Dr. James Jackson, MD

GastroenterologyMaleAge 49

Gastroenterology Consultants of San Antonio

134 Menger Spgs Ste 1100 Boerne, TX 78006

Dr. James Jackson, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Boerne, TX and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Jackson has more experience with Pancreatic Disease, Esophageal Disorders, and Gastrointestinal Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and North Central Baptist Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jackson to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Gastroenterology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Jackson is affiliated with Methodist Hospital Stone Oak San Antonio, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for gastroenterology.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Jackson

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Jackson treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Jackson treats other conditions, please contact the office at (210) 614-1234.

Pancreatic Disease

Pancreatic disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the pancreas, such as pancraetitis.Compare with other Pancreatic Disease specialists.

Dr. Jackson is experienced in the area of Pancreatic Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 1 condition or procedure

Pancreatitis

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.Compare with other Esophageal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Jackson is experienced in the area of Esophageal Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

Esophageal Ulcer
Esophagitis
Nausea
Reflux Esophagitis

Gastrointestinal Disorders

Gastrointestinal disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the gastrointestinal tract, including Crohn's disease, ulcers, hernias, and food poisoning.Compare with other Gastrointestinal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Jackson is experienced in the area of Gastrointestinal Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 52 conditions and procedures

Diverticulitis, Intestinal
Diverticulosis, Intestinal
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
Esophageal Ulcer

• Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • E. coli Food Poisoning
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders
  • Wireless pH Testing

Dr. Jackson accepts

Dr. Jackson accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
HealthSmart
Choice Care POS
Choice PPO
Commercial PPO
Medicare
Medicare Advantage
Preferred PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
PacifiCare

