Dr. James Ludwick, MD

Practices Ear, Nose, and Throat

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3.5 after 56 reviews.
Author:
Up until last year, I couldn't breathe through my nose properly and was uncomfortable most of the time. Upon seeing Dr. Ludwick I underwent surgery a year ago to open up my airways and it was one of the best things I ever did for myself. The surgery was fast (I was out before lunch), painless, and affordable. The healing process was doable even for a wuss like me, and now I couldn't be more thankful that I saw Dr. Ludwick for this procedure. I can finally breathe properly, smell, blow my nose, and my sinus headaches have just about disappeared. I can't recommend this procedure more!
I really like him.
Author:
Dr. Ludwick was professional and friendly while explaining my treatment options. He is never pushed me into a specific treatment plan. He clearly explained the pros and cons and the anticipated costs.
Author:
My experience with Dr. Ludwick has been exceptional.He is competent , kind and patient. His staff shares the same qualities. In addition my visit was swift and Dr.Ludwick made me feel at ease. I left feeling healthy , happy and confident that I was recieving THE BEST quality care. I would definitely reccommend Dr.Ludwick to family and friends. T.Mack
Author:
I am a new patient with Dr. Ludwick, and my first office visit was a really good experience. Dr. Ludwick did an exceptional job of showing and telling me the details of my medical problem, explaining treatment options, and the risks and benefits of each.
Author:
Dr. Ludwick performed an ESS Septoplasty PRITs on me. My headaches are gone and my asthma has greatly improved. Dr. Ludwick explained the procedure very well and eased my fears. Dr. Ludwick is very kind and truly cares. My recovery went exactly as he told me it would...no surprises like some doctors. I highly recommend Dr. Ludwick! Debbie Krause - July 2018
Author:
Dr. Ludwick is friendly and very competent. He is great about explaining what is going on with the patient, i.e., explaining test results and conditions. I like his demeanor and he is very caring. His staff is very friendly and professional as well. I recommend Dr. Ludwick highly.
Author:
He is excellent and answered all my questions.He explained in detail my problem
Author:
Dr. Ludwick solicits and creates reviews to try to hide the truth that he is a bad physician. I hope the truth comes out that he is horrible and does not treat patients well. I don't know how he is able to sleep at night with the way he treats patients. From the moment you meet him, he will only be interested in money - not helping you with your health problems. Please look elsewhere for your ENT needs - there are many physicians in the area who are good and competent. Do not be tricked.
Author:
He was fine! Didn't spend too much time with him. I just went for allergy treatment under the tongue..
Author:
Dr. Ludwick has really improved my life because he diagnosed my severe sleep apnea, started me on a CPAP machine and sees me about once a year to check my progress. Very thorough doctor
Author:
Excellent and knowledgeable sleep doctor!
Author:
I had serious lifelong sinus problems and several other medical conditions that complicated my treatment and made surgery more challenging. Doctor Ludwick did the surgery and called me the evening of the surgery to make sure I was not having any issues. I would also note that the surgery staff at West Houston Surgery Center see Dr. Ludwick all the time and many of them commented very positively to me on the professional demeanor and surgical skill of Dr. Ludwick when I was having my surgery.
Author:
Dr. Ludwick performed a Vidian Nerve Section for me in March and May of 2017. It has been a wonderful result. I had been suffering for a very long time with what I called a "faucet nose" that I couldn't turn off. I had tried everything. He told me about this procedure and since he did it, I have only had a runny nose when I have been outside for a long time or when I get too hot for too long. It has been a miraculous change for me. I feel so much better and am saving a lot of money on Puffs.
Author:
We had wonderful experience. He explained the procedure, all outcomes was same as doctor explained before the surgery. Doctor Ludwick has mastered his profession well.
Author:
Lack of knowledge. Incompetent. Unsafe. Rude.
Author:
I was so sad to see this doctor treat my mother in a condescending manner. He does not care about his patients. When she asked him to repeat the diagnosis, he was impatient and condescending and ask if she understands English. My mother left in tears. Do not do it. There are plenty of other doctors that would give you better care.
Author:
rude behavior. not competent in diagnosis, treatment, or surgical skills.
Author:
Bad patient care. Not only lacks empathy but also lacking in competence.
Author:
Poor bedside manner. One of the rudest physicians I have ever encountered. Needs to learn how to better communicate. Seems to cover up his lack of knowledge by being condescending and arrogant.
Author:
Terrible he was very rushed never NEVER coming back to him!
Author:
He is patient, explains everything with graphics on a flat screen, and thorough. He sensed my apprehension about doing the sinus balloon procedure under local anesthetic. He explained that he uses 3 different numbing agents: lidocaine spray, then a gel, and only when I couldn't feel a thing, injections. He only does this in-office procedure before lunch, or at the end of the day, so he has no other patients waiting for him. Best of all, it worked! I can breathe!
Author:
I felt comfortable with his confidence in my treatment.
Author:
rude and arrogant. not personable. bad temperament.