Dr. James Melisi, MD

Dr. James Melisi, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Neurosurgical Associates 1651 N Parham Rd, Henrico, VA 23229 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Melisi specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Henrico, VA. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Melisi? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Melisi's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Melisi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Melisi

Dr. Melisi accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Melisi's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Melisi to family and friends
3.2
Experience with Dr. Melisi
Dr. Melisi's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (34)
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. James Melisi believed he could help me when others said it was hopeless. He's the first surgeon whom took time explaining the MRI's. His surgical skill and believing in what is right for the patient, not what the insurance co "thinks" is right is above anything I have encountered. I have my life back as best as it can be after being ruined by another dr in area. There is SO much more I could say but not enough space. He's my "Dr. House", and my only regret is he didn't do my 1st surgery
in Garner, NC |
Worst doctor experience of my entire life. I got there 20 min early, and proceeded to wait 2 HOURS until being called back. After 10 min, Dr Melisi said there was nothing he could do and sent me on my way. I proceeded to get a $300 bill for the assessment, & TWO MONTHS LATER I get a call from my insurance company saying the doctor's office has still not processed the payment. Many calls/hours later found out it was because the doctor had registered the wrong address with UHC. Do not recommend.
in Richmond, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Melisi any day. He performed a ACDF a few weeks ago and I can happily say that he is my hero. I have been in pain for over 7 years but since removing the herniated disk from my neck, the pain has gone down significantly. I can pretty much function without much pain medication. If I had to do it again I would. Dr. James Melisi and his nurse Nove are the best.
Henrico, VA |
I liked his direct approach and made me feel confident that the surgery would be a success and I would be back to normal very quickly. Everything went smoothly and I greatly appreciated the communication (both from him and Chris, the PA), before during and after surgery. I understood what was to be expected from the surgery and timeline of recovery. I highly recommend Dr Melisi and his team!
in Mechanicsville, VA |
After significant neck, and shoulder pain for years, for 3 months until Feb 2016 there was no relief. Had 5 visits to Chiropractor and 2 Massages. After an MRI, I was referred to Dr. James Melisi, who explained the severe narrowing between Cervical 4-5 and 5-6. He was very patient, fully and kindly explaining what was needed and answering my many questions. Surgery went very well, and recovery is also going well, pretty much pain free. I highly recommend him. Robert in Mechanicsville.
in Richmond, VA |
Six weeks ago Dr. Melisi performed surgery on the narrowing of my spinal canal which was almost completely closed at #3,4 and 5. After reviewing my MRI he quickly diagnosed the problem and scheduled me for surgery as soon as he could. He was very patient and caring when he met with my family after surgery. My recovery has gone very well. I admire Dr. Melisi's precision skills and appreciate all he has done for me. I highly recommend him for neurological surgery. Mary M. Ouellette 3/31/16
in Deltaville, VA |
After having a problem for the past two or three years, I was fortunate to be connected with Dr. Melisi. He immediately saw that I had a stenosis problem which was the cause of my disability. Within a week he performed surgery on my back. By the day after surgery, I had improved leg function that I had not had for the past two or three years. Dr. Melisi and his support staff are the best in my opinion. I would recommend him without any reservation.
in Highland Springs, VA |
Dr. Melisi was great! I am no longer in excruciating pain or any pain! The sensitivity to hot and cold water no longer exist; the numbness in my arms have ceased! I did loose my voice but it returned. I was back at work within 2mths. I would recommend Dr. Melisi to anyone requiring this type of surgery.
in Glen Allen, VA |
Dr. Melisi performed spine surgery on me in September 2015. I am incredibly happy with his work and highly recommend him. He is very patient and took the time to sit down with me and answer all of my questions. He never made me feel rushed in any way. He was very thorough and asked in-depth questions to get to the root cause. He is also very creative and made it a point to save my tattoo! He made it as important to himself as it was to me. If I could rate him higher than a 5, I would.
Have you seen Dr. James Melisi, MD?
Are you Dr. Melisi?

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity

• Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

SUNY Dwnstate M C Coll Med

Graduated in 1986

Washington Hospital Center

Completed in 1987

George Washington University

Completed in 1993

National Institutes Of Health Clinical Center

Completed in 1991

Dr. Melisi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Melisi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Melisi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Melisi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Melisi

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Melisi's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Melisi

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients