Dr. James Kelly, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 56

Ophthalmology

Dr. James Kelly, MD is an Ophthalmology Specialist in Garden City, NY and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Weill Cornell Medical in 1993. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. James Kelly, MD

901 Stewart Ave Ste 255 Garden City, NY 11530

Compare Dr. James Kelly, MD with other Ophthalmology Specialists near you

Dr. Kelly's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kelly

I have been wearing glasses for distance since I was 6 years old. I began wearing reading glasses at 40. For the last 20 years between reading glasses, contacts for distance and sunglasses I started to grow impatient with all of it. I developed cataracts in both eyes and decided to visit Kelly Vision Center. It was recommended that I have the MultiFocal lens replace the lenses that were removed. MY LIFE CHANGED. After wearing glasses all my life I now don't wear anything...distance or reading. It is shocking but so remarkable. I'm free, I'm young again with my sight and feel a tremendous amount of gratitude to Dr James Kelly. I absolutely recommend Dr Kelly to everyone. And he is so nice.
Vince Rocco – Jan 24, 2023
Highly Recommend!
Finally had the courage to go in for a consultation at Kelly Vision Center two months ago and have no regrets whatsoever. The entire staff was amazing and made me feel comfortable from the beginning. The consultation process was easy and the staff made sure to answer all questions I had. I knew after the consultation that I wanted to get vision correction at Kelly Vision Center. I was able to get an appointment for the procedure two days later. The procedure went by really quick and I didn’t feel anything at all which was my biggest fear going into it. Immediately after the procedure my vision was blurry but I was still able to see and get back to my dads car perfectly fine. The only discomfort that I had was when I was about 5 minutes away from home and my eyes started feeling tingly and was tearing a little bit but that only lasted for about a minute. Other than that, I was fine for the rest of the night with absolutely no discomfort. When I woke up the next morning my eyes felt norm
Kristy – Jan 12, 2023
Crystal clear
What can I say? Only positive notes, first off the technician was more than amazing and definitely knew her stuff. I went for a lasik consultation and ended up signing up that same day. Friendly atmosphere and quick service. Dr. Kelly is beyond amazing and is very honest which you don't find in many doctors who perform lasik surgeries. He informed me with so much honesty "you are a candidate to all lasik procedures whether it's PRK, lasik, or smile. You will have the same result with whichever you proceed the only difference is the price. So choose which ever is more convenient for you and we will have the best result." Once he told me that I was sold just because he was so honest and didn't want to sell me the most expensive procedure. I then spoke to the coordinator who informed me of all the details and of course I choose Smile and I'm glad I did. Recovery was fast but honestly I felt it was no recovery because as soon as I got home I fell asleep. Woke up and my vision was perfect!
Omar Reynoso – Jan 11, 2023
I can see!!!!
Dr. Kelly and his staff are amazing. I found his practice on social media and followed him for some years and watched the reviews of some ladies I knew before taking a leap of faith. I'm so happy that I did. Dr. Kelly was super patient and talked to me through the entire Lasik process even though it was fairly short but he definitely is like a coach that encourages you the whole way through. I felt so relaxed. Everyone at the office makes you feel like family. My vision...by next day I was seeing 20/15 and after 30 years of glasses I thought I could never
SC – Dec 22, 2022
Just do it!
Lasik was something I've been thinking about doing for 10 years and I just never felt like it was the right time. I had a friend speak highly of Dr. Kelly and the team over at Kelly Vision Center so I thought why not get a free consultation and hear them out. After I met with everyone I felt so comfortable they scheduled me for an appointment for a week later. They made it seem so easy and harmless which made my nerves none existent. Post surgery they say you will feel discomfort so they advice sleeping it off. I followed their instructions and I woke up 4 hours after my surgery with no pain and it was the first time I woke up and could see since I was 7 years old. If you're thinking about doing it, just do it. It's the greatest investment you could make on yourself. Thank you everyone, truly!
Jeff Perla – Dec 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Kelly, MD?
I found out about Kelly Vision Center from Instagram as I was looking for LASIK clinics. I went in for a consultation and I kid you not, they really impressed me with their amazing faculties, friendly environment and they make every patient feel comfortable and I consider them as family at this point. They explain everything very clearly and do not hesitate to ask more questions or repeat anything for clarification. The whole team is amazing and Dr. Kelly is a gem. I would give them a million stars if I can. I got Lasik surgery and I could see everything in high resolution the next day. I am glad to get 20/15 vision. I am glad they prioritize their patients and their well-being.
Nov 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Kelly, MD?
An excellent office to trust with your Eyes!
Dr. Kelly and his staff are excellent. From start to finish the office provides great education, friendly service and most importantly Dr. Kelly did an excellent job with my vision correction via the SMILE procedure. I would recommend his office if you are thinking about doing vision correction for yourself.
Frank M. – Nov 11, 2022
Highly recommend them
Everything was smooth with them, start to finish. Office staff and doctor all knowledgeable, patient, and helpful.
Eli Spirn – Nov 03, 2022
The best
every time I go the staff is so friendly. I’m typically in and out within 15 minutes. they use state of the art technology and make you feel really comfortable.
MATTHEW JAMES – Nov 03, 2022
Lasik was a breeze!
Made my lasik experience a breeze! Staff was also super kind.
Madeline – Oct 31, 2022
Best Experience Ever!!
The moment I stepped through the door of Dr. Kelly's office I knew I had made the right decision by going. His staff is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and patient. I had a million questions and was nervous but everyone answered my questions with ease. No one pushed or made me uncomfortable in any way when it came to getting LASIK. The day of my procedure, the DR & Staff reassured me it would be quick and there was nothing to worry about. I am on month 2 now of being able to see and I am incredibly grateful and happy with the results. The recovery process was a lot smoother than I expected and when I had questions AFTER all was said and done - they answered me almost right away. 100% recommend this office and DEFINITELY Dr. James Kelly! THANK YOU GUYS FOR EVERYTHING!!
nadia k! – Oct 19, 2022
LASIK
LASIK surgery is something I’ve been considering for years and I decided to finally go through with it after seeing Dr. Kelly’s office through an online search. It was easy to schedule the initial visit and the staff was very polite and answered all my questions. After the initial consultation I was told I was a perfect candidate for the procedure and scheduled the surgery. The surgery was painless took about 5 minutes and by the next day I was fully recovered and had 20/15 vision. Dr. Kelly is wonderful and very professional and genuinely cares about his patients. It’s about 3 months since the procedure and my vision is still strong with no major side effects. If your thinking about getting it done now is the time don’t wait.
Billy – Oct 11, 2022
Great experience
The entire staff at the office is amazing and it seems like everyone loves working there. Each employee is very friendly and genuinely wants you to have the best experience. Dr. Kelly is very nice and easy to talk to. He takes time to go over the procedure with you and answer any questions. Scheduling my Lasik appointment was also very easy. Each follow up appointment has been great and my vision is better than 20/20 :)
Oct 11, 2022
Amazing Experience
From getting my eye exams to my Lasik Dr.Kelly and his staff was amazing they me feel comfortable throughout the whole process! I definitely recommend Dr.Kelly office.
Oct 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Kelly, MD?
My visit at Dr.Kellys office was an amazing experience. I didn’t have to wait a long time to get seen. His staff and him self were very nice. They explained everything to me very briefly, made me feel safe with the producer and I never been happier with my new eye sight!
Oct 07, 2022
Amazing experience
Great Doctors and knowledgeable Technicians. Happy atmosphere and welcoming. I have amazing experience during my surgery and after.I recommend Dr Kelly to my family members and friends and all of them happy with the results.
Barbara G – Oct 07, 2022
The best Eye doctor
My experience to the office was super exciting. I was a bit nervous and the staff was super warm, made me feel at home. Tech’s very professional and the do very detailed. Thank you Kelly vision team.
Zeidy medina – Oct 05, 2022
Life changing
I had a very strong prescription and my cornea was too thin in order to do lasik. After years of going to multiple doctors trying to see if there was anything I can do to no longer wear contacts/glasses, we were finally referred to Dr. Kelly. I have never heard of Visian ICL before, and it changed my life. The process to schedule the surgery was extremely easy, and the surgery/recovery itself was very fast. I cannot thank Dr. Kelly and his team enough, I never thought I would be able to have 20/15 vision without glasses/contacts, and they made this dream come true. They are THE BEST.
Addie S – Oct 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Kelly, MD?
Best Lasik Doctor in Manhattan!
Dr. Kelly and his staff are super friendly! I came to Kelly Vision Center for Lasik Surgery. I had a great experience from the consultation to the actual recovery from surgery. Dr. Kelly and his surgical staff made sure I felt comfortable during the surgery, which was pretty painless. I would only go with with Dr, Kelly and his team for any other optical needs in the future. I can see 20/15 now! Before I was -6.00 in both eyes so I was practically blind. I had been wanting to get lasik done for a while and was referred to Dr. Kelly from my old optometrist. I did my own research of other ophthalmologists in Manhattan, but Dr. Kelly was the only one I trusted. It's amazing to be able to finally see clearly when I wake up, so thank you Dr. Kelly for making that happen!
Anisha – Sep 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Kelly, MD?
Great experience & happy with results
I had Lasik a little over a week ago. Something I wanted to gift myself for many years now. The team at Kelly Vision from day 1 were very helpful, reassuring and they always had a quick response time to emails. The day of the procedure they were very comforting and shared my excitement. Very professional and can’t express enough how greatfull I am!
Kimberly Manfredi – Sep 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Kelly, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kelly?