Dr. James Maxwell, MD

Dr. James Maxwell, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

2929 E Camelback Rd Ste 118 Phoenix, AZ 85016 Get Directions

Dr. James Maxwell, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Maxwell is affiliated with HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center.

Dr. Maxwell's Experience

See how Dr. Maxwell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Maxwell

Dr. Maxwell accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Maxwell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Maxwell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Maxwell to family and friends
Dr. Maxwell's Performance
Phoenix, AZ |
Amazing experience after going to a few other local surgeons who seemed only interested in multiple level immediate surgery. Dr Maxwell and his staff were awesome. The case went great. I was told about the latest innovative items used and my recovery was faster than expected. I couldn't be more pleased with the entire experience and am glad I didn't go with option 1 or 2 and decided to go for additional reviews. I highly recommend Dr James Maxwell as my experience relieved the typical anxiety.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was recommended to Dr Maxwell after a serious scare at work. At first, because of insurance, his office said my insurance want accepted. After talking to his medical assistant, they had me come in. Even though Dr M wasnt contracted and I had to pay more, MY LIFE IS BACK! Thank you thank you. I can't even describe how bad my arm strength was, and he operated on my neck. Now everything is perfect. Couldn't recommend more highly.
in Phoenix, AZ |
As a former Marine, the VA has been a struggle. Dr Maxwell took my problem seriously. Thank GOD for him. I just had surgery and I can support my family more. I needed lumbar surgery, scary but it finally was done. Most respectful Dr I've ever met, and he's a VETERAN!
in Cave Creek, AZ |
Had a fusion surgery done by Dr Maxwell for spinal stenosis in 02/18/14 and I'm still in bad pain 3 years later. Went back and told him I was still in pain and he said it will go away, three years later and still in pain. Don't want to sit here trashing Dr Maxwell, just want to tell what happened to me. There is NOTHING more important than finding the best surgeon you can find. I waited till last second till I was in so much pain that I couldn't go check around, my fault and used Dr Maxwell.
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Maxwell took the time to explain, in simple terms, his approach to procedures and expected results. I was back to where I wanted to be in weeks, instead of months!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Wow, great experience with Dr. Maxwell. I feel lucky. I fractured two vertebra in my back at work, Dr. Maxwell didn't tell me surgery was necessary and sent me for therapy and an injection. They've helped amazingly. He speaks the truth and I can't speak more highly. Thank you.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Helped me through everything. Can't thank the dr enough. I had a herniated disk and couldn't work. I'm back to work now and he's the best. Thank you!
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Maxwell had absolutely no interest in the fact that my mother had fallen twice after having back surgery performed my him. He simply advised her to go to the ER where she was admitted and drugged out of her mind for 5 days (twice). She kept complaining of extreme pain in her legs. His only concern was the surgical site. He made no effort to explore further the possibility of damage elsewhere from her fall. It's been 7 weeks and she is still suffering. I call this negligence.
Have you seen Dr. James Maxwell, MD?
Are you Dr. Maxwell?

Compare Dr. Maxwell

Dr. Maxwell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Maxwell has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Maxwell's Board Certifications

• Ataxia
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

Naval Hospital

Completed in 1986

Kerlan Jobe Ortho Clin

Completed in 1990

Dr. Maxwell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Maxwell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Replacement
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair