Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. James Maguire Jr, MD
Dr. James Maguire Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Knoxville, TN. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Maguire Jr is affiliated with Physicians Regional Medical Center.

Knoxville Orthopaedic Clinic

1422 Old Weisberger Rd

Knoxville, TN 37909

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • POMCO Group
  • Wells Fargo Insurance

Learn about Dr. Maguire Jr

Dr. Maguire Jr's Experience

Dr. Maguire Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Broken Neck
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Hip Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
  • Meth Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • University At Buffalo State University Of New York
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Maguire Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Maguire Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Maguire Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Maguire Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Maguire Jr to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Maguire Jr's Performance
New Tazewell, TN |
Very professional and personable.
in Knoxville, TN |
I have already recommended him to all of my friends that may have back problems. He was wonderful and I recouped in record time... everything turned out great and I'm back to playing tennis after 3 and 1/2 months.
in Knoxville |
Dr. Maguire has been the most rewarding experience during a time when I did not know what would be my end result for living a full and productive life. Dr. Maguire and his staff answered all of my questions, my husband's questions and took me through the least evasive procedures through surgery. Once my decision was surgery, he walked me through what would happen, how it would happen, how long it would take, and what the results may be; at least 90+% of pain relief. Happy Success!
in Knoxville, TN |
Received Excellent care and treatment from Dr. Maguire and his staff.
in Knoxville, TN |
Great doctor!!! I will see no one else but Dr Maguire!!!
in Bulls Gap, TN |
Dr Maguire tried other options before doing surgery (epidural) but I did not have significant improvement in my pain. He then suggested surgery, which was very successful! Thank you Dr Maguire for your surgical expertise!
in Knoxville, TN |
My experience with having Dr. Maguire as my surgeon was very reassuring. Having never had surgery before I was scared to say the least. Dr. Maguire was very good about explaining everything and trying to allay my fears. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery.
Alcoa, TN |
I sustained a neck injury last fall. Dr. Maguire really went out of his way to explain my injury and how my neck was causing some of the issues in my shoulder and arm. He spent time explaining all possible options, even returning a call himself and spending time on the phone to ensure I was comfortable. I had a discectomy 3 weeks ago and can truly say it's changed my life. Dr. Maguire is patient, kind, and takes his time to ensure everything is right. I HIGHLY recommend him!
in Knoxville, TN |
Let me just say that I had several opinions concerning my surgery; with Dr Maguire being the first to evaluate me. Ultimatelyatly I opted to go with Dr Maguire to do the ACDF procedure. Why? There are many reasons: 1) Knowledge, 2) Patience and 3) Level of confidence in doing the surgery. I never felt worried or concerned with Dr Maguire. He is vibrant, easy to talk to and will spend every available second to answer and thwart any concerns or fears that one may have. For me, however, it just c
in Decatur, TN |
I enjoyed meeting Dr. Maguire and his staff. For the first time in over 7 years I am pain free. I can stand up and walk without it hurting. I am getting my life back. Thank you for all of your help and expert surgery and advice.
Athens, TN |
Highly recommended for neck issues. However I am confident that he is just as skilled in others!
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Maguire has taken care of my orthopedic issues for several years. He has always taken a personal interest in me. I highly recommend him.
in Lake City, TN |
Dr. Maguire Jr. is top of the list when it comes to back surgery and really knows what he is doing. He is very skilled in his line of work. He came highly recommended to me by another great doctor. I think that speaks loudly to have the respect of other doctors. R. Mae Raulston
in Athens, TN |
I had suffered with back pain for many years. I had seen two specialists who said they couldn't help me. Dr. Maguire did a great job. I'm am 3 months post-surgery and doing great.
Maynardville, TN |
He was very friendly an professional. Took time to answer my questions an put me more at ease about having my surgery. Would highly recommend him.
in Knoxville, TN |
I would recommend Dr. Maguire to anyone who has back issues. He came recommended to me as the best back surgeon by my primary care doctor and he did not disappoint. He is very skilled and takes the time to fully get to know your issues. My follow up has taken longer than I expected but he has been very supportive in my recovery.
in Morristown, TN |
Very straight forward Doctor. Gave me all the info I needed so I could make my decision to have decompression and fusion surgery on my L4 and L5. He did the surgery, very little pain, just mainly some discomfort first couple weeks. I have already recommended him to a friend that needed similar surgery.
in Friendsville, TN |
Great Staff very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly people and Dr awesome Doctor.
in Kingston, TN |
I recommend Dr. Maguire to anyone with neck and shoulder pain. He is thorough and very knowledgeable in his profession. He was recommended to me by a co-worker over ten years ago and has been my doctor since. I am retired and my cervical spine surgeries have given me relief from pain and let me enjoy the things I want to do. I would not consider going to another doctor.
Knoxville, TN |
I would recommend Dr Maguire to anyone needing spine surgery. I put surgery off for several years because I was aftaid to have it done. Finally when I could hardly walk, I went back and decided to let him do what he told me needed to be done in 2011. I could not believe the difference. The next day, the horrible pain down my legs was done. I am recovering from the surgery on 5-20-16 but without a doubt, Dr Maguire is a God send for me.
Have you seen Dr. James Maguire Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Maguire Jr?