Dermatology  |
Dr. James Lynott, MD
Dr. Lynott is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and trained Mohs surgeon who is knowledgeable in the latest treatment protocols for skin diseases and conditions. His professional areas of interest include skin cancer detection and treatment, acne treatments to minimize scarring, and treatments of rosacea, eczema and atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, vitiligo, warts, molluscum, skin allergies and rashes. Dermatology is much more than just giving patients prescriptions – it’s about educating them as to the nature of the condition and the besttreatment options for their individual situation. - James V. Lynott, MD

1300 S Green Bay Rd Ste 100

Mount Pleasant, WI 53406

Dr. James Lynott, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Lynott

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.

Dr. Lynott's Experience

Dr. Lynott's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Folliculitis
  • Itchy Skin
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Removal
  • Skin Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • American Society For Mohs Surgery
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Lynott has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lynott to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Lynott's Performance
Racine, WI |
Knowledgable, effiecent and timely with his patients.
Chicago, IL |
Financial. Chrges exhorbinant and unreasonable prices. Financial. Chrges exhorbinant and unreasonable prices. Financial. Chrges exhorbinant and unreasonable prices. 0
Hi Thank you for posting a review. I appreciate your feedback.
in Racine, WI |
Friendly, extremely competent, thoroughly answered all my questions and more when curiousity got the better of me. Has performed surgery twice in the past on me and I had complete confidence that he would perform up to my expectations.
Hi Thanks for the positive feedback and responding to the review. I appreciate the feedback.
in Kenosha, WI |
I would recommend Dr. Lynott as dermatologist. He explains and performs the necessary procedures very well. His medical assistants in the office are very good as well. Can't say that for the phone staff as they did a lot of transferring to a person that could get the job done and she was not very good dong so. The Patient Portal is way out of date. Over a year old. Would do me no good if I needed the information to give to my regular doctor.
in Racine, WI |
I have many times told family and friends that Dr. Lynott is the best dermatologist that you could hope for. He is also the finest surgeon. He has done several on my wife's face, nose and lip that are as good as or better than a plastic surgeon. He has gained our confidence. Our appointments are always on time because Dr. Lynott and staff are very efficient. My appointment on September 18, 2017 was finished by the time it was scheduled to start.
Racine, WI |
After a year, they finally got me on meds that helped my issue. Though not gone, we are trying other things to see what it may be. Though this is good, they dont really listen to my other concerns about things on my skin that have developed. Take everything we say seriously and be aggressive with possible treatments. There may be an underlying issue you're not seeing, or thinking about.
Hi Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate you taking time to leave a review.
in Kenosha, WI |
Understanding that you have skin cancer can be a hard thing to accept, especially when the cancer is on your face. At first, I wasn't onboard with Mohs Surgery, as the deformities and scarring that could result of this surgery were a concern. Dr Lynott took his time to explain the surgery and all my options. Once I decided to get it removed, he did his best to focus on the cancer and take as little of my healthy tissue as possible. He did some magic to stitch me up and I am healing very well.
in Racine, WI |
Made me feel very comfortable and at ease.
in Racine |
I have seen Dr Lynott several times over the last 6 years, but I will never go to him again. I have a rare skin condition, with no cure, it is difficult to treat, and sadly, it is hard to find dermatologists that are familiar with it and the current treatments being used by other doctors. His treatment suggestions are years out of date with the current studies, and he did not seem to hear me say that I have tried suggested treatment many times over the last 20+ years without success.
Hi Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Appreciate your feedback.
in Racine, WI |
I had a MOHS surgery on an SCC on my cheek just yesterday. I won't even have the stitches out until 6 days from now so maybe it's a but early to comment. But so far it's a complete satisfactory experience. I was in the office for less than 2 hours (most of that waiting for the lab result). The procedure was quick and painless (just a small sting when the numbing injection was made). A day later, no bleeding, no pain, no swelling, no sign of infection. ??
Racine, WI |
Friendly, personable and great sense of humor. Took care of my issue in 2 visits. I will be a returning patient if I ever need a dermatologist again. Great service!!!
Oak Creek, WI |
was very happy with the experience at the clinic and with Dr. Lynott. Nurses were very nice and patient with me because i was getting the mohs surgery on my nose and i hate shots, just the anticipation was making me nervous. The procedure went well and my nose really looks nice.
Racine, WI |
Very professional and concerned about the reason for my visit. Asked questions about my condition and gave Options for treatment. His nurse was very pleasant and had a good sense of humor dealing with me and my distaste for receiving a shot. Would recommend this Physician and this office to anyone.
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr Lynott is the only dermatologist I will see. Is an excellent Mohs surgeon. I have recommended many others to his office. Is usually on time or even sees you before your appointment time.
Twin Lakes, WI |
Straight forward, listens to concerns, explains very thoroughly. Had Mohs surgery performed and the results were excellent. Highly reccommended.
in Racine, WI |
Dr. Lynott is the BEST ever!! We appreciated all of his concern and help he has been providing over the past few years. He takes time to answer our questions and offers EXCELLENT advice. We can't thank him enough! He is probably overwhelmed with all his new patients.... Because we recommended him to all our family, friends, and neighbors!