Dr. Jackson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jackson

Dr. Jackson

2nd visit to Doctor Jackson. I asked for him again because he knows what he is doing, takes his time to explain both before and after. No matter how many questions I had, I felt that he had all the time in the world to answer them. I highly recommend him.
Aug 07, 2020
Very easy, very professional
John Griffith – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Jackson and his staff. In plenty of time prior to my procedure, I was contacted about my insurance, had my prescription sent to my pharmacy, and was given clear and explicit instructions on how to prepare and what to expect. The day of my procedure, I was admitted with only a short wait, treated very kindly and professionally, had everything explained to me and was given socks and an extra blanket to keep me warm. The staff were very caring and efficient. The person putting in my IV was very skillful and found my vein immediately. The anesthesiology doctor and nurse knew exactly what they were doing and I never felt a thing and had no side effects. Dr. Jackson met with me and explained everything before as well as afterwards. My husband was brought in afterwards so that Dr. Jackson could explain what he had done. Dr. Jackson was very considerate and even showed us clear photos of exactly what had been removed. We were then escorted outside.
Desirae D – Jun 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
From Reception to Recovery all personnel were courteous, professional and very efficient. Dr. Jackson is a true professional in his business and was very thorough in recapping the surgery and explaining our plan going forward. Hats off to everyone!
John Eisenhart – Jun 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
My husband, Paul, did plenty of research and found that Dr. Jackson was a perfect fit for his health concerns. At our first visit, I was allowed to go in with him and Dr. Jackson not only answered my husband's questions, but was kind enough to take the time to answer mine. Dr. Jackson was polite, professional and courteous throughout the visit; knew what issues were worrying my husband and myself. We discussed the full range of concerns, and Dr. Jackson was very patient and informative. The entire staff, on the phone, confirming directions, and the smiles of the receptionist upon signing in, added to our comfort level as a new patient. My husband is scheduled for his procedure on Friday, and yes, we are nervous, but feel Dr. Jackson is highly qualified. Ruby Reneau
Do Not Display Name – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
This was my first meeting ever with Dr. Jackson. I appreciate Dr. Jackson listening to my complaint/issues and responding in a way that addressed my concerns and needs. I asked him about a new medication I was given and the side effects I experienced and he removed it from me and explained why. I haven’t experienced a need for the medication and the reason why it was prescribed by the hospitalist is no longer an issue. I’m scheduled for in-office procedures at the end of next month.
Deanna – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Had my first appt for Dr Jackson via virtual. Although It wasn’t face to face, Dr Jackson was very attentive, looked through my medical history and made his recommendations. Dr Jackson made me feel very comfortable and trustworthy. I will refer Dr Jackson to family and friends.
J De Luna – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Dr. Jackson and the staff at the Gastroenterology Consultants were professional and pleasant. They answered my many questions and the facility was up to date and clean. Scheduling was a breeze. Highly recommend Dr. Jackson and his wonderful staff.
Rebecca S – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Dr. Jackson and is staff are always amazing.
Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
This was my fourth visit to Dr. Jackson. All visits have been very smooth with little wait time. I have recommended him to friends.
RayinTexas – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Dr. Jackson was very professional and attentive during my visits. He paid close attention to what symptoms I was describing and trying narrow down a cause. I had two colonoscopies and one endoscopy with him. I have been seeing him for at least 10 years. He is very good to me. A++. Highly recommended.
Heath Hadley – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Dr. Jackson was highly recommended to me by trusted friends. In the midst of a big home move I had a return of Microscopic Colitis that I had experienced 12 years ago. I had made an appt for several weeks out thinking I could get much of the work done in the new home first. The very kind lady in the office sent Dr. Jackson a note when I finally called and asked to move the appt up sooner. Dr. Jackson saw my husband and me early the next morning! Dr. Jackson listened to us intently and concluded this was indeed a return of the condition from 12 years ago. He said the prescription I took 12 years ago was still the most recommended prescription for this condition. It began to help within a few days. I highly recommend this office and Dr. Jackson. The front office people are so helpful and kind which is so important in any medical office and Dr. Jackson is highly competent, caring. We are glad to have found this office!
Phyllis Gaye Cramp – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Dr Jackson and the entire clinic were friendly yet professional - from making the original appointment through the procedure and recovery and even through followup on billing.
Rick – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Doctor Jackson and his staff are outstanding ! Organized, professional and caring. Doctor Jackson always takes the time to go over results and his approach makes you feel at ease.
Jun 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
This was my first face to face appointment with Dr. Jackson. He was very caring and attentive during our visit. He was thorough and went thorough different treatment options with me. The nurses and technicians that assisted me during my procedure were friendly, helpful, and made my procedure less stressful. Overall, I am pleased with the care I received.
Jun 08, 2020
Thank you for the kind words about Dr. Jackson...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
It was an easy way to see Dr Jackson at a time when I was in a lot of pain and in need of help. My husband did have to help me get it to work but only because I am technology challenged. I truly appreciate being able to talk with Dr Jackson and receive the help I desperately needed. Thank you for this video appointment
Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Dr. Jackson is very professional, friendly, and an effective communicator. I am very impressed after my first visit.
Guy Drobny – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Had an EGD with Dr Jackson. I’ve been a patient of Dr Jackson And because of my history of dysplastic polyps I’ve had a few procedures with Dr Jackson. The staff is amazing. I was made comfortable frim the moment I arrived at the clinic. The LVNs the RNs were incredible.the anesthesiologists was great and the staff in the procedure room was amazing. Dr Jackson told me what was going to happen then I counted down from 5 and woke up in recovery. Dr Jackson gave me the information on my scope and told me he’d follow up on my pathology specimens. I continually ask to see Dr Jackson because of his expertise and because of his incredible staff. If you need a GI consult Dr Jackson is who you want to see. Thank you for taking care of me
Paul Barnicott – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Dr Jackson, is an exceptional physician who makes you feel like your the only patient he has. His appointment with you maybe 10min although it feels like 20min because he explains everything so thorough. He is such a wonderful physician that my whole family sees him.
Kathryn Longoria – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?
Office staff is friendly and professional. It is so nice to visit a doctor’s office where the work environment is positive and employees appear happy doing their jobs. Dr. Jackson is an excellent doctor. He is no nonsense and direct. He was respectful of my time and was punctual. He also accommodated me with an in-office visit during Covid 19 pandemic. Very pleased with my visit!
Cynthia Casiano – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Jackson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jackson?

Dr. Jackson joined Gastroenterology Consultants in 2007, after completing his postgraduate training and a faculty appointment at Emory University in Atlanta,...Read more

• Gastroenterology