Ophthalmology  |
Dr. James Hirschfeld, MD
Dr. James Hirschfeld, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Parsippany, NJ. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Hirschfeld is affiliated with Saint Clare's Hospital/Denville.

3799 US Highway 46 Ste 300

Parsippany, NJ 07054

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Hirschfeld

Dr. Hirschfeld's Experience

Dr. Hirschfeld's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • Iridectomy
  • Iridotomy
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• New York Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Ny U Sch Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Ny U Sch Med/Siepser Laser Eyecare
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Hirschfeld has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hirschfeld does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hirschfeld and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hirschfeld's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hirschfeld to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Hirschfeld's Performance
in Wayne NJ |
My Wife and I have been patients of Dr. Hirschfeld for over 15 years. He successfully treated her Glaucoma problem. We both had total improvement of vision after our Cataract surgery. I trust him on my ongoing Macular Degeneration Assessment. I would recommend him to both the Old and Young alike.
Parsippany, NJ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Hirschfeld. He is very thorough, knowledgeable and has been educated at the best schools and hospitals. He identified a problem with my husband's retina early, so it never progress to a difficult situation. He has a nice personality and answers all my questions.
in Chatham, NJ |
Dr Hirschfeld has been taking care of my eyes for about 4 years. He was referred to me by another patient. I find him to be very professional and thorough. and I would feel good about referring him to others.
in Parsippany, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hirschfeld for over a decade. I have never been refused an appointment on the same day I have called with a problem and that has happened several times. Dr. Hirschfeld removed my cataracts from both eyes about a year ago. It was fast, painless, and my eyesight is exactly as I told him I wanted it to be. The office staff is friendly, warm, and helpful. I would (and have) recommended him to family and friends.
little falls, nj |
My wife and I have been Dr. Hirschfeld's patients for several years. So far, I have 20/20 vision for the first time in 70 years. He is actively monitoring my wife's type Ii diabetes and its effects on vision. Under emergency conditions and severe pain, he engaged a specialist who solved the problem. We deal with him with the utmost confidence and highly recommend him.
in Parsippany, NJ |
I appreciate how Dr. Hirschfeld takes his time speaking with me during my visit to really understand my concerns.
in Parsippany, NJ |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Hirschfeld in May of 2017! I can't say enough good thins about the Dr. and his staff! Very great Dr. and staff!!!
in Denville, NJ |
Dr. Hirschfeld worked quickly to resolve the conjunctivitis and the red eye side effects to Dupixent. He saw me many times in the first couple of weeks and everything worked out well. I am now able to take Dupixent and have a much better quality of life because of it. But I would not be able to take the Dupixent without Dr. Hirschfeld's help. He has kept a close watch on me and through appropriate eye drop treatment I am eczema free and my eyes are OK.
Parsippany, NJ |
Always a great experience at their office. They are super friendly and really know their stuff. Dr. Hirschfeld is a great doctor.
in Parsippany, NJ |
I recently switched physicians and am very happy with Dr. Hirschfeld!
Edison, NJ |
My immediate and extended family has been using Dr. Hirschfeld for over 15 years. He is the consummate professional and one time he even came into his office on a Sunday afternoon for a child that was injured in a soccer game. I can't recommend him enough.
in Parsippany, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hirschfeld for about 5 years. I find him and his staff to be very attentive and professional.
in Parsippany, NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Hirschfeld to anyone who needs their eyes to be examined. I have been a patient for his for about 3 years and my wife has been a patient for 15 years. We are both very happy with him.
in Parsippany, NJ |
I am very satisfy with Dr. Hirschfeld and all his staffs.
Parsippany, NJ |
Dr. Hirschfeld is extremely attentive and thorough in his examination. His office is modern and up to date . He staff is excellent. I would given him 6 stars, but only 5 were available!
Morris Plains, NJ |
Waited for 45 mins. Doctor was very rude to me and my 6 years old daughter during the check up and finished testing in 5 mins and recommended to see a pediatric ophthalmologist. When I told him that his office said he will see 5 years and above and if he is not comfortable making the assessment, he said he can write whatever glasses,but wanted to make sure. If he is not comfortable making the diagnosis, why is he seeing patients and wasting our time and money. Behaved like a jerk and cut me off.
in Parsippany, NJ |
Dr. Hirschfeld is the most outstanding doctor that I've come across. He has preformed cataract surgery on me recently. I would highly recommend Dr. Hirschfeld to everyone in need of an ophthalmologist. He is very attentive, takes time to explain things to his patients, and makes you feel secure in his performance. I cannot say enough about his staff. Everything about his office was and still is outstanding for me. Everyone working for him was sincere and truly cared about me as a person.
in Secaucus, NJ |
NO bedside manner at all. Very abrupt. DOESN'T listen and DOESN'T explain.Treats you like you're an idiot. Continuously runs out of room to work on other patients -- leaving you waiting there for a very long time until he finally comes back in. I just hope that he knowledgeable and knows what he is doing as far as my eyes are concerned.
in Morristown, NJ |
Very abrupt, doesn't listen to what you have to say. Corrects his staff in front of the patient. Leaves office visit quickly
Have you seen Dr. James Hirschfeld, MD?
Are you Dr. Hirschfeld?