Dr. James Leipzig, MD

Dr. James Leipzig, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |

Dr. James Leipzig, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Salem, VA. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Leipzig is affiliated with Lewisgale Medical Center and LewisGale Hospital - Montgomery.

LewisGale Physicians Spine Center

1940 Braeburn Cir

Salem, VA 24153

• Anthem

Learn about Dr. Leipzig

It is the responsibility of the physician to spend time with their patients and discuss all aspects of their medical or surgical care, as well as involving their families. This leads to better decisions and better outcomes.

Video

Dr. Leipzig's Experience

Dr. Leipzig's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Cervical Herniated Disc
  • Cervical Spine Disorders
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Spondylosis
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Plating and Fusion
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Microsurgical Procedure
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Edinburgh University
  • University Of California Los Angeles
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Hospital for Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Leipzig has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Leipzig does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leipzig and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Lewisgale Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Leipzig is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Leipzig's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leipzig to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Leipzig's Performance
in Troutville, VA |
Had a very good experience with Dr Leipzig. He was very attentive and informative. I felt like he took the time to hear my concerns and answer my questions without making me feel that he was rushed. I would highly recommend this practice based on my personal experience.
in Roanoke, VA |
Dr Leipzig and his staff did a great job getting me up to speed on what all my options were in regard to my back pain. Everyone I spoke with listened well to what I was dealing with. He gave me possible options as to treatment but let decision with me. It was nice to not just be told do this or that. Thank you Dr. Leipzig and staff. I was very relieved and hopeful when I left your office.
in Blacksburg, VA |
Excellent experience, I believe Dr. Leipzig is as concerned about my condition as I am. Appointments are timely. I would highly recommend Dr. Leipzig to others. Douglas W. Shaver
in Blue Ridge |
Very personable...gave thorough explanation of MRI and x-ray..Staff very helpful during recovery from surgery They all make you feel like you're their only patient.
in Roanoke, VA |
Dr. Leipzig has treated my back issues for approximately ten years. I'e had a work related injury that required back surgery in 2006.. When I had a serious cyst development in 2013 Dr. Leipzig performed a most difficult operation to remove the problem and helped me recover quickly. I referred my son to Dr. Leipzig for a serious cervicle spine problem, which also required serious back surgery. Dr. Leipzig is, in my opinion, the best spine surgeon in Virginia and possibly the country.
in Floyd, VA |
This doctor is a great professional, I recommend this doctor to all . He is the ONLY choice in this area I trust with my body ONLY ONE
in Roanoke, VA |
I recently went to see Dr. Leipzig for a second opinion. In the office I waited over 30 minutes past my appointment to be called back. I waited another 30 minutes for a nurse to talk to me and get an xray. I waited another 20 minutes for another nurse to tell me they would need another test (EMG) The earliest date for the test was over a month away. so I cancelled and went back to my original doctor. The bill for not seeing the doctor was 3 times what Carillion charged for seeing a doctor.
Salem, VA |
We were referred to Dr Leipzig for my husband who had a ruptured disc on his L4. This injury has affected his walk where he limps and his foot drops. Without seeing or talking to us he wanted to put him off on a pain management doctor. This is a injury that has caused him to be unable to work and possibly not be able to go back to work and Dr Leipzig couldn't even take time to talk to us. Needless to say we will be getting a second opinion. Before making any decisions you should talk to the pt
in Roanoke, VA |
Best bedside manner from a doctor! He came into the exam room, smiled and introduced himself. When he asked you a question or when you where speaking to him he always made eye contact. He took his time with me, explained everything in a clear way that I could understand and he never made me feel rushed. He had to order an MRI for me and made sure he saw me just a day or two after it to go over results.
in Roanoke, VA |
Can't say enough good things about Dr. Leipzig. Very through in his assessment of my problem and took the appropriate action (surgery) to correct the pain. We are very fortunate to have this professional here in the Roanoke Valley.
in Roanoke, VA |
My appointment was just to see his assistant. To my surprise Dr. Leipzig came in and examined me and gave me several recommendations. I am definitely returning to him for any further problems I may have and recommend him.
in Roanoke, VA |
Dr. Leipzig has operated on my neck four times. He takes his time and discusses his findings and what can be done. He is an excellent surgeon.
in Blacksburg |
Dr. Leipzig and his team are very professional and knowledgeable. He is an excellent surgeon and fixed my problem and I've had no issues since.
in Roanoke, VA |
I would not let anyone else but Dr.Leipzig operate on my back due to his knowledge and his careful study on how he decided to repair mine.He checked on me the day after surgery in person at the hospital! Excellent bedside manners!
in Roanoke, VA |
Dr. Leipzig was wonderful! He listened to my mile long list of questions mad then makes sure you understand everything and explains things very well. His entire staff is knowledgable and courteous.
in Charlottesville, VA |
He is the best surgeon Ive ever known. Every other surgeon wanted to tear my back apart. He went form the front to do a lamenectomy in the L4 area and was hiking in the woods three days later for 3 miles.
in Salem, VA |
Dr. Leipzig is very pro-patient. If it weren't for Dr. Leipzig and his staff I wouldn't be were I am today. Dr. Leipzig and his staff fought workman's comp in order to get me the treatment that I needed. I highly recommend Dr. Leipzig. Dr. Leipzig and his staff go above and beyond to make sure their patients are taken care of. They are truly a blessing from God. Dr. Leipzig and his staff are a huge asset to Lewis Gale.
Have you seen Dr. James Leipzig, MD?
Are you Dr. Leipzig?