Dr. J Mark Jackson, MD

Dr. J Mark Jackson, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Jackson is a Clinical Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) at the University of Louisville. Dr. Jackson is active in the dermatology residency program and spends time teaching dermatology residents and medical students. He is also involved in clinical investigational research, as well as in clinical practice. Dr. Jackson has authored many chapters and articles in peer reviewed publications and has lectured throughout the country on topics involving acne, lupus, psoriasis, eczema, systemic therapies for dermatologic diseases and advanced dermatologic disorders. He sees patients primarily at the Louisville office, but also staffs the dermatology clinic at the University of Louisville. Dr. Jackson also serves as an investigator and consultant for pharmaceutical companies in research and drug development.

Forefront Dermatology - Louisville

501 S 2nd St

Louisville, KY 40202

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Jackson

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.

Dr. Jackson's Experience

Dr. Jackson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Fungal Nail Infection
  • Hair Loss
  • Lupus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Baylor Coll
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Tx a & M Univ Sys Hsc Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Texas A&M Hsc/Scott & White Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Of Louisville
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Jackson has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member

Dr. Jackson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jackson to family and friends
Dr. Jackson's Performance
in Bowling Green, KY |
Being a retired teacher I would give him an A++ ! With confidence he diagnoses, treats, & follow ups with you professionally! Dr. Jackson's pleasant, friendly, compassionate personality is greatly appreciated! I am very thankful that he is MY DERMATOLOGIST!!
in Louisville, KY |
Always a great visit from Dr Jackson and his staff. Thorough check up to make sure that I don't have any skin cancer issues.
in Louisville, KY |
A professional and personable doctor who knows his profession!!
Louisville, KY |
Dr. Jackson is personable and helpful He is also involved with the most current research on new psoriasis treatments.. He is the best dermatologist for treating psoriasis that I have encountered.
Louisville, KY |
Excellent experience. This doctor listens! Very happy with treatment recommendations
in Louisville, KY |
Doctor Jackson is an amazing doctor he is very good at what he does. He works hard to help you with your problem whether it's acne or some other skin condition. He cares, he's kind, patient, thorough, and gets the job done! We love him so much we now have the whole family seeing him! It's great we always feel welcome and satisfied that we have gotten the care we needed! Thank you Dr. Jackson and your staff for making our skin beautiful and our lives better!
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Jackson does an excellent job and is very through. He take whatever time is needed to explain everything and brings areas of concern to my attention. I would highly recommend Dr. Jackson to anyone looking for a great dermatologist.
in Louisville, KY |
I would recommend Dr. Mark Jackson to anyone that needs his type of serves. Not only does he check me over thorough recommending treatment, he listens to what I have to say about areas on my skin that I am worried about. He takes as much time as necessary for me. I never feel rushed through on my appointments.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Mark Jackson is a super Dermatologist, very knowledgeable and thorough. Spends all the time you need and very friendly. This guy is GREAT!
Louisville, KY |
Dr. Jackson is very helpful in identifying areas on my skin that need treatment, which areas to keep an eye on, and those areas that are not of concern at this time. Treatment options are explained. I find him to be caring, considerate and knowledgeable. He is friendly and professional. I work outdoors all day and he has been very helpful advising me on how to reduce sun damage to my skin, e.g. sunscreen, clothing. I have the utmost confidence in him and feel he truly cares about patients.
Jeffersonville, IN |
Dr. Jackson is very professional and knowledgeable. His vast experience provides a level of confidence in his diagnostic skills.
Louisville, KY |
This was my first visit with a dermatologist. He was friendly and professional and identified and area on my skin that needed a biopsy. I have to go back to have more of that area removed soon. I really never thought of that area being a problem but i am glad i scheduled the visit. He and his staff seem very knowledgeable and are friendly. From this visit, I have learned the importance of regular examinations and will have follow ups on a regular basis.
Radcliff, KY |
I've been going to Dr.Jackson for years for my skin care issues and he is always chooses the best course of action.
in Louisville, KY |
I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Jackson. He treats the full range of skin issues and disorders, including very serious rashes and lesions. He is friendly and outgoing and I always enjoy talking with him during my visits. He is a true Top Doc.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Jackson is knowledgeable, friendly, understanding, and thorough. He took the time to completely explain my condition and procedure and really put me at ease. Dr. Jackson and his staff are prompt, courteous, and professional. Dr. Jackson went the extra mile in my case and his actions showed me that he really cares about his patients. I would recommend Dr. Jackson to family and friends without hesitation.
Louisville, KY |
Explained treatment very well, addressed my issue quickly and took care in assuring it was fully addressed in follow-up visits. Very personal as a physician himself and his staff has been terrific and efficient to deal with as well.
in Tell City, IN |
Dr. Jackson and his entire staff were wonderful to my son and me. They were sensitive and kind while incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. He was completely locked in while he was with us and gave us hope for the first time in a long time.
in La Grange, KY |
DR.Jackson is the one Doctor that I can go to and be treated with respect. He listens to you and he knows how to treat your problems. I look forward to seeing Dr. Jackson be is the one doctor that care of you. I tell a lot people about Dr. Jackson . To me he is a great doctor .
in Lexington, In. |
I met Dr. Jackson during my participation in a Research Study and after the study was complete, I just had to become his patient! He is a great Dr., that shows care and compassion and I highly recommend him. The nurses there are fabulous and the staff at front desk is courteous and full of smiles!! Would give more stars if it were optional!!
in New Albany, IN |
Dr. Jackson is extremely personable and professional. He seems thorough and takes time to answer any questions.
New Albany, IN |
He and his staff have always offered me excellent service.
in Louisville, KY |
I did not have to wait for a long time to see Dr. Jackson, the treatment went well and the staff was helpful and efficient.
Louisville, KY |
This was my first visit to Dr. Jackson and I would highly recommend him. He diagnosed my issue, answered all my questions, and was very professional and caring. The staff was courteous and professional, also. I would definitely see Dr. Jackson again if the need arises.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Jackson is very knowledgeable and professional.
in Louisville, KY |
Highly recommend Dr. Jackson.
in Louisville, KY |
Mark Jackson is the very best. His staff is friendly and your wait minimal. I wouldn't go to anyone else. He is extremely well schooled.
in Louisville, KY |
I would recommend him to anyone. He is knowledgeable and respectful to your opinion. HE LISTENS TO YOU AND DOESN'T JUST ASSUME HE KNOWS IT ALL.
in Louisville, KY |
Always a thorough annual check up especially when I have melanoma in my family. Great patient interaction with doc and staff. Highly recommended
Have you seen Dr. J Mark Jackson, MD?

Visit Dr. Jackson

Dr. Jackson accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

More Dermatologists at Forefront Dermatology - Louisville