Dr. James Hoffman, MD

Dr. James Hoffman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. James Hoffman, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Stuart, FL and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from University of Miami / School of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine.

1050 SE Monterey Rd Ste 400

Stuart, FL 34994

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Hoffman

See how frequently Dr. Hoffman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bursitis
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Fracture Care
high

Dr. Hoffman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hoffman "We recognize that you have plenty of choices when it comes to orthopaedic care and that's why everything we do is designed to put our patients first. We also offer same day and next day appointments so you can avoid unnecessary ER wait times and expenses."

• Sports Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Achilles Tendon Rupture
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Iliotibial Band Syndrome
  • Shoulder Instability
  • Stress Fracture
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Torn Cartilage

• University Of Miami/Jackson Memorial
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Hoffman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hoffman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hoffman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hoffman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hoffman to family and friends
4.2
based on 33 total reviews (10 with comments)

Dr. Hoffman's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in Port Saint Lucie, FL
Nice guy - the office is a nightmare. First there was no parking. I had to park at an adjacent business after driving the parking lot twice. There were almost no seats in the waiting room. Because I had another appointment, I questioned a staff member and was told there were 5 in front of me....more

We appreciate your feedback and understand your frustration. We are actively exploring alternatives to provide more parking and would be more than happy to address more specifics of your concerns offline. Please feel free to call (772) 403-2295 during normal business hours so we may assist in providing the best orthopaedic care available in a way that is convenient for you.

in Stuart, FL
After suffering with hip and leg pain for 2 years, on 2/16/17, Dr. James Hoffman replaced my left hip and gave me a new lease on life. I had thought it would go away by itself, but at 81 years old, I realized that old age was creeping up on me and if I wanted to have a better quality of life, it...more

We're so glad to hear about your positive experience with Dr. Hoffman. Our goal is to provide the very best patient care available, so it's always encouraging to hear about positive experiences.

in Port Saint Lucie, FL
Dr. Hoffman was very thorough in explaining my options and the procedure to be preformed. He discussed examples of possible problems and outcomes. He takes as long as needed on each appointment. My hip replacement surgery went smoothly and the recover time was acceptable. He has a great...more

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're thrilled to hear about the success of your visit with Dr. Hoffman!

in Pompano Beach, FL
Very rude, arrogant, didn't listen at all and seemed to me to be a bit lost. Was absolutely no help to me. Offered me no direction to go in or medical advice. I went to another doctor who cared about me and was very competent and without surgery my problem has been completely solved.

It is our goal to provide the best possible care for every patient. Please call (772) 403-2295 during normal business hours so we may discuss your experience in more detail and work to resolve your concern offline while protecting your patient privacy.

in Ft Pierce, FL
Excellent surgeon and very personable.