Dermatology  |
Dr. James Landero, DO
Dr. James Landero, DO is a dermatology doctor who practices in Abilene, TX. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Landero is affiliated with Hendrick Medical Center.

Premier Dermatology

1525 Hickory St

Abilene, TX 79601

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • First Choice Health
  • PHCS

Learn about Dr. Landero

"If you treat every patient as if they are family, you are bound to get the best results"

Dr. Landero's Experience

Dr. Landero's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Hidradenitis
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Wellington Regional Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Wellington Regl Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Landero has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Italian
  • Mandarin

Dr. Landero does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Landero and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Landero's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Landero to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Landero's Performance
Abilene, TX |
Did not care for anything in this office, waited over 3 hours for an appointment and was then told I shouldn't have been scheduled for that day... Filed insurance and was paid and then tell me a year later that the insurance took the payment back and I owed 200.00 more dollars, insurance company did 2 in depth tracks on the payment and it was never rescinded, they just want more money...
Abilene, TX |
Not at all. Failed to adhere to basic standard of care and recommended a naturopath. Said fibromyalgia was chronic lyme disease. Did not take a history and even though was going to do bloodwork and prescribe medication, decided not to and that naturopath would test for more. Also pushed $70 worth of products on me that I felt pressured to buy because I thought he would continue as my dermatologist. Office has not returned calls.
Merkel, TX |
I have used Dr. Landero for over a year. I have no issues with him as a doctor. I had FirstCare insurance for the first year and there were billing issues. He uses a non network lab amd I was told to pay the lab fees because FirstCare would deny the claim. There was a mistake in a claim they turned in and so they billed me for the call rather then correct their mistake and be paid by FirstCare. They appear to have a high turnover in staff. Staff is rude when you question any charges?
Abilene, TX |
Had two appts in this office. Only saw the Nurse Practitioner, I believe her name is Kim. She was initially very friendly but when I requested a different kind of therapy she became rude and suggested I find a different doctor. If you are like me and want to be involved in your healthcare decisions, I do not recommend this office. I took her advise and found a new physician.
Abilene, TX |
Was seen by a nurse practitioner (front office failed to tell me when I was scheduling it) &paid over $150 (with insurance) to not see the specialist. The NP was constantly on her phone messaging back and forth with the derm. He only works two days a week, so if you're scheduling, be sure to ask if he is in. Overall, really unprofessional environment with no real structure. They had to call me back as I was checking out to completely change my treatment plan. Will not be returning.
excellent
Friendly and fast
in Abilene, TX |
Very personable. Easy to talk to and explains things well!
Excellent!
in Abilene, TX |
Great staff and friendly doctor
in Abilene, TX |
Dr. Landero took the time to sit down and hear the story of my problem. He then discussed the options and possible treatments. He gave me the ability to help make the decisions as to the type of treatment I preferred with his suggestions. He was not in a rush at all and was very professional. His staff was great as well.
Abilene, TX |
Rips his patients off as far as insurance purposes. Isn't genuine at all not to mention is very unprofessional towards his staff. Doesn't follow legal guidelines within his business. Talks badly about other Doctors in the area. I would never recommend my family or friends to work or be seen by him. Triple books his patients within 5 minutes so you'll never be seen on time. Spends only minutes in the room with you then charges you $100's of dollars. Never will I go back.
in Abilene, TX |
Horrible doctor!!! Left me with larger scars when I was trying to tret my keloid scars a while back. Scheduling is useless, because the doctor is always performing "surgeries" and the staff is too lazy to ask him any question for you they claim they will contact you later, but they get furious when you call them back for updates a few days later. All around this place is a mess!!!
Abilene, TX |
great experience all around!
Abilene, TX |
Great at what he does.....Knowledge and Kindness
in Moran, TX |
Great!
in Abilene, TX |
Horrible! Waste of my time and money! He didn't even treat what i came in there for! very unsatisfied!
in abilene tx |
I understand that it is important that a Dr gets paid for his services, but Dr. Landero left me with the feeling that money matters more to him than my well being does. He refused to file a claim for me so I could get paid by my cancer insurance because I owed him a little money. He also lied in the forms he gave me to send in, saying he had examined my entire body, which he had not. I will be finding a different dermatologist.
in Abilene, Texas |
Dr. Landero caught a skin cancer carcinoma on my husband that another dermotologist had missed. He does a thorough check up each time. We have recommended him to many of our friends and family. They have all been very pleased.
in Abilene, TX |
I like his manner, He takes time and answers all questions and treatment options.
in Abilene, TX |
Great care, diligent, caring. Dr. Landero is a wonderful listener, has a great bedside manner and he explains everything in detail. I have a super high trust in his decisions!
in Abilene, Tx |
Excellent service, great doctor that doesn't rush!
The doctor is not caring patient and it will take more than few days to get prescription and get a medicine. The hospitality is horrible. If you want to have a doctor who is caring, trust and dependable doctor, I highly recommend to not go to see him.
Abilene, TX |
He is by far the best doctor in all of abilene. He knows his stuff and is very good at what he does. I have complete trust in him. This is still a very new business here so its obvious they are still trying to hammer out a few things like staffing which can cause some issues every now and then, but overall i think its well worth it. soon as they get themselves settled things will work themselves out. Its not something he really has any control over so i can only hold him accountable for his part
in Abilene, TX |
Horrible manners and seemed like he's very judgmental. WILL NOT RECOMMEND! The only thing GOOD about this practice is the nice people that he's hired to cover for his incompetence!
in Merkel, TX |
I had a skin cancer, basal cell, on my forehead. I had to have Moh's surgery in September 2015. Dr. Landero removed it all, gave me stitches and sent me home. My scar healed to the point where you do not see a thing! It is amazing he is a true professional! His final work showed his concern for me as a patient. He took care of the health issue as well as the cosmetic issue.
Have you seen Dr. James Landero, DO?
Are you Dr. Landero?