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Lynott is very easy to speak to. He explains things in detail so I understand thoroughly. I like the consistency of care I get with Dr. Lynott. I was getting very frustrated with the revolving door of doctors at another dermatology office in Kenosha. He is very proficient and current with all the latest protocols. I am very happy I found Dr. Lynott. L
Racine, WI |
Very good experience, the doctor was professional and friendly. I have been to a number of dermatologist, he has been the best.
in Union Grove, WI |
Dr. Lynott and his staff are outstanding and caring professionals. They provide every patient the time and expertise needed for the best possible treatment. Our family trusts them completely and wouldn't ever consider going anywhere else. We feel extremely fortunate to be patients of Dr. Lynott.
in South Milwaukee, WI |
Everyone is so friendly and helpful. He takes time to answer any questions I have. I have given a business card to many of my friends and family. I came here because my father was very happy with the care he received. So far two people I gave cards to are now patients of Dr. Lynott MD.
in Racine, WI |
Overall it was a mediocre experience. The Nurse was friendly and pleasant. Dr. Lynott was courteous and explanitive with the procedure. I DID NOT, HOWEVER, ENJOY HIM CUTTING OFF A PIECE OF MY FRIGGIN TOE FOR A NAIL SAMPLE FOR SOME KIND OF FUNGUS! Thank you.
Cedar Rapids, IA |
I've experienced double booking for appointments and have been waiting since Oct. and it's March for my rash to go away. He has told me different diagnosis and has used many different creams and ointments for treatment with little or no success. I feel like a Ginny pig trying different things and getting no where. Very frustrating.
Hi Thank you for posting a review. I appreciate your feedback.
in Pleasant Prairie, WI |
The doctor has done 6 mohl surgeries over 10 years on me. He is great! A real artist with the surgery as the scars are very hard to notice. At 64 I really don't care for too many doctors but he get my trust. Glad I found him when I did.
in Racine, WI |
Dr. Lynott addressed all my questions and gave me clear understandable answers. He offered me alternatives to using drugs for treatment. He was very cordial and did not rush through my visit.
in Racine, WI |
Dr Lynott is a very likeable guy and very knowledgable in his field .I would recommend him to anyone need a good dermatologist ...
in Racine, WI |
well never remembers what was said and will never keep his word.
Hi Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Appreciate your feedback.
in Kenosha, WI |
Very level and patient doctor with helpful support staff. Willing to listen; explains options well with consideration of patient input. Prior to starting with Dr. Lynott about three years ago, I cycled through three dermatologists over four years as they kept leaving the area & changing networks. Glad to have found someone experienced and practical who seems happy where he is.
in Mukwonago |
friendly and very friendly staff.
in Racine, WI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Lynott for many years; I also have recommended him to others and they have had positive results also.
in Racine, WI |
Dr. Lynott gets it right every time. He is the most skilled surgeon. There are other good doctors but I don't believe there are any better than Dr. Lynott. We recommend him to all our friends.
Racine, WI |
Did an outstanding job on my Moh's procedure and the annual visits have been handled on a very timely and professional basis
in Mt. Pleasant, WI |
Always a good experience. On time , pleasant staff and Dr. Lynott explains everything and easy to understand. The only fault I think he is a Chicago Bear fan.
in Twin Lakes, Wi |
Calm demeanor, very detailed and answers questions thoroughly. Was recommended several years ago by my general physician and I have gone to him since. Had one Mohrs surgery by Dr. Lynott and it is difficult to see where it was done.
in Racine, WI |
Professional and friendly, a winning combination. I look forward to each appointment because I know that Doctor Lynott will always do his best for me. Now what more could I ask or expect!
in Racine, WI |
Dr. Lynott is a caring and very knowledgeable physician. Friendly and always concerned about your health.
in Kenosha, WI |
I was quite amazed with all aspects of this dermatology consultation. I came about 15 minutes early for my appointment and exited just at the time we were scheduled. His staff was very proficient and courteous. Dr. Lynott was able to treat my medical complaints in this singular appointment. His bedside manner was pleasant and efficient.
Racine, WI |
Friendly, attentive, professional, thorough.
in Racine, WI |
I have seen Dr. Lynott for several years. I have found him to be caring and compassionate. The staff and assistants are friendly and courteous. I have had several MOHS procedures performed with successful results, and minimal scarring. My skin cancers were a direct result of sun exposure throughout my life. I would recommend Dr. Lynott's services to anyone with concern about their skin.
in Racine, WI |
Best skin care Dr in Milwaukee area.
in Burlington, WI |
He is a very good Doctor, he always has an answer to all my questions, he is never impatient no matter how many questions I ask or how many times I ask the same question. He is friendly and that is important because when you find out you have the 5th or 6th skin cancer you need someone who is caring and friendly. He knows what he is doing.
in Pleasant Prairie, WI |
Would highly recommend:the doctor and staff were friendly and reassuring!
Racine, WI |
Caring, compassionate, and professional are words I'd use to describe Dr. Lynott. My test results from my biopsy were back in 2 days. His staff was curteous and his office was clean.
in Racine, WI |
Had a squamous cell carcinoma removed from my nose by the Mohs method two weeks ago. I can't believe how great it looks already. I will certainly recommend Dr. Lynott to anyone who needs a dermatologist. Thanks Dr. "L".
in Racine, WI |
My visit with Dr. James far exceeded my expectations, it was legendary. All 6' 2" was examined for skin issues.... Hoo ah and thanks... Back attcha in 6 mos. John Huston
in Zion, IL |
Had surgery done quick! Stitches are no fun on the ankle makes walking & stairs a challange. It is amazing how things are done.
Have you seen Dr. James Lynott, MD?

Visit Dr. Lynott

Dr. Lynott accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.