Dr. James Liu, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 52

Ear, Nose, and Throat

Dr. James Liu, MD is an Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in The Woodlands, TX and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Baylor College Of Medicine in 1988. He is affiliated with medical facilities HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest and Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. James Liu, MD

Adult & Pediatric ENT & Allergy of The Woodlands

17450 St Lukes Way Ste 200 The Woodlands, TX 77384

Compare with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists

Compare Dr. Liu with our nearby Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe.

Make an appointment at HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe today at (936) 262-0726.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe.

Dr. Liu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Liu

3.9

Avoid Dr Liu and his practice like the plague!
Dr Liu came in and didn’t ask any questions but looked in my ear and said they needed to be cleaned. He was in there for all of 30 seconds. The assistant asked me a series of questions but when he asked me private questions about my children I said I would rather not disclose private information if it was not related to my health. I was very polite. He jumped up from his desk quite and exited the room. When he returned I asked him if we were good? He said, “sure no problems’. Then he exited the room again and came back in again and said, “we have decided that we are not going to treat you and are asking you to leave.” I was stunned. I asked to speak to the Doctor and he refused. He told me to leave and I said I would not leave until I had the courtesy of speaking to the Doctor. They threatened to call the police. I was not angry or rude to them at all. I saw Dr Liu and asked to speak to him but he ran away like a child. Very bizarre and weird outfit. Avoid like the plague!
Mark – Oct 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
The doctor only saw me for 2 min and didn't ask any questions. He quickly ran out of the office and left me with a bunch of pamphlets. I'd have the same experience researching online. None of the staff also didn't wear a mask. Avoid this place.
Jan 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE, TEAM and DOCTOR!!! Just go there, you will be so happy :) Great with kids, too!! History prior to my experience with Dr. Liu and his Team: On Monday I returned from living in Mexico the past 10 years and over the past 6 weeks, suffered two major nosebleeds, both anterior and posterior. I had two invasive operations in Mexico, nasal cauterization that were extremely uncomfortable, painful and slow to heal. After the 1st operation in Mexico, it began hemorrhaging again and I had to have a 2nd operation, also in Mexico. I returned to the USA the moment I was discharged and knew that I'd need to follow up with an ENT on Friday to have a "plug" removed.. This is how my path ultimately led to Dr. Liu's office, while a friend was across the street at an orthopedic appointment, I began calling around trying to see if I could see a doctor two days in the future, which is just about impossible. I noticed the great reviews and that this office was right across th
Tomsinparadise – Jun 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
I’m highly disappointed with this office, Adult & Pediatric Ent & Allergy, Hearing Aids & Audiology of The Woodlands. Although my initial visit went very well, things quickly turned sour after a few days when the receptionist (Stephanie) contacted me to say my surgery had to be cancelled since insurance (BCBSTX) would not cover one of the three procedures recommended by Dr. Liu, which was sinuplasty. She then proceeded to tell me that I had to pay 100% upfront which I inquired about as well. I asked to speak to Dr. Liu directly but never received a response which displays his stance on the situation. This is a poorly run business which I will never recommend.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Chris P. Hudson – Sep 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
I brought my son in to see why his throat was getting itchy when he ate some fruits. Well, after finding out that the nurse, not the doctor, was NOT an allergist and only had training from the doctor, I was skeptical. Turns out, she diagnosed my son with severe allergies requiring years of weekly allergy shots. She said he was allergic to every grass and tree we had on our property. I initially believed her, but decided to go to a board certified allergist. He diagnosed my son with nothing. He said your son does not need allergy shots at all. He recommended OTC benadryl! Four years have passed. My son is still doing fine. Rarely has an itchy throat. This place is a insurance money mill! They poked my son with hundreds of needles. Seemed legitimate. It was a pure scam!
Furious mom!! – Jun 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
Dr.Liu was so good with my son! He has an amazing staff!
William White – Mar 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
