Dr. James Gould, MD

Dr. James Gould, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. James Gould, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Saint Louis, MO. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

1588 S Lindbergh Blvd # 210

Saint Louis, MO 63131

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Advantra
  • Alliance Health Care

Learn about Dr. Gould

See how frequently Dr. Gould performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Sinusitis
Sinusitis
Outer Ear Infection

Dr. Gould's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gould "Dr. James D. Gould, an internationally recognized pioneer, expert, and researcher of In-Office Balloon Sinus Dilation, is the founder and medical director of Synergy ENT Specialists and the St. Louis Sinus Center.

Dr. Gould is a board-certified Otolaryngologist who completed his residency training at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - the nation's premiere Otolaryngology program. While at the University, Dr. Gould received special honors for his award winning research in basic science.

Dr. Gould has a special interest in Allergy and Rhinology and is a Fellow of both the American Rhinologic Society and the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery. Dr. Gould is also a member of the American College of Surgeons, the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, and the American Medical Association.

Dr. Gould is committed to offering the most cutting-edge, state-of-the-art technology to his patients while providing the most comprehensive sinus care in the region."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Labyrinthitis

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergy Shots
  • Allergy Testing
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Parathyroid Surgery
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Rhinoscopy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skin Cancer Surgery With Reconstruction
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• University of Virginia
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Washington University School Of Medicine/Barnes-Jewish Hospital
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Washington University School Of Medicine/Barnes-Jewish Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Washington University School of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Gould has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gould does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gould and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gould's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gould to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Gould's Performance
in Broseley,Mo |
Dr Gould listens to you and cares for his patients.
Much appreciated!
in St Louis, MO |
Convenient online access to schedule/update appointments, access required forms, and view patient records. No wait time in the waiting room, with minimal wait time in the exam room. Dr. Gould was thorough in explaining diagnosis and treatment options, ensuring all questions were answered. Treatment/follow up appointments were available without extended wait, and all were scheduled before I left the office,
We value feedback such as yours. Thank you!
in Ballwin, MO |
Dr. Gould & his staff are excellent at making you feel comfortable & at communicating about your diagnosis & planned treatment. So glad I found out about sinus balloon dilation after suffering with problems for years. In addition, their website is very informative & it answers a lot of the questions about what causes sinus problems & how they're treated. Very pleased that the dilation procedure was done in-office without general anesthetic & the recovery time is so quick.
Thanks for taking time to provide us feedback!
in Saint Louis, MO |
I performed internet research with the goal of finding a solution to 66 years of sinusitis and the dreaded post-nasal drip. I centered upon the St. Louis Sinus Center and Dr. Gould. The cleanliness of the office and more importantly, the smiling, upbeat and friendly staff was impressive. The evaluation/scan results were as expected. I received excellent pre-op advice and the procedure went as expected with minimal discomfort. The entire staff were competent, friendly and seasoned.
Walter Lamkin, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.
in St Louis, MO |
After suffering for many years with sinus issues, Dr. Gould changed my life with a simple, painless procedure. I cannot believe I waited so long for relief that I got immediate results from. Dr Gould and his team were so kind and professional. Thank you so much!!
Karen, your feedback is greatly appreciated!
in Imperial mo |
I had a surgery, and balloon implanted in my nose by James Gould. I can say I am very impressed and thankful that I can finally breathe and smell. Ive never seen such a professional doctor with his office team of course. The service was great the time it took me to get in there and out was very fast and proficient. Everyone was very professional and helpful . So please if you have sinus problem go see this doctor he is the best!!!!!!
Amra, Thank you for the kind review!
in St Louis, MO |
I use to yawn so much and was tired a lot. Now I have so much energy, I'm like a new person. Kinda feel 10 years younger.
in Eureka, MO |
Excellent procedure . Very happy with the results and the treatment. I would recommend this procedure and Dr Gould.
in St Louis, MO |
I recently visited the St Louis Sinus Center for the first time and was extremely impressed. Dr Gould provided me with a firm recommendation to solve my sinusitis and his staff was great.
in Poplar Bluff,Mo |
Excellent service and quality care given to me by Dr. Gould and his awesome staff! Highly recommend to anyone that has sinus issues and concerns.
in St Louis, MO |
I'm so glad I chose to see Dr. Gould! He is extremely thorough and professional. His staff is very friendly and go out of their way to make my appointment smooth! I would definitely recommend Dr. Gould to anyone who has sinus problems!
in O Fallon, MO |
I highly recommend Dr. Gould and his team to anyone with a sinus condition. I came to Dr. Gould to review the options for a chronic sinus condition i've had since my youth and now much older (think 50). after testing for environmental allergens and a sinus scan i opted for initially a balloon sinuplasty procedure. I can say that i'm able to breath better than ever through my nasal passages after couple days !
in Fenton, MO |
I went to Dr. Gould for a consult after seeing a story about him on our local Show Me St. Louis program. The procedure he performed is the best step I have ever taken to dealing with my sinus issues. We are so pleased with the results that my son is going to see him as well! His staff is courteous and friendly You are greeted when you enter the waiting area by the receptionists. The wait times are relatively short and I have NEVER been rushed during an appointment. Thank you, Dr. Gould!!!
in Arnold, MO |
After 3 previous sinus surgical procedures and several sinus office visits, I saw a billboard for Dr. Gould. I scheduled an appt. I was a candidate for balloon sinuplasty. The procedure was easier than getting cavities filled at a dentist office. Slight to no pain at all!. He is the only doctor to do blood test for immune deficiency and with the results I now get allergy injections. Post surgery for several months now and elated with the results.
in Barnhart, MO |
Dr. Gould performed the balloon sinus dilation procedure on me two years ago and it was very successful at stopping my constant sinus infections. The procedure was painless and Dr. Gould is so compassionate about not wanting me to be uncomfortable. He's excellent at listening and answering my questions. He truly cares about his patients. His staff at the Festus office is exceptional. I receive allergy shots at his office that have helped my allergies tremendously. I highly recommend Dr. Gould.
in Festus, MO |
The staff is great and friendly they are quick to learn you by name. Everyone there works as a team and sees you as a patient (friend) not a number. They are easy to get in for an emergency and their schedule is very convenient.
Have you seen Dr. James Gould, MD?

Visit Dr. Gould

Dr. Gould accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Advantra