Dr. James Hoski, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Hoski

Carolina Spine & Neurosurgery

7 Vanderbilt Park Dr Asheville, NC 28803

Dr. James Hoski, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Asheville, NC and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1985 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Hoski accepts

Dr. Hoski accepts the following insurance:

AARP
America's 1st Choice
CHAMPVA
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Check Dr. Hoski's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Hoski's Top Procedures and Conditions

Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Hoski performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Hoski performs this procedure more than 98% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Hoski treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Hoski treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Nerve Block

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hoski

Dr. Hoski?
Dr. Hoski's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Hoski, MD
I was referred to Dr. Hoski by another Dr. at Carolina Spine & Neurosurgery for back pain. Dr. Hoski set up an appointment for surgery and since then I have been pain free. I am totally impressed by the whole experience dealing with him and his staff and I would highly recommend him and Carolina Spine to anyone with back pain to be evaluated.
12 week check up after surgery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Dr. Hoski performed surgery on me for spinal stenosis. I was having trouble moving my right leg, and was having problems with balance and numbness. The surgery was successful, and I am walking better. The other issues have diminished. He fully explained everything prior to the surgery, and I am pleased with my experience with him and his staff! I also love the "Follow My Health" app for my phone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
I had two bone spurs that were pressing on nerves removed from my spine. Dr Hoski is a terrific communicator, not knife happy and reviewed my options with me while letting me look at what he was seeing from the MRI. Couldn't have been more pleased with his competency, his staff and Mission Memorial. All my hip pain is gone now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Had a followup visit after spinal surgery. The surgery was a success -- I no longer have sciatica. Dr. Hoski took the time to review the correct way to do my personalized yoga routine. I appreciate his attentiveness and helpfulness.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
A gentle patient Dr who wreaks with confidence. Reminds us of EF Hutton - When Dr Hoski talks - you listen. Wouldn’t hesitate to return or recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
This is the best doctor in the USA. If you ask a question you will get an answer. I couldn't hardly walk. And two days after surgery I was walking and now 8 weeks later I will be hiking and hunting the wild boar back in my mountains. There is no better back surgeon in the country.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Four months ago I had a successful three vertebrae laminectomy and a spinal fusion of 4/5 for severe spinal stenosis. Dr. Hoski is very experienced, knowledgeable, approachable and personable. He explained my condition and his recommended procedure in great detail, while answering all of my questions. The three hour surgery and subsequent recovery were flawless. Since I live alone, after two days in the hospital I was transferred to an excellent rehab hospital for an additional nine days. Since then I have had two very positive visits with X-rays. It is important that patients understand that nerves damaged by the pressure of stenosis take months to heal. I can give Dr. Hoski nothing but my highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Dr. Hoski and his staff was very professional. I was shown compassion during my whole process with them. He is a great and knowledgeable surgeon. He educated me with my test results. I would go to him again if needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
I first saw Dr. Hoski 18 years ago when referred to him for a cervical fusion. That surgery proved very effective. I then saw him 7 years later because of issues in the lumbar region, arising from spinal stenosis. His treatment and prognosis helped set me on a course of a very normal lifestyle, even allowing me to run regularly. Now I am seeing him again for a herniated disc and related issues. Again, I am very pleased with his treatment, clear explanation and positive approach.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
One of the better physician experiences I have had. Dr. Hoski came across as intelligent, compassionate and personable. Excellent listener with clear explanations and recommendations. Friendly, efficient staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Dr hoski has the best bedside manners and assessment of any doctor I've ever went to I'm also in the medical field as a paramedic. Dr hoski also loves his job and you can tell and cares for his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Excellent, clear, and complete communication. Listened well and approaches issues with concern and insights. Took in the whole picture (physical exam, X-ray, and MRI) before making diagnosis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Dr. Hoski is a wonderful surgeon. He is very caring and compassionate. Everyone we came in contact with at his office was very polite and professional. Dr. Hoski is so knowledgeable and helped us to understand everything about the surgery, what to expect and how to keep it from happening again. I highly recommend Dr. Hoski and would definitely see him again if the need arises.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Dr. Hoski is absolutely amazing. He is not only a great surgeon but just a great guy too. He made us feel so comfortable and treated us like family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
NICEST doctor I ever met! I was very nervous about my appointment but Dr. Hoski put me at ease. He pointed out what's right with my back and not just what's wrong. He spent 45 minutes asking me questions and listening to my answers. I never felt rushed. He reviewed my MRI with me and recommended physical therapy at this time. If surgery is ever needed in the future, I will feel comfortable putting my back in the good doctor's hands. 5 stars for sure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Dr. Hoski has excellent communication skills; he does not talk down to you, yet he has a way of making the process simple to understand. And he also is a very good listener. There were times when he was talking to me about a procedure and he was able to tell when I did not understand what he meant, he would either show me physically on office model or compare it with something I could relate with. He has a very professional attitude and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
I was not able to get any relief from pain. I could not sit, stand, lay down, walk or sleep without intense pain. Dr. Hoski performed discectomy surgery on me for a herniated disc (on my left side) that adhered to the dura in my spine. The surgery was very successful. However, a few months later I was having issues with my right leg and need surgery for stenosis. This surgery was also successful. Now I am pain free ! :) Dr. Hoski is an extremely skilled Orthopedic Surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Saw Dr. Hoski because of a severe sciatica condition. He is a very caring doctor. He is a very good listener. He went to great lengths to explain my condition, its causes and treatments. I am feeling much better because of his expertise. I am very satisfied.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Hoski, MD?
Dr. Hoski is both knowledgeable and personable. He has a knack for explaining complicated surgical procedures in layman's terms and is a good listener.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Hoski?

Carolina Spine & Neurosurgery

• Tue: closed
    • Wed: closed
    • Thu: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hoski treats patients.

Mission Health