Dr. James Gordon, MD

Dr. James Gordon, MD

Ophthalmology  |
ABOUT Dr. GORDON Award winning oculofacial plastic surgeon and board certified ophthalmologist Dr. James R. Gordon has over sixteen years of extensive experience in eyelid and facial rejuvenation. He has performed thousands of procedures, from common eyelid enhancement to major reconstructive surgery. Dr. Gordon has a particular expertise in the handling of challenging, complex cases and is widely known as the "physician's physician", having operated on many doctors and their family members. His patients include numerous well-known celebrities & high profile business executives. Recognized as one of the top cosmetic doctors in The New York Times, Dr. Gordon has been consistently named to Castle Connolly's Top Doctors and Westchester Magazine's Top Docs. He has earned many prestigious awards and distinctions, including the Vitals' Most Compassionate Doctor Award, Patients' Choice Award, Top 10 Doctor Award, NewBeauty Magazine's Top Beauty Doctor, RealSelf Top Doctors and ExpertInjector™ for cosmetic facial fillers & injectables. Dr. Gordon appears frequently in major media outlets, including CBS, OK! Magazine, Good Housekeeping, NewBeauty, Woman's Day & Redbook. PRACTICE PHILOSOPHY "When I joined my father in practice, he gave me the advice that guides me to this day: Treat every patient as if they were your mother. This has really served me well as I strive to relate to every patient," says Dr. Gordon. He dedicates his time to hearing patients' unique stories and partners with them to develop individualized makeover plans. When necessary, Dr. Gordon explains why some patients are not good candidates for surgery and recommend other solutions without upselling unnecessary procedures. Dr. Gordon only performs a procedure if he truly believes he can achieve the targeted results. His goal is to refine patients' beauty without changing their natural features. With his impeccable surgical skill, keen artistic eye and warm bedside manner, Dr. Gordon is consistently named a Top Doctor by peers & patients from around the globe.. AWARDS & HONORS Dr. Gordon is honored to be chosen by physicians and patients as the Top 1% of doctors in the nation. Named as one of the top cosmetic doctors in The New York Times, Dr. Gordon is repeatedly listed in Castle Connolly's Top Doctors and Westchester Magazine's Top Docs. Throughout his career, Dr. Gordon has earned numerous prestigious awards and distinctions, including Vitals' Most Compassionate Doctor Award, Patients' Choice Award, Top 10 Doctor Award, U.S. News & World Report Best Doctors, NewBeauty Magazine's Top Beauty Doctor and RealSelf Top Doctors. Dr. Gordon is also one of 3% of doctors qualified as an ExpertInjector™ by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) & the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS). PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS Dr. Gordon is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and fellowship trained in Oculoplastic Surgery. In addition to his New York and Connecticut state medical licenses, Dr. Gordon is a proud Fellow of American College of Cosmetic Surgery, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) and American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS). Dr. Gordon is also a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and New York State Ophthalmological Society. PIONEER AND INNOVATOR Dr. Gordon pioneered the research and development of the LightPod Era and was the first doctor in the U.S. to utilize the world's only portable erbium laser for skin resurfacing. Today, he trains many physicians throughout the country in its use. Dr. Gordon also serves on the Aerolase Medical Advisory Board to share key insights and industry trends. As part of his on going commitment to patient care and innovation, Dr. James Gordon has combined his specialized expertise in ophthalmology and cosmetic eyelid surgery to develop Drop N' Lift™ — an instant method to lift a drooping eyelid with an eye drop.

450 Mamaroneck Ave # 402

Harrison, NY 10528

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Fidelis Care

Learn about Dr. Gordon

See how frequently Dr. Gordon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Eyelid Spasm
Corneal Diseases
Eye Infections

Dr. Gordon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gordon "The best advice I was given when I joined my father in practice was his saying, "Treat every patient as if they were your own mother." I take pride in helping people see better and look their best. I always put in the time and effort to provide the best care for all patients with the passion to get my patients the best possible outcomes. I strive to restore and enhance my patients' appearance while preserving a natural look."

• Ophthalmology

• Cataract Surgery Complications
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Eyelid Growth
  • Eyelid Spasm
  • Floaters
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nearsightedness

• Laser Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Non-Surgical Facelift
  • Perlane® Injection
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Skin Grafts

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Emory University
  • St Vincent's Hospital and Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Oculoplastics At St Vincent's Hospital and Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Gordon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gordon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gordon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gordon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gordon to family and friends
Dr. Gordon Says:

New York boasts some of the best oculofacial plastic surgeons in the nation. As a second generation New York surgeon who is repeatedly listed as a "Top Doctor" and recognized in the press, Dr. James R. Gordon continually strives to be the best doctor for his patients. Every patient and their thoughts are very important to Dr. Gordon and he appreciates them taking the time to give their honest...

