Dr. James Horton, MD

Dr. James Horton, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  ·
Dr. James Horton, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Greenville, SC and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Mercer Univ Sch Of Med in 2003 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

2 Innovation Dr Ste 300B

Greenville, SC 29607

Learn about Dr. Horton

See how frequently Dr. Horton performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thyroid Disease
Calcium Metabolism Disorders
Hyperthyroidism

Dr. Horton's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Mercer Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2003

Dr. Horton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Horton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Horton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Horton's Reviews

3.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Horton to family and friends

Dr. Horton's Performance

Would not listen to me and treated me like I was ignorant, which I am not. Refused to consider that medication was causing side effects, even though my symptoms are exactly what is listed as side effects of the medication he prescribed. Very cold, uncaring and arrogant. I will not return.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have been a patient of Dr. Hortons for more than 4 years. I followed when he switched practices. Ive had Type 1 Diabetes over 20 years and have seen many physicians. Dr. Horton has a calm demeanor and I feel comfortable and supported in his care without extensive lectures. In the past, all of my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Lacks bedside manner, does not listen to patients, and makes you feel like you're wrong for asking questions. Very invalidating and frankly, not thorough at all. Missed a large chunk of what was going on with me. Won't go back.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I chose Dr. Horton because of his great reviews, however, I have found him to be a very arrogant doctor. He does not like his patients asking questions about their care. He challenged my knowledge of medications that I had already taken that had a negative effect on me saying that the side affects...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Horton is the BEST!!! I have struggled with diabetes for years without control until I went to Dr. Horton. I thought I was going to have to go on an insulin pump but I did not. My A1C was 12 and now it is down in the 7's. Dr. Horton changed my medicines. I feel so much better now that my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0