Preventive Medicine  |
Dr. James Meehan Jr, MD
Dr. Meehan is not your typical doctor. Before his career in medicine, he was an award winning West Point cadet, medical sales executive, and entrepreneur. He's also a 5th degree black-belt in Tae Kwon Do, NAGA World Jiu Jitsu Champion, and 2013 "Living Legend" inductee into the Martial Arts Masters Hall of Fame. Dr. Meehan has advanced training in ophthalmology, medical informatics, functional medicine, interventional endocrinology, and nutrition. He is an expert in pain management, addiction medicine, diagnostic laboratory services, toxicology, pharmacogenetics, and the business of medicine, He created the Meehan Protocol(TM) for male hormone replacement and invented the MINDSET(TM) Wellness Operating System. With these tools, he restores the health and lives of patients suffering from pain and addiction. His programs have helped thousand of patients optimize their health as well as reduce and eliminate their dependence on dangerous drugs. Despite all of his accomplishments, he will tell you his greatest joys come from his service to Christ, 26 years of devotion to his beautiful wife, Cathy, raising five amazing children, watching them find their paths and purpose in the world, and enjoying every possible moment with his grandson, Isaiah.

CatalystMD

• HealthPlus
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health

Learn about Dr. Meehan Jr

I believe that the body has a nearly unlimited potential to heal. Realizing that full potential requires addressing key fundamental health factors, factors that are typically ignored by most doctors. My team and I educate, mentor, and guide you in a process that improves mindfulness, inflammation control, nutrition, detoxification, sleep, exercise, and total hormone balance. Only by building a firm foundation can the healing begin and a real freedom from disease and addiction follow.

Dr. Meehan Jr's Experience

Dr. Meehan Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Preventive Medicine

• Preventive Medicine
  • Addiction Medicine
  • Clinical Exercise Physiology
  • Dietary Management
  • Endocrinology
  • Metabolism Disorders
  • Thyroid Disorders

Dr. Meehan Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Chronic Pain

• Hormone Therapy, Men
  • Medication Management
  • Thyroid Hormone Balancing
  • Weight Loss Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Us Military Academy
  • Institute for Functional Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • United States Military Academy, West Point
    Other Education | Completed 1985

Dr. Meehan Jr has no awards or honors listed.

