Dr. James Grimes, MD

Dr. James Grimes, MD

Sports Medicine  |
Dr. James Grimes, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in St Augustine, FL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

1 Orthopaedic Pl

St Augustine, FL 32086

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Grimes

Dr. Grimes' Experience

Dr. Grimes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery

• Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University Of Hawaii At Manoa / John A. Burns School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Grimes has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Grimes has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Grimes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grimes to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Grimes' Performance
in St. Augustine FL |
Unfortunately I had to have a full hip replacement at 37... but fortunately I came across Dr. Grimes who made me feel at ease with everything that had to be done. I had a never had a surgery before, not even stitches! So needless to say I was very nervous. He explained everything in detail and made me actually excited about my new life. Post surgery was awesome, like honestly it was better than after having my children. It's been almost 8 weeks and I can actually get up and play with my children
Palm coast FL |
After 3 years as our ortho waited weeks for an appointment. Hours in office, took an X-ray again to confirm what should have been done last years Xray then said I won't do hip surgery on you. Sent us on weeks of looking for another surgeon while knowing on extreme pain. Second time wrong on delay in treatment.
I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the care you received from Dr. Grimes. Sometimes surgery is not always the most appropriate answer to a patient's problem. Please feel free to contact me at marketing@oastaug.com or call and ask to speak with a manager, if you would like additional assistance.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Grimes own Orthopedic Associates the Dr's under his practice FAILS to follow through with their patients or staff to ensure orders MRI's, Nerve Studies, go over results, ALL staff members fails to return phone calls in a relative and reasonable time frame, fail to insure patients are taken care properly, in fairness to Dr. Grimes he is a very good DR. and this is not totally directly on focused him its more to his staff and other Doctors who refuses follow through with patients.
Thank you for your kind words about Dr. Grimes. He and his physician partners own the practice and care about your experience. Medical assistants are often very busy during the day caring for patients. It is our policy to return patient calls with 24 hours or one business day. Please feel free to contact marketing@oastaug.com or call and ask to speak with a manager, if you need further assistance.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Grimes is amazing! I and many others call him the miracle doctor! My first surgery with Dr. Grimes was 2 years ago when he replaced my left hip, I was up and running in 2 weeks with very little pain. My second surgery was July 19th 2016 He replaced my right knee, Dr. Grimes is a absolute genius. my surgery was 5 weeks ago and I'm walking already. Dr. Grimes is a master at what he does! here's some words that would describe him, Kind, Caring, Expert, God sent, Master, best, smart, amazing!
Thank you so much for your 5 star review for Dr. Grimes! At Orthopaedic Associates of St Augustine we realize that you have many choices for healthcare providers and we are honored that you have chosen to entrust your care to us.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Grimes is an excellent Dr. I am well satisfied with him and his team with the knee replacement that he did for me. Thank you and have a blessed day.
in St. Augustine, fl |
Dr. Grimes took his time to explain all the procedures that would take place prior, during and after the operation. He is very well know in the field and came highly recommended. The care I have received was excellent and I have been improving quickly.
in St Augustine, FL |
I HAVE USED DR.GRIMES FOR TWO TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENTS AND FOUND HIM TO BE THE BEST. I LIKE HIS APPROACH TO THIS SURGERY, THE FOLLOW-UP APPT'S TELLING ME WHAT TO EXPECT EVERY TIME I SEE HIM ABOUT MY PROGRESS WITH THE KNEE, AS WELL AS MY THERAPY.I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM FOR ANY PROCEDURE HE DOES AT ORTHOPEDIC ASSOCIATES IN ST. AUGUSTINE, FL. HIS PA'S ARE ON TOP OF EVERY VISIT TOO.
in Crescent Beach, FL |
I strongly recommend Dr. Grimes. He is an excellent listener and provides feedback and options based on what you talk about. Dr. Grimes counseled a conservative treatment approach that allowed me to avoid surgery and get back to the golf course. Everything he said made sense and he made sure that I understood why he recommended the treatment that he did. I was impressed with his knowledge...he obviously takes a great deal of pride in helping his patients.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Grimes literally saved my leg and life. His devotion to my care was extraordinary. He went way beyond a doctor/patient relationship. I would not be walking today without him. It has been a long road but I always trusted his knowledge and care to get me through this. His staff is wonderful and always there to help.
in St. Augustine, FL |
Dr Grimes shows compassion, this I find highly commendable in a Doctor. I felt that I was included in the decisions made for my treatment, thankfully surgery was not needed, but I have every confidence in his abilities .
Saint Augustine, FL |
Dr. Grimes is a part of the community. He has been doing hip, knee and sports medicine for a very long time and is passionate about his profession. He also is always coaching and mentoring children in the community as well as keeping in touch with Flagler Hospital by serving on their various boards and holding various leadership positions. I trust him with all my heart.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Grimes is extremely knowledgeable and patient-focused. I am now home 2+ days following total knee replacement. He kept me informed beginning with the initial consultation and followed through before and after surgery. I still have some serious rehab in front of me but Dr. Grimes put me in an excellent position for a most positive outcome.
in St Augustine, FL |
Awesome doctor!!! High recommend him for hips and knees!!
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Grimes did my knee replacement. He did an awesome job! I recommend him to anyone with hip and knee problems! Kind, considerate, very knowledgeable and truly caring for his patients.
in St Augustine, FL |
I found Dr. Grimes through Flagler Hospital and decided he was the Orthopedist for me after the fabulous reviews. He and his staff are incredible. They are all attentive, friendly, and oh so patient! Believe me, I just brought my 18-year old daughter to Dr. Grimes after a car accident, and they never tired of her endless questions. She is now under Dr. Grimes care, along with myself.
in St Augustine, FL |
the most import thing in picking a doctor for my hip replacement was to make sure he was the best performing his job. I wanted the best way to heal after the surgery and to make sure i wouldn't have to do it again. The best way to get really good at something is to do it a a lot, Dr. Grimes office does it a lot. The recovery facility is top notch,the staff is excellent they are not my friend they are my medical team.
Have you seen Dr. James Grimes, MD?

Visit Dr. Grimes

• CoreSource
  • EBS-RMSCO
    Emblem Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Select HMO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio