Dr. James Kelly, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 54

Dr. James Kelly, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Garden City, NY and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Weill Cornell Medical medical school in 1993. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kelly to book an appointment.

Dr. Kelly

901 Stewart Ave Ste 255 Garden City, NY 11530

Dr. Kelly's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kelly

Dr. Kelly
I recently visited Kelly Vision for LASIK. I am now two weeks post-op and I am happy to say that this was the best investment I have ever made in myself. Prior to the surgery, Dr. Kelly and his team exhibited quality care and a deep knowledge of the LASIK process, consistently managing my expectations and what I could expect along the journey of my vision correction, all the way up to present day. Other than a fantastic surgical experience, I have look forward to more office visits with Dr. Kelly and his team for my check-ups because everyone there is so welcoming, friendly and accommodating. Five stars from me all around.
Alek – Aug 31, 2021
Hey everyone, Just wanted to share my most recent experience with Kelly Vision Center. I had Lasik surgery done last Tuesday and I must say it was the best choice I've made. I was nervous at first but walking into Dr Kelly's office was a great idea. Who would've ever thought after all these years of wearing glasses would come to an end. Not only did he do a great job but also gave me 20/15 Vision which is better than 20/20. Thank you so much Dr Kelly and his staff for the wonderful experience and being able to see clearly without my glasses. You guys are the best and I would recommend anyone to your office without a doubt
Tisha Hyde – Jul 21, 2021
Dr. Kelly was one of the names that popped up in the sea of Lasik providers in NY. I did 3 consultations, including Kelly's. Every other place felt like a Lasik mill. However, Jessebel and Dr. Kelly got me in ASAP and had me feel comfortable from the very beginning. It was really Jessebel's kindness and helpful attitude that made me ultimately choose Kelly over everyone else. She was not pushy, worked with me on their current special, timing of the surgery, and everything else. Their prices are better than everywhere else I've looked at too. Explore your options but I'm confident that Kelly will meet and exceed all of your expectations. They have the latest technology as well which only made the experience go from 100% to 110%. I liked them so much that I referred someone to them the week after my surgery and they just had their surgery too! Amazing place. I could never say enough to thank them.
Ray Pak – Jul 13, 2021
Friendly staff who made me feel comfortable, energetic and personable doctors, clean and sterile environment. Overall 10/10 clinical experience! As for side effects, I personally had very minimal side effects. It took about a day for the pain to resolve and 2 weeks for the grittiness to go away. My vision seemed unbalanced for 2 weeks as well but now I’m a happy 20/15 with both eyes open! I have minimal dryness currently but it also has been improving, so I’m sure my eyes will be fully normal in about one more month. Thank you Dr. Kelly and Kelly Vision staff!!
Jul 12, 2021
I got Lasik surgery about 3 months ago and I now have 20/15 vision! I've needed glasses or contacts since elementary school and its amazing to just wake up and see in the mornings. Everyone at Kelly Vision is extremely nice and professional. From my initial consultation I felt comfortable and taken care of. When Dr. Kelly discussed my options, he didn't automatically push me towards the most expensive option - we discussed the pros and cons of Lasik vs. SMILE and he really allowed me to decide without pressure. Other places I received consultations from felt like they were pushing for a sale - Dr. Kelly and his office really made me feel like they were there to support me and many of the staff have had Lasik and can speak to it first hand. I only wish I had gotten the surgery sooner!
Kathryn M. – Jul 09, 2021
Had very good experience at the Dr. Kelly eye vision correction center. Like individualized care.
Valeriya Bondyreva – Jul 07, 2021
Absolutely phenomenal service and care. I had a very strong prescription (-10.5) with a slight astigmatism and Dr Kelly was able to correct my vision to 20/20 with Lasik. The entire staff is caring and attentive. I highly recommend.
Kristin Rosato – Jun 25, 2021
Dr Kelly is a doctor's doctor. I am a physician myself and about as educated a customer as another doctor is likely to encounter. I am also still actively practicing anesthesia and need peak performance. After lots of research I saw Dr Kelly to remove my cataract and replace my diseased lens with an advanced premium lens using a special laser. He did that painlessly under strictly local anesthesia three days ago in a matter of minutes as an outpatient. I spent last night on call working in the hospital. And at my followup appointment today my vision has improved to 20:20 and I can read without glasses for the first time in 20 years. Outstanding. I could not be more pleased.
Michael Rhodes – Jun 22, 2021
Everyone was kind and made me feel comfortable when I was nervous. I'm glad I chose Kelly Vision!
Jazmine – Jun 22, 2021
After doing a lot of research on many different doctors, I decided that I would trust Dr. Kelly with my eyes and I couldn't be happier with my results. Not only was it an affordable price, but they also use contoura vision which is the latest technology which has greater precision. I would 100% recommend this place to everyone out there wanting to get LASIK because the staff IS SO NICE! Never have I seen such a kind and patient staff anywhere, especially Justin who is one of the technicians, he was literally the nicest of them all!! Please go to kelly vision center!!!
Jun 14, 2021
If anyone is considering getting lasik done I would just go for the RELEX SMILE procedure. It is 10000% worth it and you will get faster and better results, trust meee. I went from being Velma from scooby doo who needs glasses to find her glasses to 20/20 vision and seeing the street signs without squinting a block away! I was super anxious and i never had any other surgical or medical procedures done in the past. But Dr Kelly and his staff are so welcoming, friendly, and reassuring that it made the whole process easier. They don’t just specialize in lasik procedures, they are an actual ophthalmologist office so if you have any other eye concerns not related to lasiks they will help you as well. I went with Dr Kelly because of that reason. I had dry eyes prior to getting my relex smile and compared to the traditional lasik procedure it’s less invasive and is better for patients with dryer eyes. I’m so happy with the results