• The Journal of Ocular Inflammation and Immunology, 2000-2001

Dr. Meehan Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meehan Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Meehan Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meehan Jr to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Meehan Jr's Performance
in Mounds, OK |
This is a good doctor.
He is the real deal.
in Broken Arrow, OK |
Dr. Meehan has been understanding and personable. I feel he is generally concerned for his patients wellbeing.
in Tulsa, OK |
I am very satisfied with all Dr. Meehan has done in educating me about side affects and medicine overall.
in Tahlequah, OK |
I have seen Dr. Meehan since 4/25/2013. He is a very good and excellent physician. I have only good things to say about him and his expertise especially for people like me who have multiple disabilities. I endorse Dr. Meehan 100%
Very respectful doctor.
in Muskogee, OK |
understanding and helpful
in Tulsa, OK |
Experience has been very good. He explains himself and gives best care possible.
grateful
in sapulpa, ok |
He listens well & cares about me personally & my health. I like that he is a Christian & prays w/me when needed.
in Sapulpa, OK |
Great dr & wonderful prayers.
in Henryetta, OK |
It's been informative and interesting. I have learned a lot about overall health. I've been in pain management for 15 years and although I feel I will continue to have to take pain medication to have better quality of everyday life, I have cut my pain medication intake in half in the last 2 years.
in S Coffeyville, OK |
Great doctor, very helpful and caring throughout all my ups and downs. Thank you!!
in Bartlesville, OK |
Very professional and organized. Cares about the whole person.
in Collinsville, OK |
Dr. Meehan takes the time to inform patients about overall health management for life.
in Tulsa, OK |
He is an amazing dr. I have honestly never met or had the honor of meeting another like him. I have to say he is the only dr. that has cared about myself & health. Thank you Dr. Meehan!
I love him
in Cleveland, OK |
Thought he was a good dr. Very informative, caring, and considerate!
in Tulsa |
He is a very caring doctor who is trying to make a difference. I was lucky to meet him from an unfortunate situation. Staff is very helpful, courteous, kind & top notch.
in Tulsa, Ok |
Dr. Meehan was lifesaving. I had all but given up home for a better life. He encouraged me, started changing my meds, & added vitamins and minerals. He is very knowledgeable, very compassionate, & very competent. He has also always prayed with me.
in Haskell, OK |
Very good experience. He really cares for my wellbeing. One of the best doctors I've had the privilege of having.
in Tulsa |
He takes the time to listen to your needs. I've had a comfortable visits from him.
in Van Buren, Arkansas |
Wonderful Bedside Manner- Very Caring
in Jennings, OK |
Informative.
in Sperry, OK |
He knows his job very well. Great staff.
in Sapulpa, OK |
First thing is he prayed for me. I can't express how much that meant to me. He gave me a chance, why I am not sure. He believed in me. I felt safe. This is a kind, patient, very nice, real deal, and rare christian doctor.
This is a good doctor.
in Tulsa, OK |
This doc knows his stuff.
London, AR |
Dr Meehan is an amazing dr.! He truly cares about getting his patient's well and not dependent on having to take medications all the time. He is a very intelligent man that has alot of insight on the body's ability to heal itself. He truly cares and wants the best for his patients. Every time I go to him, I learn something new that I can do to help my body to function at its optimal best. Very caring staff as well. Amazing all around.
in Sand springs, Ok |
Overall a Great experience.
productive and interesting
in Wagoner, OK |
Dr Meehan is a good doctor and a good person. He has helped me not only with my medicine but with a few personal problems also.
in Tusa, Ok |
grateful
in Broken Arrow |
Caring doctor.
in Tulsa, OK |
Very helpful, understanding and patient. Shares a lot of helpful information to improve my health and pain.
Very Positive!
in Henryetta, OK |
Very Good doctor tells you everything so you can understand.
in Tulsa, OK |
Excellent Experience with Dr. Meehan!
in Tulsa, OK |
Superb, I highly recommend him as much as possible!
Scary to think what my health would look like without Dr. Meehan! I lost weight and am eating healthy now thanks to this talented doc.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr. Meehan is an answer to prayers. Pain pills were controlling my life, destroying my marriage, and ending my career. Every doc I went to ignored the warning signs and just kept giving me more drugs. Dr. Meehan was the first doctor to recognize and treat the real problem: I was addicted to the pills. Now I'm off of the oxycodone and I've almost finished tapering off of Suboxone. I'm nearly free again. He's tough because he cares enough to be tough with his patients.
in Wagoner, OK |
It's great, his treatment may have saved my life!
in Bartlesville, OK |
Dr. Meehan listens to my health concerns and he is the only doctor I feel safe with. He is professional and has compassion for my chronic pain.
Truly cares.
in Bixby, OK |
He is very knowledgeable about pain.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr. Meehan is recommended by tons of guys I know for his expertise in hormone replacement. This dude knows what he's doing and he doesn't charge ridiculous prices. He's clearly passionate about what he does and it reflects in the thoroughness of his knowledge. Dr. Meehan is the man!
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr. Meehan knows his stuff. I've been to a bunch of docs for hormone replacement, and they are in the dark ages compared to Dr. Meehan. His program and protocols are state-of-the art. He's also a great teacher. He teaches you how to take care of yourself. Most docs just demand you do what they say, Dr. Meehan treats you like a partner. I really like and recommend Dr. Meehan.
in Tulsa, OK |
Wonderful staff. Beautiful clinic. Excellent doctor. Great teacher. Very thorough. Great bedside manner. I highly recommend Dr. Meehan.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr. Meehan is the first doctor to give me hope. I've suffered from severe pain for most of my adult life. Therefore, I've suffered one bad doctor after another whose only answer to the treatment of chronic pain was more pills and more steroid injections. All these docs did for me is treat me like a drug addict and refuse to refill my pain meds if I didn't submit to their monthly steroid injection scheme. Under Dr. Meehan's care I'm in less pain, on less meds, and in a far better place in life.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr. Meehan is an exceptional doctor in a specialty full of drug dealers hiding behind their medical license. I've been to all of the pain management doctors in Tulsa. None of them recognized my addiction to pain killers. All of them offered me anything I wanted. Only Meehan was able to help me to see how my drug dependencies and addictions were destroying my health, relationships, and life. He not only helped me to see, but he gave me a way to get free. May God bless Dr. Meehan.
Have you seen Dr. James Meehan Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Meehan Jr?