Dr. James R. Gordon, MD

Dr. James R. Gordon, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Westchester Eye Associates 450 Mamaroneck Ave # 402, Harrison, NY 10528 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Gordon's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Gordon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gordon

Dr. Gordon accepts 24 insurance carriers

24 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gordon has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Gordon

Dr. Gordon's Review Details
4.9 based on 98 responses
Experience with Dr. Gordon
Dr. Gordon's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (95)
in Westchester, NY |
Dr. Gordon is the real deal. He is not only a great doctor but someone who genuinely cares about his patients. In this day and age of impersonal service - Dr. Gordon is a throwback to the "good old days," when doctors seemed to care more. I've had a myriad of sight threatening issues in the last 18 months and Dr. Gordon was the steady hand that identified and guided me through a retinal detachment and a cataract surgery. My eyesight is 20/20 in that eye, when I could have otherwise been blind
in Bronx, NY |
Not only great at what he does but he's also a kind and patient human being. Rare to find! God knows how detail oriented I am but he didn't seem to mind. Answered all my questions, did a fantastic job. I would give 10 stars if I could :-) Thank you dr. Gordon, keep up the good work. I'll be back !!:-)
in New York, NY |
Excellent surgeon! Took good care of me and my mother. Forever grateful!
in Hartsdale, NY |
I am a patient of Dr. Gordon and I have been treated with a high level of professionalism by all members of the staff. My surgery was performed with skill and caring.I very glad that Dr. Gordon was recommended by a close friend.
in White Plains, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Gordon. He is a knowledgeable doctor, who is friendly and a pleasure to go see. He takes his time and never rushes my appointments, while always patiently answering every question I ever ask. I wanted to have LASIK for so long and finally convinced myself to do it about a month ago. Dr. Gordon performed the surgery and did an amazing job. I am so happy with the results, and recommend Dr. Gordon to anyone who is interested in the procedure. Worth every penny!
in New Rochelle, NY |
Far exceeds my likelihood of recommending Dr. Gordon to EVERYONE! I admire his artistry on me, as well as his personable nature. I never felt as comfortable in a doctor's office. This doctor is a gem, true keeper once you found him. Highly recommended.
in Valhalla, NY |
I had cataract procedure done by Dr James Gordon and it was perfect start to finish with better results than expected. The office and staff are very understanding and professional. I would highly recommend him to all my family/friends
in Yonkers, NY |
Dr. Gordon has done my cataract surgeries and also eye lifts. Everything has worked out perfectly. Dr. Gordon had described in detail each procedure. I was completely satisfied with all outcomes.
in Scarsdale, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Gordon from friends in my area who have been treated by him with surgery, fillers and botox. Went in to get a botox touch up and was impressed by the amazing job he did to remove my wrinkles. I will be back to see him regularly.
in White Plains, NY |
all around top doctor. his injection techniques are remarkable. i see the results i want. will use him again.
in Bronx, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Gordon to my family and friends. He was very nice and honest.
Elmont, NY |
I can't say enough about Dr. Gordon.. I will sum it up with 3 words: Honest, Caring and Incredible. I had 4 eyelid blepharoplasty which he performed on a Saturday for me (it was the most convenient day for me). We chatted about everything and the time flew by. Now I'm 1 month out from surgery and love the results. He called me the night of surgery and the day after. I made the right choice choosing Dr. Gordon.
Harrison, NY |
VERY SMART, KIND AND FUNNY!!!
in New York, NY |
Every penny and minute well spent with this #1 DOCTOR!
in Larchmont, NY |
I had cataract surgery on both eyes i do not have to wear glasses for distance any more, colors are brighter and I can drive at night again. Thank you Dr. Gordon
New York, NY |
BEST & MOST HONEST SURGEON I went for consultation with Dr. James Gordon. I told him I wanted him to do anything that would make me look better, thereby giving him cart-blanche. He said that I should just do my lower eyelid blepharoplasty, because it would be the biggest bang for the buck. I asked about fillers and my upper eyelids. The good doctor explained that he could perform additional procedures, but I should focus on what would really make the most significant difference. THANK YOU !
in Bronx,Ny |
Ptosis surgery with Dr. Gordon. Results are amazing. His staff was excellent and the whole experience was rather painless and pleasant. Dr. Gordon gets an A+ from me.
in Astoria, new york |
Great Gordon Doctor - everything went well, no one thing to complain!
in Scarsdale, NY |
Dr Gordon has a skill set that is difficult to find in doctors today. He knows how to set your mind at ease while being able to deal with some of the most sensitive issues you have to face. I cannot make enough positive comments about my experience with him and would highly recommend him. Other medical colleagues of mine have the same high opinion of him
in New York, NY |
Simply terrific! Fixed my droopy lids & eye bags. Totally ecstatic with my results!
in White Plains,NY |
I had 2 cataracts removed by Dr Gordon.The results were amazing.I don't wear glasses anymore.I use CVS bought readers.Dr Gordon has a great manner and I recommend him !
Have you seen Dr. Gordon?
Are you Dr. Gordon? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Gordon

• Bags Under Eyes
  • Cataract
  • Cataract Surgery Complications
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• LASIK
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Non-Surgical Facelift
  • Perlane® Injection
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Restylane® Injections

No malpractice history found for New York.

Sackler School Of Medicine, Tel Aviv University

Oculoplastics At St Vincent's Hospital and Med Center

Completed in 2001

Emory University

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Gordon has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Gordon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gordon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Gordon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Gordon

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Gordon's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Gordon

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Gordon's Care Philosophy

The best advice I was given when I joined my father in practice was his saying, "Treat every patient as if they were your own mother." I take pride in helping people see better and look their best. I always put in the time and effort to provide the best care for all patients with the passion to get my patients the best possible outcomes. I strive to restore and enhance my patients' appearance while preserving a natural look.