Dr. James Link, MD

Dr. Link
Telehealth services available

Pacific Central Coast Health Centers

715 Tank Farm Rd San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Dr. James Link, MD is a Hematology & Oncology Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA. Dr. Link has more experience with Pancreatic Neoplasms than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as French Hospital Medical Center and Marian Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Link to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Hematology & Oncology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Link is affiliated with French Hospital Medical Center San Luis Obispo, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for California

Frequently Treated by Dr. Link

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Link treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Link treats other conditions, please contact the office at (805) 543-5577.

Pancreatic Neoplasms

Pancreatic oncology focuses on the management and treatment of pancreatic cancer through chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, and targeted cancer therapy.Compare with other Pancreatic Neoplasms specialists.

Treatments

• Chemotherapy
  • Cholangiocarcinoma
  • Chordoma
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colon Disorders
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Ductal Carcinoma in Situ
  • Hemophilia
  • Hepatocellular Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Immunotherapy
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma Evaluation
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Pleura Cancer
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency
  • von Willebrand Disease
  • Vulvar Cancer

Dr. Link accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Link has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(805) 543-5577Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Link's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Link

Dr. Link?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (13)
  • Explained conditions well (13)
  • Listened & answered questions (13)
    Yes, I have been a patient of Dr. Link for 3 plus years. I have neuroendocrine tumors (carcinoid) cancer for approximately 20 years. Dr. Link has been a "GOD Sent " for me. He recommended new treatments for me in the last two years which has given me a major improvement in my quality of life. Dr. link is both a outstanding doctor and person. His approach is calm and reassuring. I look forward to my appointment with Dr. Link and would recommend him to family and friends.
    Jerome Schwoerer – Feb 21, 2021
    Jerome, thank you for your feedback as we love to...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    Can’t say enough good things. I am convinced the Lord lead me straight to Dr Link. When you are in need of the kind of care that SLO Oncology provides you want an expert. One who is highly trained & educated in this area of medicine. Dr Link exhibited this expertise through out. Thank you SLO Oncology & especially Dr Link.
    G. – Jan 29, 2021
    Thank you for your feedback as we love to hear...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    Dr Link is friendly, compassionate, he strives to do whatever he can to help the patient recover, heal and regain quality of life. He is always just a phone call away if you need him. I and my wife are so thankful that he is my doctor.
    Robert J Gates – Nov 10, 2020
    Robert, thank you for your feedback as we love to...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    Due to my ongoing medical conditions, I have "visited" Dr. Link dozens of times in the last year (2019-2020), both in his office and as a patient in the hospital. His commitment to his patients is almost superhuman. With a complicated blood history, in several instances I was on the verge of death and Dr. Link worked to all hours of the day and night and consulted with other doctors to come up with a plan to save my life. And more than once! Today, I am healthy and happy and completely healed, thanks in large part to Dr. Link.
    Tim Waag – Jul 15, 2020
    Tim, thank you for your feedback as we love to...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    Dr. Link, in my opinion, is the BEST physician I've seen in my entire life; and, I mean not just my own physicians, but with respect to loved ones' physicians as well. Dr. Link possesses a broad professional experience in his field which is clearly evident when he addresses treatments, staging, concerns, challenges, etc. He is an exceptional and patient listener who welcomes questions. This man is a committed, STRONG fighter for his patients' lives, and for their quality of life during and after treatment. This man never strayed from what he believed was the best treatment for me, even when I encountered multiple complications. Dr Link's and his team's concern and compassion is exceptional. People asked me why I never thought to go to Stanford or UCLA for treatment or a second opinion. My response was that I already had the best care possible. I still feel that way.
    Devon Shearer – Jun 29, 2020
    Devon, thank you for your feedback as we love to...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    I went to Dr. James Link after I had been told that a cancer in my body had metastasized into my right eye, which saw only a brown blob. Dr. Link would be our Point Man, he said, and arrange necessary tests and appointments. The buck would stop with him. We are old, but he required us to learn to text with our iPhone because he wanted to be able to reach us. So we learned to text! True to his word, he texted to inform us of developments and he replied promptly to our messages. He is a thorough man. When the PET scan confirmed a torso lighted up with cancer, Dr. Link sent me directly to the blood draw with more lab orders. He wanted to rule out other possible causes. As soon as as the labs returned, he telephoned to say I have Valley Fever. After a lung biopsy, he greeted us with "I have nothing but good news for you today." With Fluconazole my eye is steadily improving. If you have cancer and need a Point Man who will watch you over the long haul, I direct you to Dr. Link.