Jun 04, 2021
Ive been wearing glasses all of my life, and I finally took the leap and did a consultation at Dr. Kelly's office. I never looked back. They promised to get me to better than 20/20 vision, and here I am 1 month later writing a great review. Ive told everyone I know about my procedure, and their doctors office. Dr. Kelly, and his staff have changed my life. I can't believe that I won't need glasses anymore, but I am so proud that I got to experience a life- changing procedure. Their staff is always welcoming, and they are always willing to help you with your needs and concerns. Book a consultation with them, because you won't be disappointed. Words can't describe how happy I am with my results!! Thank you Thank you to Dr. Kelly, and his team! Post, op, I went in for an appointment, and they checked my vision, and said that I recovered very well. The same day of the surgery, I wasn't about to use any electronics, so I went straight to sleep. I could see the next morning without my glass
Naeemah hollis – May 13, 2021
Getting laser vision correction with Dr. Kelly is the best decision I ever made! From start to finish, Dr. Kelly and his staff were very accommodating, thorough and caring. I was terrified to have laser vision correction done and Dr. Kelly and his staff put me at ease. I am two months post-op and have 20/20 vision. My only regret is that I didn’t have the surgery done sooner.
Tara P – Apr 19, 2021
I found Dr. Kelly’s office in Manhattan amidst the start of the Covid 19 pandemic simply because I could not deal with the fog on my glasses from the mask and also it was a procedure I wanted to get done and it was just the right time. His prices were right for my eyes and his expertise just all synced together for me believing this was the perfect place to go. Now from my first meeting with Dr. Kelly to the procedure to now, Doc was great. Long story short, my eyes are great, his service is great and you won’t make a mistake. Go here for your eye surgery if you can!
Luis C. – Apr 17, 2021
My experience with Dr. Kelly, his staff, and services has been nothing but spectacular. I underwent PRK surgery in the end of October and the experience has been life changing. If you're looking for a reason to go get a consultation, let this review be the thing that motivates you.
Joseph Olszewski – Mar 30, 2021
I have been wanting laser eye surgery for many years, and I was always nervous about going through with the procedure. I was wearing contacts/ glasses for about 15 years and I knew it was time to get LASIK after a friend had her procedure done here as well and was raving about it. I am EXTREMELY happy that I came to Kelly Vision Center, it was the best choice I have made. The staff is so kind and welcoming, and Dr. Kelly is professional and very knowledgeable. They truly care about you and thoroughly exam your eyes. Dr. Kelly talked me through the procedure and it took approximately 10 minutes. My eyes bothered me for a couple of hours after the procedure, but I slept it off and woke up the next morning feeling great. The next day, I arrived for my follow-up appointment, and my vision was 20/15. The overall experience with Kelly Vision Center was delightful and I highly recommend them.
  • Long wait times
Sylvia Bober – Mar 02, 2021
Got my Lasik done this year and could not be happier. I went from wearing glasses and contacts since I was 9yo (I'm currently 34) and will not have to worry about those anymore for at least the next 25 years. Such a saving grace to be able to walk around freely, being able to see. The staff at KVC are super caring and empathetic. I was in great hands. Dr. Kelly himself is a great guy. This is life-changing and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is a candidate for Lasik.
Feb 17, 2021
I was recommended by a friend who had her surgery done here. The staff is extremely nice, professional, and make you feel super comfortable. Ive told a few people about this place who are also interested in getting Lasik. Anyone who is interested in doing so should book an appointment - its easy and easily one of the best offices I’ve dealt with, they are super accomodating as well. COVID guidelines are followed as well- everything is clean and i did not feel uncomfortable as far as the amount of people or cleanliness of the office.
Zuli – Feb 16, 2021
I have always wanted to get this surgery done. I have always been scared or don't know anyone that had it done to tell me their experience. My son father told me he did it and and loved it.. Right away I called and made a consultation... I was a bit nervous going there alone.. and also thinking about the price was overwhelming.. I arrived to the office the front desk personal greeted me and I felt so welcome and all my nervousness went away.. Once I got called to the back the love and compassion they have for their patients is AMAZING... I spoke with the lady got the price figured out payment she asked when I would like to get it done. I said ASAP. She was like u can do it today.. I was so excited... Finally the procedure the doctor was very informative if everything he was doing and before he did it I knew what to expect.. before I knew it I was seeing with no glasses... I was soo HAPPY with the staff and doctor I came to work bragging to my co workers to go to them and ge
Beatrice – Feb 12, 2021
I wish I could give more than 5 stars! The experience I had with my vision correction with Dr. Kelly far surpassed what I ever expected. From my initial consultation, my procedure, and then aftercare, I was met with the most caring, understanding and professional staff from the second I walked through the door. Less than a month later, my vision is better than 20/20! It took me years to finally have the courage to have Lasik, and I only wish I had met Dr. Kelly sooner. Thank you for changing my life and giving me the chance to see the world through my own eyes!
Feb 10, 2021

How was your experience with Dr. Kelly?

Since founding Kelly Vision Center in 1998, providing excellence in clinical and surgical care for my patients is my top priority. In support of that goal...Read more

James R. Kelly, MD received his undergraduate degree from Columbia University in New York City and his medical degree from Cornell University Medical College....Read more

• Ophthalmology