Dr. James Greenberg, MD

Dr. Greenberg
Telehealth services available

Brigham-Faulkner Ob/Gyn Assocs

1153 Centre St Ste 3c Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

Dr. James Greenberg, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Jamaica Plain, MA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Brigham And Women's Faulkner Hospital and Brigham And Women's Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Greenberg to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Greenberg's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Greenberg's Top Procedures and Conditions

Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing
high
high

Dr. Greenberg performs Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing more than 90% of his peers

Dr. Greenberg performs this procedure more than 90% of his peers

Uterine Fibroids

Dr. Greenberg treats Uterine Fibroids more than 87% of his peers

Dr. Greenberg treats this condition more than 87% of his peers

Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders

Dr. Greenberg treats Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders more than 84% of his peers

Dr. Greenberg treats this condition more than 84% of his peers

Dr. Greenberg's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
  • Adenomyosis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Oophorectomy
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Preeclampsia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Greenberg accepts

Dr. Greenberg accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Guardian
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Medicaid
Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

Dr. Greenberg's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg?
  • Appointment scheduling (32)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (32)
  • Explained conditions well (32)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
Best doctor I have had the pleasure of seeing in my entire life. He is one in a million. I think of him and refer him often. He is a gifted surgeon, has excellent communication skills, bed side manner is also a breath of fresh air. This doctor saved my life back in 2011. He provided me with the best care any woman could ask for. I thank you for being you Dr. Greenberg. The surgery you did for me was definitely a lifesaver as well as life changing. Your staff is also wonderful!
Jayne Malenfant – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
Dr. Greenberg and staff (Jen x3, Maureen, Damaris, Marie, Gina and Lynn) are the best! I saw Dr. Greenberg from the beginning of my pregnancy and felt like my baby and I were in safe hands from the start. He was patient and funny and his staff are super friendly and always listened to any concern. I highly recommend this group!
Dec 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
My 3 sisters and I have worked with Dr. Greenburg for the past 16 years to nurture 10 pregnancies and deliver 10 healthy babies. Dr. Greenburg is a no nonsense kind of guy who tells you how it is, good, bad or indifferent. Dr. Greenburg is thorough, attentive, caring and extremely witty. You will likely leave your appointment laughing hysterically, looking forward to the next time you get to hang with him! Dr. Greenburg is known and respected, an expert in the field. You can rest assured that under his care, issues, if any, will be detected and that he will move expeditiously to resolve them. My sisters and I just love him, we appreciate his expertise, his charm and wit! We all feel very lucky to work with you, Dr. Greenburg, thank you for everything!!!!!!
Elena – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
Dr. Greenberg is a very kind, patient, and knowledgeable doctor. I was very anxious with my first pregnancy and always made sure my questions were answered and would squeeze me in for an appointment if necessary. My daughter was almost two weeks late and gave me several options and explained them to me regarding induction. I would highly recommend this doctor and office!
Ashley in Roslindale, MA – Oct 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
Dr. Greenberg is not just an excellent doctor but a very caring doctor as well. This is my 4th pregnancy and during this pregnancy I have had times where I was nervous or scared due to a miscarriage that I had before this pregnancy and Dr. Greenberg always made me feel at ease and allowed me to come in every week to ease my fears and to ensure everything was okay. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.
Fabiola in East Bridgewater, MA – Jul 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
My husband and I are forever grateful to Dr. Greenberg for getting us through three pregnancies with three healthy children. He saved the life of our third son. I have recommended my colleagues and friends see him as well. He and his team are outstanding.
Regan Bergmark, MD in Boston, MA – Oct 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
Amazing, caring physician. He always meets me in his office before the exam to actually talk to me first. This is so rare, and so needed in the world of medicine now. As a surgeon, he is fabulous as well. Office staff is great.
Marcy in Wellesley Hills, MA – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
Dr. Greenberg would not listen to my concerns and refused to do a complete hysterectomy because I was "too young" despite the fact that he took the parts needed to have children!! Now, a few years later I'm off to the oncologist to deal with the very concerns I tried desperately to express. Thank You!! Office staff are beyond rude, and just blatantly lie about it. If you do voice your frustration, you may hear 'leave her on hold--maybe she'll just hang up'. I did!! INEXCUSABLE!!!
Aug 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Greenberg for over two years with a fibroid problem. For two years he has been saying it was up to me to have a surgery. That is while I was having all the side effects of having a large fibroid. Once I decided to go for surgery and the surgery day came I got very sick with the flu and had to postpone. Dr. Greenberg got very upset and his secretary told me that he doesn't want to operate on me anymore and that I had to go and look for another doctor. My sad story!
West Newton, MA – Jul 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Greenberg's for almost 2 decades. I have complete trust in his decisions and the staff is extremely friendly (and has been virtually the same group of women since I began going to the practice). I came to him first for a false/positive cancer scare and he was thorough and attentive to that very scary situation. Since then, I've had two children and continue to travel almost an hour to his practice because of the top level of care he provides.
Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
I started going to see Dr. Greenberg 5 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. He is down to earth, smart and kind. He has a great sense of humor and really cares about his patients. It is not very often you find a doctor who is smart, down to earth and has great bedside manner. All around great guy and amazing ob/gyn!
Jamie Pierce in Hyde Park, MA – Mar 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
My first experience meeting Dr. Greenberg was an enlightening experience. He was very forthcoming and honest with a sense of humor. Coming from a physician I appreciated that. With my specific health condition he started my medical treatments and then gave great referrals when I moved out of state. He was always available for second opinions or to ease my concerns. Now here I am 8 years later about to deliver my first child and I'm honored to have Dr. Greenberg perform the delivery.
Tynika Dunn in Bronx, New York – May 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
Being a high risk ob patient at the age of 39 I was terrified. Dr Greenberg eased all my fear answered EVERY question with a smile even the most rediculous ones. I was extremely ill for 22 weeks, he made sure the baby and I were safe and he never once made me feel worried or concerned. He was kind and his knowledge is astounding. Even when I would receive not so good news I always left with a smile, do to his excellent bedside manner. I have never been more satisfied with my healthcare. KJ
K Johnson in Boston, ma – May 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
Typically one develops a bond with their OB/GYN and it continues as they deliver their children and moves into the GYN relationship. I moved and had to find a new Doc . Dr G's personalized approach makes you feel welcome and important from your very first visit. He calls you in the invites you to his office where he chats about whatever ails you. He also makes sure your meds are cleaned up on the gateway link. This 62yr old wants to Thank you and I was so glad my ovary was ok. You are a gift!
Brenda in Hollis, NH – May 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?
I just had my first appointment with Dr. James Greenberg and found it the shortest appointment ever. He does not pay attention to his patients and spends very little time with them. I did not get a good explanation of my problem and left to go and see another specialist. Staff is rude as well.
Kristen in Newtonville, MA – Apr 12, 2016
Dear Kristen, Now that Healthgrades allows us to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Greenberg, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Greenberg?

Our goal is to provide patient centered medical care based on mutual trust and communication.  Each of our patients is treated as an individual with...Read more

Dr. Jim Greenberg completed his post-graduate residency education in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at the Brigham & Women's and Massachusetts...Read more

• Obstetrics & Gynecology