Dr. James Hays, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Delaware Medical Group 4512 Kirkwood Hwy Ste 101 Wilmington, DE 19808 Get Directions
Dr. James Hays, MD
Dr. James Hays, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Wilmington, DE. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Hays is affiliated with Christiana Care Health System - Christiana Hospital.

Dr. Hays' Experience

See how Dr. Hays' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hays

Dr. Hays accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Hays is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hays has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hays' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hays to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Hays' Performance
in Wilmington, DE |
Dr. Hays is not a doctor for the faint of heart, however, if you are looking for a doctor that truly cares about your overall well being, Dr. Hays is that doctor. He is thorough and expects you to abide by the rules of your care. (getting your numbers in to him, keeping appointments, etc) I found his office staff to be quite helpful as well.
in Claymont, DE |
Dr. Hays is a bit condescending but he is nice ~ he just doesn't seem to have a good bedside manner. That being said, I've recently changed insurance and I need his office to fax over my records. They won't return my PCP's calls or letters, etc, nor have they sent the records over. All in all, I'm glad I changed to a different doctor.
Newark, DE |
Worst DR I have ever seen. He insists I get my rx at Walmart when I say that is not good for me. Insists I get my blood work done there even though my insurance did not cover it when I did. Today when I was showing him the blood work write up from another dr I was to get he started crossing out things he thought I didn't need. I was outraged as this was not his business on what my other dr wanted me to get done. I walked out today, even when I didn't think he could shock me he did. STAY AWAY
in Wilmington, DE |
I went to Dr. Hays for an issue with recurrent infections. He was wonderful, he took the time to explain possible causes, the best courses of action, alternative therapies and necessary tests. He was kind and thorough, and I finally feel like I am in the hands of a provider who will take the time to treat me as a person, and not just my symptoms.
in New Castle, DE |
I would NOT recommend Dr. Hayes to anyone! He is extremely rude. He doesn't bother to listen to the patient or take in to consideration the history of the patient. He just wants to tell you what he thinks is the reason you are there for the visit. His staff seems friendly but are useless also. I have been requesting records for about a month and a half. Still do not have the records and I was told that they are not sure where they are. WHAT DOCTOR DOES THIS!?!?!
Have you seen Dr. James Hays, MD?
Are you Dr. Hays?

Compare Dr. Hays

Dr. Hays' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Malpractice claims in Delaware not available

Dr. Hays has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hays' Board Certifications

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Pheochromocytoma
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

University Of Kansas / School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Hays does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hays and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Endocrinology & Metabolism

Dr. Hays does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Hays and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.