Dr. James M. Lawhon, DMD

Dr. James M. Lawhon, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

J Mark Lawhon DMD PA 611 W Palmetto St, Florence, SC 29501 Get Directions

Learn about this Dentist

We care at my office and we think that you should not have to hear from individuals who will not show their face or give their names when rating us on this website. My personal challenge is to anyone who says they have a problem with my office give me your name, your address, your telephone number and when you visited my office. If you give me all that information and give me consent to discuss your specific problems on this website it will really show that at my office we care for our patientRead more

Dr. Lawhon's Experience

Visiting Dr. Lawhon

Dr. Lawhon accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Lawhon has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Lawhon's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lawhon to family and friends
3.5
Experience with Dr. Lawhon
Dr. Lawhon's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (24)
in Florence, SC |
It's not easy for me to go to the dentist. I am scared to death. Dr. Lawhon calm my nerves almost as soon as he walked into the room. He had me and my husband laughing to where I forgot about being scared. He explained everything and made me feel comfortable with getting my tooth cut out. When I walked into his office I saw all these people there. We'll I found out why all those folks were waiting to see him....it was worth it. Thanks to him for being down to earth and doing a good job.
in florence |
I have blue Cross Blue Shield and after calling every oral surgeon from florence to myrtle beach he is the only one in my network. My daughter was scared to death. Dr. Lawhon explained everything to her and made a few jokes and made her feel so relaxed so she loved the guy. When I spoke with the insurance clerk I had no idea how complicated oral surgery insurance is that's why no one is in network. But stephanie did a great job in telling me what to expect. Surgery went great. Thanks again.
in Turbeville |
If I could give this office Zero stars I would because they do not deserve one. I went to my dentist with a toothache from a tooth I broke off only to find out it was a wisdom tooth and he could not pull it. My dentist had to refer me to an oral surgeon. They told me to pick between Dr. Lawhon and Palmetto Oral Surgeons (Dr. Oliver) Knowing nothing about either I chose Dr. Lawhon, big mistake. I went in for a consult $114 for xray & visit. Their wasn't much consulting, just xray and told me I ha
in Scranton, SC |
Dr. Lawhon was rude and very condescending. Even with my face being extremely swollen he showed zero compassion. He gave me antibiotics only. Said he was surprised I hadn't had problems previously with the poor condition of my teeth. When nurses asked about pain meds he said she probably got some from the dentist that referred her and I'm not writing her another one. I left the office in extreme pain and feeling completely horrible. I wouldn't want him to make anyone else feel this bad!!
The Doctor was great the people doing the insurance claims do not know what they are doing. If you expect to get money back go to a different office.
Florence |
I did not make it out of the waiting room until more than 90 minutes past my appointment time. They insisted on redoing my x rays even though I had xrays with me that were less than two weeks old. They had me pay more than $200 out of pocket even though my insurance paid them in full. It took more than 6 weeks to obtain a refund and that was only because I disputed it with my bank.
Have you seen Dr. James M. Lawhon, DMD?
Are you Dr. Lawhon?

Compare Dr. Lawhon

Compare this Dentist

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Restoration of Dental Implants
  • Teeth Extraction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Medical University Of South Carolina
    Bethesda Naval Hospital
    Hospital College Of Medicine
    R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
    Sinia Hospital, Division Of The Johns Hopkins University
    University Of Maryland Medical Systems

Dr. Lawhon has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lawhon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lawhon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lawhon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Lawhon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Lawhon

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Lawhon's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Lawhon

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Lawhon's Care Philosophy