Was the worst visit in my very long medical history. He was dead set on me doing allergy testing and sinus things when I explained I have had them done many many times. I have a feeling of something lodged in my throat. Difficult to eat and breathe. He ordered a SINUS ct. nothing to do with my throat. Would not listen. Was in my room for less than 5 minutes and then walked out. I had to ask if he was done. They said yes. He barely looked at me. Never again
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Brenda – Oct 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
Dr Lui and his staff are professional and courteous. I would highly recommend.
Jun 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
The customer service/patient care I received from the staff at Dr. Liu's office was absolutely remarkable. Everyone that I encountered during my visit was super friendly and made sure that I was taken care of. They really do set the standard for what it means to provide outstanding patient care!
Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
I drove 45 min to this clinic for allergy testing because of the reviews and I think it was worth it. The medical assistants were very friendly. Everyone was willing to answer my questions and I felt genuinely cared about during my appointment. I never thought I was being rushed or ever got the impression that I was just another patient on a checklist, which is really what I look for in healthcare providers. I won't think twice to make another 45 minute drive here if needed.
Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
I WOULD NOT TRUST MY ENT AND SLEEP APNIA HEALTH TO ANYONE ELSE. CHILDREN, ADULTS & SENIORS ARE FORTUNATE TO HAVE HIM AS THEIR DOCTOR ????? HE HAS ASSEMBLED AN EXCELLENT STAFF ALL WELL TRAINED IN THEIR POSITIONS AND OBVIOUSLY HAPPY TO BE THERE ASSISTING HIM!!! I HAVE REFERRED HIM TO FAMILY & FRIENDS??
TRESSIE GREATHOUSE in MAGNOLIA, TX – Aug 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
I went to see Dr Liu last week for a sinus infection. He was very informative as to what causes sinus infections. His nurse Joseph also was very informative and caring and provided me information as to what is could be doing at home. I was seen quickly and taken care of efficiently. Recommended to anyone who has sinus issues.
Cecilia in Kingwood, TX – Aug 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
Dr Liu has done a previous surgery for my husband in the past, and recently just had a sinus surgery. Dr Liu is very personable and knowledgeable. The staff is very informative and caring of his personal well being. We would like to thank Joseph, Parth, Kellie, Madison for their explanation of the procedure and what to be expected. Highly recommended.
Elaine Raffetto in Houston, TX – Jun 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
So fortunate to have been recommended to Dr. Liu! He and his staff are wonderful and take the time to consult with patients - not rush in and out like some offices do.
The Woodlands, TX – Apr 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
Dr Liu and his staff are very friendly and professional. I had been dreading this surgery after reading some accounts of similar surgeries on the internet. However I found the recovery from surgery to be just like Dr Liu said (actually easier than he had told me). I took some tylenol number 3 the day of surgery and regular tylenol the second post op day and was off pain meds after that. I just had my seven day post op visit and I am already breathing better than I have for a long time.
Apr 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
Dr. Liu’s staff and nurses are extremely nice and helpful but I do not recommend this doctor. I have been to many, many doctors and have never met someone with such terrible bedside manners. He spoke down to me in a very rushed, rude, unprofessional fashion. Extremely disappointed.
Apr 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
Great office. The entire staff is friendly and I had a great experience with them. Dr. Liu was attentive and answered all of my questions about my nose/ear issues. I would definitely recommend him to my friends and family.
Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
My son recently had his tonsils and adenoids removed. A few days after surgery he has been able to breath and get quality sleep and not wake up tired. would definitely recommend Dr Liu for your ENT needs, his staff is caring and friendly!
Dec 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff. Dr. Liu & his staff truly care about their patients. I was finally diagnosed properly for my allergies after visiting 2 other doctors prior over 3 years, and have been receiving my weekly allergy shots there since my allergy testing. Highly recommended.
Houston, TX – Oct 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?
What a wonderful experience at entwoodlands with dr. Liu and his staff. We got the tongue tie released for my 9 yr old son. Dr. Liu and his staff are very courteous & respectful. Unlike most other doctors, Dr. Liu truly cares and works for the well being of his patients and not simply for financial return. There are very few doctors like dr. Liu who is very compassionate and understands the needs of his patients and only works for the best interest of his patients. Thank u so much you dr. Liu!
Anjum in Sugar land, TX – Sep 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Liu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Liu?