    Hershel Parker – May 05, 2020
    Hershel, thank you for your feedback as we love...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    From the first time we met with Dr. Link, we were impressed with his straightforward manner, his willingness to answer any and all of our questions, and his thorough evaluations and explanations of procedures and treatment plans.
    Dennis Reinhart – Apr 30, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    I have been a patient in Dr. Link's practice for many months. The practice chose Dr. Link to administer my follow-up care after returning from UCLA with 13 inches of stents and daily Lovenox injections. He guided me in ceasing my Primadone Rx.,which is not compatible with anti-clotting medications that UCLA has prescribed. He has instilled my complete confidence in him as a highly skilled, professional and compassionate physician. He has taken over exactly what my UCLA surgeons and myself were hoping for, in my lifetime care for my clothing disorder. His staff is also very pleasant. I'm extremely grateful and thankful that I have been able to add Dr. Link and his practice in the competent handling of my healthcare treatment and concerns.
    Kathleen H. – Feb 21, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    My visit with Dr. Link is through my mom. I find Dr. Link to be an outstanding oncology physician. He genuinely cares about his patients. He takes the time to understand not only how the treatment is working, being chemotherapy or immunotherapy, etc., but also how the patient is handling the treatment. He works closely with radiology to order various CT scans in a timely manner to verify the efficacy of the therapy. Also when radiation therapy is needed, the treatment plan is made as a team effort with the oncology radiologist. I would highly recommend Dr. Link for your cancer oncologist physician. He has been a wonderful oncologist doctor for my mom’s cancer treatments and care.
    Debbie Kunkle-Miller – Feb 07, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    I would recommend Dr.Link to anyone needing cancer treatments. He is very knowledgeable, personable, understanding and thorough. I have my full trust in him concerning my personal experience with cancer.
    Joyel Kunkle – Feb 05, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    Having had cancer twice myself, I've interacted with many doctors over the years. And Dr. Link stands out among them all: he TRULY listens and takes the time to address all the concerns that my husband (the patient) had, as well as my own concerns as the spouse/support person. Dr. Link is current with new developments in how to treat my husband's blood disease, CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) and, without overpowering our choices, gently guided us towards what he believed would be the best treatment plan. My husband was pretty ill when we first worked with Dr Link, and Dr. Link showed amazing patience explaining and re-explaining parts that were confusing. We really got the feeling his was seeing us as complex "individuals"and not simply the "diagnosed disease". After six months of the recommended treatment, my husband is presently in remission, and is enjoying a greater quality of life.
    Abhaya Kathleen – Nov 09, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    As a nurse I accompanied my friend at her appointments with Dr. Link. I found him kind, compassionate and very willing to cover information and answer questions. He is very patient and available to his patients.
    Barbara Pruitt RN – Oct 11, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    Dr. Link without a doubt is extremely versed in his field of hematology/oncology. He hears every single word I say as a patient. He addresses every single concern I may have, including anything associated. He takes his time and articulates clearly and precisely in an easy to understand format. He also welcomes all of my questions. He follows through and remembers everything. Dr. Link is empathetic and respectful. Each and every person working here treats my husband and I with such respect and dignity. I highly recommend Dr. Link and his entire team of associates of SLO Oncology.
    Roberta W – Aug 09, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    When I met Dr. Link I was diagnosed with a rare brain cancer and received a 5 year prognosis. He was very calm and honest. I didn’t know how to respond to his demeanor because I didn’t want to believe it. The truth was things didn't look good. He never sugar coated what I was going to have to go through. He always kept it very professional, even if that meant having to tell me things I didn’t want to hear. I had spent weeks in the hospital receiving my treatment and he was there with me EVERY single day. He gave me hope and never got upset when I would constantly call his office worried. He is the smartest and most compassionate doctor I have ever had. I am so grateful to have him for my care. He called me the day before Christmas, when he was on vacation with his family, to share the excitement, that I was in remission. I don’t think I’ve cried so many happy tears in my life! Thanks to his knowledge and expertise I am 5 months in remission! I couldn't have done it without him!
    Bonnie Roe in Atascadero , CA – May 07, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?
    Dr. Link is caring and compassionate and gave us hope from the beginning even though the diagnosis was stage 4 lung cancer. He is up to date on the latest medications and treatments, is very personable and easy to talk to. He takes time to explain the procedures and answer questions. It has been a long 7 months but the cancers are in remission and I am resuming normal activity again. I highly recommend him to anyone who has needs an oncologist.
    Frank Azevedo in Los Osos, CA – Apr 05, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Link, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Link?

• Hematology & Oncology