Dr. James Kerner, MD

Dr. James Kerner, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. James Kerner, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Las Cruces, NM. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

4351 E Lohman Ave Ste 208

Las Cruces, NM 88011

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
  • Presbyterian Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Kerner

See how frequently Dr. Kerner performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin Infections
Acne
Fungal Nail Infection

Dr. Kerner's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Soft Tissue Tumor Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1996

Dr. Kerner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kerner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kerner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kerner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kerner to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Kerner's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Las Vegas, NV |
We made an appointment over 2 months in advance. When we arrived (a little early) the waiting room was so full we couldn’t find a chair. We were told the doc was running over an hour late. We cancelled our appointments. Its very rude to not respect his patients’ time.
in Las Cruces, NM |
I have been seeing Dr. Kerner for years and I think he's great. He is pleasant, answers questions and is very thorough. I recommend him highly.
New Mexico |
I waited over an hour past my scheduled appointment time. UNACCEPTABLE! Never got to see the Doctor! Don't know if the Doctor is incompetent or if his office / scheduling staff needs to be fired! There is lots of scheduling software available! At the least, if a Doctor is more than 15 minutes behind on scheduled appointments, patients should be told of the delay when they check in - and given the opportunity to reschedule. I will find a different Dermatologist!
in Las Cruces, NM |
I vist the office often. Always a long wait. The staff is not very friendly but the Dr. Is always friendly and very good, he helped me with skin issues and hair loss. I had lip injections fillers for the first time and I expected a lot more out of it. All I got was large bulges in the inner lip that were very uncomfortable I went back weeks later he said just massage it but it didn't work I was out of town and has to see another Dr who said they were filled improperly. No lip fullness for me :(
Las Cruces, NM |
Dr Kerner diagnosed and surgically removed a melanoma from my lower jaw. The medical service throughout the procedure and follow up was excellent.
in Las Cruces, NM |
Dr. Kerner is great, he is straight and to the point. I work for a primary care office and we refer all of our patients there. Patients are usually scheduled same month where other dermatologists in town are scheduling 3 to 4 months out. The wait time in office depends on what your being seen for as well as procedures he is doing. I have heard wait times being up to 3 hours. I personally would rather wait 3 hours than 3 months. He listens to his patients, very good bedside manner.
in Silver City, NM |
Dr. Kerner was personable, professional, responsive to my concerns, and inspired confidence in his ability to address my needs. His office staff were also very friendly and helpful. I'm happy I've found him as my dermatologist!
in Albuquerque, NM |
The cream he sold me was only 5 times more expensive than the surgery to remove the cancer he overlooked. I went to another doctor who noticed it in under 10 seconds. Shows how little he actually pays attention in the room.
in Alamogordo, NM |
always polite, knowledgeable, willing to sit and listen
in Las Cruces, NM |
I am not confident he adequately considers and applies appropriate treatment... for sun damage freezing was hurried and only 50% successful. In return visit imiquimod was prescribed without adequate warning of side effects and facial area is now covered with blisters. Am looking for antidote to return skin to healthy condition
in new Mexico |
The visit was great he helped me a lot where no one else could. Good Dr yes the waiting is a little long but I like the fact he listens to you and doesn't push you out the door like other Drs do
Wait was very long, and examination was quite short. The doctor appeared very rushed, and it seemed they had severely overbooked his time. He did not spend any significant amount of time asking about history of the issue.
Have you seen Dr. James Kerner, MD?
Are you Dr. Kerner?