Dr. James Kwiatt, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Lake Country Endoscopy 1185 Corporate Center Dr Ste 125 Oconomowoc, WI 53066 Get Directions
Dr. James Kwiatt, MD
Growing up in the Midwest, I love practicing medicine in Wisconsin. It is a wonderful place to work, I enjoy the people, and I am grateful to be raising my family here. Being part of an independent G.I. practice gives me the opportunity to work in many outstanding hospital systems. I am able to access the best resources each has to offer for my patients. Patients are the number one priority in our practice. Outside of Medicine, I enjoy long-distance running, spending time with my wife and children, and volunteering at my church.

Dr. Kwiatt's Care Philosophy

I believe in the importance of partnering with patients to help them understand their digestive health issues and integrate them into the context of their everyday lives. I believe in the importance of helping patients understand normal digestion as well as their specific digestive disease. Spending time to talk with patients and develop a plan is critical to providing excellent GI care.

Dr. Kwiatt's Experience

See how Dr. Kwiatt's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kwiatt

Dr. Kwiatt accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Kwiatt is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Kwiatt has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kwiatt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kwiatt to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Kwiatt's Performance
in Oconomowoc , WI |
Dr. Kwiatt and staff provided me with optimal care throughout the colonoscopy procedure. The prepping, step- by- step explanation leading up to procedure was very easy to follow. The facility is very clean, and staff are so pleasant, welcoming and informative. Dr. Kwiatt is very attentive and knowledgeable in his field.
in East Troy, Wi |
I absolutely love this man!! He and his colleagues found that I had celiac disease even though seven years prior I went in for the test , but nobody ever contacted me and diagnosed me ( not his office but a different GI practice) this man and his colleagues were the the ones that found it I can't thank him enough. Not to mention his WONDERFUL personality! I wish he was my family Dr!
in Milwaukee, WI |
Grate professional. I am going to his office in-spite it far away from my house because I trust him absolutely.
in Waukesha, WI |
What an awesome doctor! Very detailed in explaining the procedure for a colonoscopy as well as showing pictures of the results.... I would absolutely recommend Dr. Kwiatt to anyone needing this type of procedure.
in Waukesha, WI |
Dr. Kwiatt, and his team, were nothing short of incredible. I cannot fathom a better experience and/or a more caring/authoritative physician. I have recommended Dr. Kwiatt to family, friends, and colleagues, without ANY reservation.
Very thorough in researching and diagnosing. Takes time with his patients. Explains things at the level a patient can understand. Very kind and relatable.
in Waukesha, WI |
Compassionate doctor that listens to my needs and assess full history. Willingto help try new meds when others were not working.
Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Kwiatt is a wonderful doctor, he spends time listening to my GI problems & I am confident in his medical decision making. He has done a great job treating my GI issues. I have, and will continue to recommend him to my friends and family.
in Franklin WI |
Dr Kwiatt is an excellent MD. Very professional, kind and does not rush your appointment. He is very good at explaining why something is happening and what needs to be done to fix or treat it. I would highly recommend Dr Kwiatt to family and friends, I actually already have. The office staff was also very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. GI issues are not always easy to discuss and no one there makes you feel uncomfortable. Any one who needs GI care should call his office.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I was very nervous about seeing a Doctor for my problems. I had been in pain for many months and I met Dr. Kwiatt and decided that he would be the doctor that I would seek care with. I had a very bad experience with another Doctor and that is why I was leary. Dr. Kwiatt spent a lot of time with me. His bedside manner was fantastic. He even called me personally to discuss the results. Since then, I have referred my mother and other family members to him. They are all satisfied with his care.
Have you seen Dr. James Kwiatt, MD?
Are you Dr. Kwiatt?

Compare Dr. Kwiatt

Dr. Kwiatt says...

Growing up in the Midwest, I love practicing medicine in Wisconsin.  It is a wonderful place to work, I enjoy the people, and I am grateful to be raising my family here.

Being part of an independent G.I. practice gives me the opportunity to work in many outstanding hospital systems.   I am able to access the best resources each has to offer for my patients.  Patients are the number one priority in our practice.

Outside of Medicine,  I enjoy long-distance running, spending time with my wife and children, and volunteering at my church.

Dr. Kwiatt's Care Philosophy

I believe in the importance of partnering with patients to help them understand their digestive health issues and integrate them into the context of their everyday lives. I believe in the importance of helping patients understand normal digestion as well as their specific digestive disease.  Spending time to talk with patients and develop a plan is critical to providing excellent GI care.

Dr. Kwiatt says...

In addition to my general GI and endoscopy practice, I have an expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease and gluten related disorders   I have published in medical journals such as Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the International Journal of Celiac Disease, as well as the Wall Street Journal on the topic.

I perform:

Colonoscopy:  colon cancer screening, investigations of lower digestive issues such as bleeding, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.

Upper endoscopy:  Diagnosis and management of upper digestive disorders such as acid reflux, peptic ulcer disease, and celiac disease.

I am also credentialed in two specialized procedures: ERCP and Endoscopic ultrasound for the diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic and biliary disorders.

Dr. Kwiatt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available

Dr. Kwiatt has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kwiatt's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Graduated in 2000

• Other Education
    Chief Resident, Medical College of Wisconsin

Completed in 2008

Dr. Kwiatt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kwiatt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Biliary Drainage
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures