Dr. James Goldman, MD

Dr. James Goldman, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. James Goldman, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Scottsdale, AZ. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Read his story

7245 E Osborn Rd Ste 4

Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Learn about Dr. Goldman

See how frequently Dr. Goldman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Keratitis
high
Glaucoma
high
Sjögren's Syndrome

Dr. Goldman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Goldman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Goldman "Dr. James Goldman is a medical eye care provider specializing in cataract surgery and general ophthalmology. He has been in practice since 2007 and has performed thousands of successful surgeries using Micro Incision and No Stitch techniques. Patients who see Dr. Goldman benefit from his experience as a corneal and refractive surgeon. He is currently focused on refractive cataract surgery and general ophthalmology. Medical training began early for Dr. Goldman, having been granted acceptance to an eight-year medical program at the University of Rochester while in high school. Majoring in neurosciences, he graduated cum laude and received numerous academic awards. He completed his medical internship in Rochester and was recognized by the department as "Intern of the Year". He then received training as an ophthalmologist at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois and served as Chief Resident. Following residency, he was accepted into the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, Florida, the #1 ranked school for ophthalmology training in the nation. There he completed an anterior segment fellowship specializing in microsurgery of the lens, cornea, and laser vision correction, and published research involving advanced techniques in cataract and corneal surgery. In his early years, Dr. Goldman was known as "James the Juggler" having performed regularly at nursing homes and founding a volunteer project to use juggling as a recreational therapy for learning disabled children and victims of brain injury. His efforts were recognized in the New York Times and by the State Medical Society as outstanding contributions in community service. Dr. Goldman and his staff are passionate about educating patients and helping them make the best decision regarding elective options including astigmatism correcting lenses, multifocal lenses, intraoperative aberrometry, laser-based cataract surgery, and other new and emerging technologies. Dr. Goldman strives to help patients achieve visual results that fit their lifestyle and individual needs. His patients describe him as professional, informative, and compassionate."

• Ophthalmology

• Eye Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Glaucoma Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Goldman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Goldman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goldman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Goldman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Goldman to family and friends
Dr. Goldman's Performance
in Glendale AZ |
My cataract surgery by Dr. Goldman was fast, painless and resulted in near perfect vision using the ORA procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Goldman for your cataract surgery needs.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I have had two cataract surgeries done by Dr. Goldman on both eyes - four in total - one in 2011 and the second in 2017. All were 5 stars from EVERY standpoint: 1) waiting time (no more than 10 minutes at AZ Eye and 20 minutes at the surgery center); 2) thoroughness of pre-exam; 3) clarity of explanation and understanding of expectations; 4) quality of procedure, and 5) aftercare. It just does not get any better than this and I recommend Dr. Goldman to anyone without reservation! Thanks SO much!
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Goldman did an exceptional job on my cataract surgery. He was very professional and personable. He takes the time to explain in detail the process. The results were fantastic.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I recommend Dr Goldman for "all things cataract". His knowledge, obvious experience, and relaxed demeanor were quite calming and reassuring to me throughout the process. Going in I had worn glasses my entire adult life. I was legally blind in my non-dominant eye due to cataract and had trifocal corrected vision in my dominate eye with cataract. After cataract surgery / lens replacement for both eyes with Dr Goldman I can function fully with both eyes and no longer require glasses at all!
in Cave Creek, AZ |
As a physician I pick and choose my physicians very carefully, not because they tell me what I want to hear, but for their honest advice and caring personality. That extra moment of explanation and discussion about my fears and feelings makes all the difference in keeping me well. As my wife frequently comes with me Dr. Goldman is the rare physician who takes the time to explain whats happening to her in non-physician terms. Always ready to take an extra minute to answer questions. TRULY A GEM.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Goldman just operated on my cataract and I could not be happier. He is an absolutely awesome doctor. He is always professional, yet personable and a very skilled surgeon. I had appointments at two different offices, one in Gilbert and one in Scottsdale and was pleased both times. The offices ran smoothly, friendly staff and little waiting time. Dr. G. also is patient answering my questions and provides clear explanations. And I can see so much better. I do recommend Dr. Goldman.
in Orland Park, IL |
We have been seen by Dr. Goldman at least annually for about three or four years. Recently I had cataract surgery and am doing great. We have never been more pleased with a doctor. He takes the time to explain things and answer your questions. Most importantly, its the excellent results we have experienced that will keep us coming back.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Does not care about treating your eye problems but will suggest one million different options instead of figuring out the root of the problem. Wait time to see him is over an hour. Won't remember you if you've seen him multiple times before.
in carefree, AZ |
as i thought about this survey it occurred to me that dr..goldman fit the true definition the doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. he not only fixed my eye site but he made my visits with him a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
in San Tan Valley, AZ |
needed to be seen immediately for questionable symptoms. Was scheduled same day and very satisfied with office and doctor
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I recently had Cataract Surgery by Dr. James Goldman on my left eye. First Dr. Goldman took the time to fully explain the surgery along with all the good and bad potential happenings and answered all my questions prior to the surgery. Dr. Goldman talked to me on the operating table, at the completion, that everything went very well. He even called me that night, at home to see how I was doing. His whole approach was set to alleviate any anguish I might have had. I recommend him highly.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I have nothing but praise for Dr. Goldman. I have been extremely impressed before and after my recent cataract surgery. He is not only highly skilled and professional but also thoughtful. He explained everything and calmed me before surgery and even personally called that evening after surgery.
in Gilbert, Ariz |
Dr Goldman is fantastic! He is always on time, explains everything thoroughly, and I would recommend him highly. If you are looking for an honest, very skilled eye doctor- then this is the doctor for you. Our eyes are so important to us, and I would only trust them to Dr Goldman. Thank you Dr Goldman for all you do! Valorie O Gilbert, Az
in San Tan Valley, Az. |
Dr. Goldman removed both my cataracts. All procedures where precise, on time and well explained. I received the care I would have expected from my father, an Ophthalmologist, except the hugs.
Have you seen Dr. James Goldman, MD?
Are you Dr. Goldman?