Dr. James J. Guerra, MD

Dr. James J. Guerra, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine | Male

Collier Sports Medicine 1706 Medical Blvd Ste 201, Naples, FL 34110 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Guerra specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine and practices in Naples, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Guerra? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Guerra's Experience

See how Dr. Guerra's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Guerra

Dr. Guerra accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Guerra has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Guerra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guerra to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Guerra
Dr. Guerra's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (120)
in Naples, FL |
I have been a patient of Guerra's for 5 years now. One of the last procedures I had- numerous people (strangers)have commented to me on how quickly his work, and my mobility has increased compared to their surgeons. That in itself speaks for itself.
in Naples, FL |
He lives up to his reputation....very professional, very informative and takes excellent care of his patients pre surgery and post surgery.
in naples, fl |
Dr. Guerra has done an excellent job. He has repaired both shoulders and my knee. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Naples, FL |
I went to Dr. Guerra for a second opinion on my shoulder. It did not take long to know that this was the Dr. I wanted to operate on me. He performed a Total Shoulder Replacement in June and did an excellent job. He has the reputation of being the best in his field and he lives up to that reputation. I can not recommend him highly enough. Also , his therapists are incredible.
in Naples, FL |
I Came back to Naples with an extremely bad knee. I called the office at 7:30 AM expecting to leave a message however someone was there. I was in a panicking mode and was taken that day! I was seen by his assistant as Dr Guerra was in surgery. X-rays were taken, I was given the report, solution and gave me plenty personal time. I was so impressed from the call all the way to my departure. I am so grateful for this lucky find!!!!
in Estero, FL |
From initial evaluation, through surgery, post-op, physical therapy, final evaluation and release - Dr. Guerra and his entire staff are excellent. I recommend them, completely without reservation or hesitation. His office staff is helpful and friendly; office assistants (Mark, Ruthie, and Tammy) are experienced, thorough, and gentle; the reception staff downstairs at his physical therapy facility (Dana and Jodi) are incredibly helpful, friendly; Laura was the very best ever Physical Therapist!
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Guerra has had years of experience and it shows. His bedside manner is incredible. I've been a patient for approximately 5 months now and glad that I was referred to him. We tried a physical therapy approach first before considering surgery. After a few months of PT, I opted for the surgery. It went extremely well & the PT and recovery seems to be going great. He seems very attentive makes sure his patients are progressing well. I will definitely be going back to him for my other knee.
Lehigh Acres, FL |
Knowledgeable, friendly, and always willing to go the extra mile.
in Naples, FL |
My experience with Dr. Guerra and everyone involved at Collier Sports Medicine has been nothing short of exceptional. Every point of contact I have had with everyone from reception, to nurses and nurse assistants, including especially the P.A. and Dr. Guerra himself has been wonderful. I was thoroughly educated about what to expect from my surgery, including recovery, rehab and the PT process to follow. Everything has gone exactly as explained and I am currently on track to full recovery.
in Naples Florida |
Mel E. 8.12.16 One word awesome! Dr. Guerra has performed three procedures for me. Both knees and now my rotator cuff. Not only was Dr. Guerra very professional I cannot say enough about his staff. They have been great. From the front desk to physical therapy. If you need something repaired this is your team!
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Guerra is a very highly respected orthopedic surgeon in Naples, Florida. He has a great reputation and was recommended to me for my Rotator Cuff Surgery by a friend who'd used him in the past. As it turned out, my surgery was a success and I am currently getting stronger day by day. It's been just 6 months from the surgery for me and I can do my morning push ups easily again. I've gone back to the gym now and keep working every day and getting better and better. Thank you Dr. Guerra.
in Naples, FL |
Just completed my second shoulder surgery with Dr. Guerra. Everything was outstanding from diagnosis to surgery to fantastic physical therapy at Colliers Sports Medicine.
Naples, FL |
I have only seen Dr. Guerra one time in his practice. The other times I was seen Dr. Parker or Dr. Guerra's PA.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Guerra has performed 2 shoulder surgeries, one rotator cuff repair and a total reverse shoulder replacement. Both of the surgeries went exactly as they were explained to me. I was treated in a very professional manner by Dr. Guerra, his PA, the office staff and the PT staff. I have been very satisfied with the care that I received. Thank you.
in Bonita Springs, FL |
Dr. Guerra is the consummate professional - without the attitude. Great office, medicalf and PT staff as well. Replaced both knees without any difficulties.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Guerra has performed five major surgeries on me, including both shoulders, a total knee and total hip replacement. He is an amazing surgeon and physician. My recover time was always faster than average and each surgery went perfectly as he had explained. I have and will continue to recommend him to my friends and family.
in Naples, FL |
Dr Guerra repaired my rotator cuff in November 2014 which was a mess. The surgery was difficulty as the tear was large and I also had impingement and bone spurs. My shoulder healed as good as new and I returned to all activities I pursued before. He has just done my total knee replacement in April 2016 and my recovery is progressing above average. He is professional, approachable and his work is meticulous. I'm happy to have found him and have complete trust in his ability.
in Bonita Springs, FL |
I couldn't be more pleased with the service and results of my recent experience with Dr. Guerra! He and his staff were very professional and took care of my problem as efficiently and as non evasively as possible. I would highly recommend him!
in Naples, FL |
Dr. G has always been up beat, positive and considerate of the whole patient, not just what he is treating and has taken that all into consideration when moving forward with my treatments. He show true compassion and is easy to talk to. I have complete confidence in him. His PT department is wonderful and the PT office staff is very helpful in trying to fit appointments around your schedule.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Guerra & staff are exceptional. I've been going to his office for years. They've always been pleasant, helpful, honest, and so knowledgeable. Their services are for a patient's well being, not to make money. They could have done my knee surgery, years ago-which would have required me to have a second surgery later in life; they advised me to wait as long as possible to try and make the surgery last for the rest of my life. They even have their own physical therapy office! They're the best!
in Bonita Springs, FL |
Dr. Guerra is the best shoulder and knee Doctor in greater Naples. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional and effective.
Naples, FL |
I had a complete separation of my shoulder and didn't feel comfortable with the doctor recommended by the ER. As soon as I met Dr. Guerra, I knew he was the one. I had complete trust in him. Incredibly knowledgeable of my problem and explained everything that needed to be done. Not only did he do an excellent job with the surgery but PT was excellent as is all his staff.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Guerra performed my total knee replacement 2 months ago. My recovery has been amazing & has exceeded my expectations - no more pain & I've achieved maximum range of motion (thanks also to John in PT). Dr. Guerra previously repaired my torn meniscus & rotator cuff with the same fantastic results. Because of his experience & knowledge of the newest techniques I am pleased to refer him to friends. Thanks to him & the staff - I give them a 10!!
in Naples, FL |
I had a very good experience. When I called the office, they advised me to see my primary care and obtain an MRI and X-Ray. They read it and called me to schedule my appointment. We tried a shot first but it didn't work so we proceeded with schedule.
in Bonita Springs, FL |
My experience with Dr. Guerra, having rotator cuff surgery, has been even better than I hoped it would be. Other patients told me how satisfied they were with him. And the experience has exceeded my expectations. When you meet Dr. Guerra, he makes you feel that he knows exactly what your issue is, he's seen it a lot before and he knows EXACTLY how to fix it, And he did.
in Naples, FL |
I strongly recommend Dr Guerra. Love how conservative he was with my knee problem, trying all options before surgery, which was eventually needed. Sometimes there is a long office wait time but it just shows he gives everyone his undivided attention and in my opinion, I'm happy to wait to receive the same. Everyone in the office is friendly and professional, he also has an excellent PT staff in the building.
Naples, FL |
Dr. Guerra was wonderful. He took time to listen to what I was saying and made a treatment plan to treat my pain. They also have a wonderful physical therapy team.
in Naples, FL |
Dr Guerra and his staff have an excellent reputation. He repaired my right shoulder in 2006 and just repaired my left two weeks ago. Dr. Guerra and Mark were very thorough in their explanation of my needed repair as well as probable causes. In addition, the PT staff does an amazing job. I have really enjoyed working with Brent and his expertise has had a very positive impact on my recovery....and I trust his advice will keep my shoulders active and pain free for many, many, years.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Guerra has the great ability of showing genuine interest in you as a person and is very thorough in his assessment and evaluation of your medical needs. His office staff are all very professional, considerate and caring. As a result, you gain great confidence that you are in good hands and that you will get the treatment you need in a successful fashion.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Guerra is a caring doctor, who is an expert in his field and takes the time to answer all the questions I had. He explained possible procedures and all medical options.
in Naples, FL |
I am a repeat customer of Dr Guerra frankly because he keeps up with technology, has great experience and I have had great results. I enjoy him as a person and I know he really cares about his patients. Also having PT in the same building as a one stop destination is very helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Guerra and would send family and friends to him.
in Naples, FL |
We would strongly recommend Dr. Guerra to family & friends. He is extremely knowledgeable and has a superb staff.
in Wayzata, MN |
I winter in Naples & wanted to have knee replacement surgery here I am totally satisfied with Dr. Guerra. My right knee replacement was done 4 years ago at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.The left knee replacement recovery was much faster & easier than the one done 4 years ago. If you are looking for a surgeon who specializes in the newest techniques & with a great personal manner Dr. Guerra is your guy. When I need a Ganglion Cyst removed; I will go back to him. Thank you !!
Have you seen Dr. James J. Guerra, MD?
Are you Dr. Guerra?

Compare Dr. Guerra

Orthopedic Sports Medicine
Naples, FL 34110

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.