Dr. Gordon's Performance
in New York, NY |
Flawless process, couldn’t recommend Dr Gordon any more highly - painless, quick, and perfect procedure. He’s great, super friendly, and my eyes are 20-20 6 months later with 0 issues! Highly recommended!
New York, NY |
Amazing experience! Dr. Gordon is very honest and trustworthy. I had a wonderful consultation and will definitely be going back to Dr. Gordon once I am ready to get my procedure done. Highly recommend.
in Tuckhaoe, NY |
I highly recommend that you check out Dr. James Gordon for his professionalism, honesty - "Super Gifted Talented Surgeon" I am glad I went to see him after reading the reviews 4days ago for advice for the lower hollow under the eyes. He suggested the fillers instead of surgery due to my situation of under eyes. He injected 1st round of fillers & wow the results are awesome with no pain/no bruises. I am thrilled to see him again in 5weeks. If you want the real deal Dr. Gordon is the one.
New York, NY |
Excellent physician with excellent results. Highly trusted; highly recommended to family and friends.
Excellent doctor!!!
NY, NY |
Dr. Gordon is the best doctor I have even seen. He is very kind, honest and skilled. You can see it once you meet him. And my results after my procedure was just great. I cannot be mire thankful to have found Dr. Gordon.
in New Jersey |
Extraordinary talent & artistry. I saw Dr Gordon after a terrible lower bleph and a second surgery by a specialist to remediate. I didn't want additional surgery but was drawn by the wide range of non-surgical options he offers. The only thing he felt I needed was filler in the tear troughs and botox around the outer eye. We did both and I am thrilled with the results. And he does more than just eyes. He also did my laugh lines & cheek hollows. I look 15 yrs younger! Will definitely be returning
in New York, NY |
Spectacular! The reviews are 100% true. I wanted a procedure done and he explained precisely what I was seeing and why it wasn't necessary and talked me right out of it. So damn honest I couldn't believe it. I really wish we had more doctors like this. Looking to have some great work done and want a true to honest human being head over to see Dr. Gordon, just great.
in White Plains, NY |
I consulted with Dr. Gordon about a correction needed after a BAD cosmetic surgery. I developed an under eye bag and some asymmetry after said surgery. When he saw me he said he will not perform a bleferoplasty but will correct the asymmetry and the eye bag with fillers. He did the fillers and I'm very happy. The injections were pain free, with no anesthetic even on my lips and zero bruising. I look like my old self not done at all. Excelent an honest doctor.
in White Plains, NY |
Dr Gordon has performed 4 successful operations on my eyes. He is a real professional and treats you like you are his only patient. I strongly recommend him. He and his staff are very pleasant as well as professional.
in New Rochelle, NY |
I've seen many MANY doctors about BAD surgery I had before. Finally I made an appointment with Dr. James Gordon. He not only comforted me, but gave me realistic hope. He operated on my eyelids and mid-face and turned me back to my prettier days. I am forever grateful. I give TOP marks to this old fashioned, but young surgeon. Many thanks!!
in White Plains, NY |
I would give him a 10 if I could. Was seeing an Eye Dr. who told me my problem was my imagination My Optometrist advised me to see another eye doctor. I made many calls Dr Gordon agreed to see me and then steer me in right direction. Well 5 mins with him and he diagnosed me. He makes calls for you, double checks things he recommends. I can't say enough about him, and always says if I am having problems to call him. Very knowledgeable and compassionate. I highly recommend him.
in New Rochelle, NY |
Dr. Gorden is an incredible surgeon. I had cataract surgery in both eyes and now I can see perfectly without glasses for the first time in over 50 years. Thank you Dr. Gordon for your expertise and kindness.
in Miami, FL |
Made my sad, tired eyelids look happy and awake!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Gordon --- An Exceptional Surgeon! On the day of surgery I felt no pain and the day after my surgery I felt all well. His experience and skills are superior. I would not hesitate in giving Dr. Gordon my highest recommendation.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Gordon is an incredible doctor, with the utmost professionalism and expertise. I am so grateful to him for taking the time to explain everything about the procedure to me, and for his extremely detailed approach to perfecting the filler injections. Even though I only had one day in New York, he made sure that I would leave satisfied despite being unable to visit for a follow up appointment if need be. He is very friendly, and genuinely seemed to care about me as a patient.
in Westchester, NY |
Very competent Doctor. I chose him to perform my LASIK surgery because I was impressed with his experience and it really showed. Plus he is a very genuine guy. I highly recommend.
in Jersey City |
Doctor Gordon is great! I'm a 30 year old woman with a slight hooded lid, so slight that I'm probably the only one that sees it. My plan has always been to get a blepharoplasty when I turn 40 but once I turned 30 I thought, might as well do it now and enjoy it in my 30s. When I went to see Doctor Gordon he told me that its so slight, if he were to do anything it would look artificial. He is all about quality. I will be seeing him in 10 years. I highly recommend him.
