Dr. James Logan, MD

Dr. James Logan, MD

Rheumatology  |
Dr. James Logan, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Boone, NC. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years.

148 Highway 105 Ext Ste 104

Boone, NC 28607

Learn about Dr. Logan

See how frequently Dr. Logan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fibromyalgia
Autoimmune Diseases
Arthritis

Dr. Logan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Rheumatology

• Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chronic Pain
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fever
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Vasculitis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In Shreveport
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • University Of Arkansas
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University Of Arkansas
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Tufts New England Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Logan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Logan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Logan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Logan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Logan to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Logan's Performance
Boone, NC |
Highly recommend! Have nothing bad to say about Dr Logan and his nurse. They are wonderful! Called back in 1 week as requested for lab results and his nurse called me within a hour! Don't go anywhere else!!!
Boone, NC |
Dr Logan is amazing! He's caring and has a amazing compassionate heart! People get on here and leave terrible reviews because they don't get the meds they want or was told something they didn't want to hear! Get to know the MD before you leave bad reviews! He is amazing!!! His Nurse Kayla is wonderful!! People need to understand they need to take part in there healthcare!! Talk to the office that help you work through the issues not bash him on healthgrades!! Highly recommend Dr Logan!!
Boone, NC |
Very rude when you call in to talk to someone or they don't call back at all. Don't seem to care about their patients. I was standing in line while trying to check in while the receptionist was working with a patient for over 15 minutes. When I finally got up to the window she had the nerve to tell me I was late by 10 minutes and I told her "No I have been right here waiting in line to check in while she was trying to work with another patient." She never apologized.
in Newland, NC |
Was referred to Dr Logan after a positive RA test by my primary care Dr. After appointment where I had additional test one month ago I have yet to hear one word from him or his office. I called and asked if I needed to find another rheumatologist, the lady told me he was very busy seeing 20 patients a day and to do whatever I felt I needed to do. I am sure my insurance was billed promptly. Will not return. While he seemed knowledgeable and caring at the time of visit nothing since.
in Boone, NC |
I was referred to Dr. Logan when my rheumatologist moved out of town. I was experiencing a flare and he squeezed me in, even though he was going on vacation the next day. He was very compassionate and did all he could to help. I also feel like he listens to me and takes that into account in his treatment plan. He doesn't simply look at the lab tests. He respects the patient perspective.
in Boone, NC |
Great first appointment! Very happy with Dr. Logan and his staff......highly recommended.
in Mouth of Wilson, VA |
This is not about Dr. Logan, but his office. Tried many times to fax, always busy. Finally got my husband's information through. No word. After 3 weeks, called office. No answer. When there was an answer and a message was left, nobody returned call. After 5 weeks, called office and woman said she had never heard of my husband. If he ever gets to see Dr. Logan, I will leave another review.
We are sorry to hear about your experience with Appalachian Regional Internal Medicine Specialists. Thank you for sharing with us and we will certainly pass on your feedback, it is valuable to us as we try to make improvements.
in Boone, NC |
Dr. Logan is a poor listener and and shows no empathy. I've had my immune disease's for 15 years. I know (not imagine) the different stages that occur with my body with flare ups. When I have asked about these issues he has had the audacity to laugh, smirk and shake his head. I'm not looking for a doctor to hold my hand or hug me but I do expect to be treated with respect and dignity. My autoimmune disease's are real and hard to manage daily. I don't have time to travel off the mountain.
Gloria, we are sorry to hear about your experience with Dr. Logan. Thank you for sharing with us and we will certainly pass on your feedback.
in Vilas, NC |
Cannnot say anything specific about Dr Logan..AS WE COULD NEVER GET AN APPOINTMENT. Bizarre office staff encounters... I would not recommend EVEN CALLING this office unless you are ok with NO RETURN CALL BACKS WHEN PROMISED, strange person named AMBER answering phone in her sleep.
Have you seen Dr. James Logan, MD?

Visit Dr. Logan