecting the implant size. He left that to his nurses and the devices he had availble to assist were not very accurate in predicting the outcome. His staff also kept urging me to use larger implants. As a result my breasts were much too large and it cost me $5000 to have it reduced. He is too much flash and not enough skill or caring about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?
Not very knowledgeable regarding corrective acne scar procedures. Claimed "I don't know" about the likelihood of improvement with juvaderm which came off as non-confidence in his abilities.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Motlagh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Motlagh?

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

2000
1998
1992

Dr. Motlagh accepts

Dr. Motlagh accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

• Hidradenitis
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Second-Degree Burns
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Skin Excision for Hidradenitis
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Motlagh treats patients.