in Westchester, NY |
Dr. Gordon is the real deal. He is not only a great doctor but someone who genuinely cares about his patients. In this day and age of impersonal service - Dr. Gordon is a throwback to the "good old days," when doctors seemed to care more. I've had a myriad of sight threatening issues in the last 18 months and Dr. Gordon was the steady hand that identified and guided me through a retinal detachment and a cataract surgery. My eyesight is 20/20 in that eye, when I could have otherwise been blind
in Bronx, NY |
Not only great at what he does but he's also a kind and patient human being. Rare to find! God knows how detail oriented I am but he didn't seem to mind. Answered all my questions, did a fantastic job. I would give 10 stars if I could :-) Thank you dr. Gordon, keep up the good work. I'll be back !!:-)
in New York, NY |
Excellent surgeon! Took good care of me and my mother. Forever grateful!
in Hartsdale, NY |
I am a patient of Dr. Gordon and I have been treated with a high level of professionalism by all members of the staff. My surgery was performed with skill and caring.I very glad that Dr. Gordon was recommended by a close friend.
in White Plains, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Gordon. He is a knowledgeable doctor, who is friendly and a pleasure to go see. He takes his time and never rushes my appointments, while always patiently answering every question I ever ask. I wanted to have LASIK for so long and finally convinced myself to do it about a month ago. Dr. Gordon performed the surgery and did an amazing job. I am so happy with the results, and recommend Dr. Gordon to anyone who is interested in the procedure. Worth every penny!
in New Rochelle, NY |
Far exceeds my likelihood of recommending Dr. Gordon to EVERYONE! I admire his artistry on me, as well as his personable nature. I never felt as comfortable in a doctor's office. This doctor is a gem, true keeper once you found him. Highly recommended.
in Valhalla, NY |
I had cataract procedure done by Dr James Gordon and it was perfect start to finish with better results than expected. The office and staff are very understanding and professional. I would highly recommend him to all my family/friends
in Yonkers, NY |
Dr. Gordon has done my cataract surgeries and also eye lifts. Everything has worked out perfectly. Dr. Gordon had described in detail each procedure. I was completely satisfied with all outcomes.
in Scarsdale, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Gordon from friends in my area who have been treated by him with surgery, fillers and botox. Went in to get a botox touch up and was impressed by the amazing job he did to remove my wrinkles. I will be back to see him regularly.
in White Plains, NY |
all around top doctor. his injection techniques are remarkable. i see the results i want. will use him again.
in Bronx, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Gordon to my family and friends. He was very nice and honest.
Elmont, NY |
I can't say enough about Dr. Gordon.. I will sum it up with 3 words: Honest, Caring and Incredible. I had 4 eyelid blepharoplasty which he performed on a Saturday for me (it was the most convenient day for me). We chatted about everything and the time flew by. Now I'm 1 month out from surgery and love the results. He called me the night of surgery and the day after. I made the right choice choosing Dr. Gordon.
Harrison, NY |
VERY SMART, KIND AND FUNNY!!!
in New York, NY |
Every penny and minute well spent with this #1 DOCTOR!
in Larchmont, NY |
I had cataract surgery on both eyes i do not have to wear glasses for distance any more, colors are brighter and I can drive at night again. Thank you Dr. Gordon
New York, NY |
BEST & MOST HONEST SURGEON I went for consultation with Dr. James Gordon. I told him I wanted him to do anything that would make me look better, thereby giving him cart-blanche. He said that I should just do my lower eyelid blepharoplasty, because it would be the biggest bang for the buck. I asked about fillers and my upper eyelids. The good doctor explained that he could perform additional procedures, but I should focus on what would really make the most significant difference. THANK YOU !
in Bronx,Ny |
Ptosis surgery with Dr. Gordon. Results are amazing. His staff was excellent and the whole experience was rather painless and pleasant. Dr. Gordon gets an A+ from me.
in Astoria, new york |
Great Gordon Doctor - everything went well, no one thing to complain!
in Scarsdale, NY |
Dr Gordon has a skill set that is difficult to find in doctors today. He knows how to set your mind at ease while being able to deal with some of the most sensitive issues you have to face. I cannot make enough positive comments about my experience with him and would highly recommend him. Other medical colleagues of mine have the same high opinion of him
in New York, NY |
Simply terrific! Fixed my droopy lids & eye bags. Totally ecstatic with my results!
in White Plains,NY |
I had 2 cataracts removed by Dr Gordon.The results were amazing.I don't wear glasses anymore.I use CVS bought readers.Dr Gordon has a great manner and I recommend him !
Have you seen Dr. James Gordon, MD?
Are you Dr. Gordon?

Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
  • Fidelis Care
    Fidelis Care HMO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA