Dr. James Goldenberg, MD

Dr. James Goldenberg, MD

Neurology | Male | 54 years old

To provide state of the art medical care in partnership with my patients. Listening is the key to accurate diagnoses. I rely on all available treatment options and include non pharmacologic treatment when appropriate. I limit the number of patients seen daily to allow adequate visit time and ensure on time appointments.Read more

Personal Bio

I am a Board Certified Neurologist practicing in Palm Beach County for over 20 years. My undergraduate training is in...Read more

Dr. Goldenberg's Experience

See how Dr. Goldenberg's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Goldenberg

Dr. Goldenberg accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Goldenberg has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Goldenberg
Dr. Goldenberg's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (35)
in West Palm Beach, FL |
i was referred to dr. goldenberg for intense headaches. from the minute he entered the room i was relieved. he has an extremely calming demeanor to go along with his re-assuring and confident approach, which continued throughout the treatment process. with some behavioral changes and medication, i was pain free a few months later! the office staff is fabulous too - very friendly & quick to respond. i never waited more than 10 minutes to be seen and phone calls were returned the same day.
West Palm Beach, FL |
After being ignored by four drs who passed me from one medical facility to the next instead of diagnosing the source of my extreme pain, I feel so fortunate to have found Dr G. Rather than blindly accept drs opinions and test results, he carefully listened to me and reviewed raw test data to draw his own conclusions resulting in a clear understanding of my condition and a recovery plan. His rare combination of expertise, attentiveness and calm will leave you feeling in the best hands possible.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Goldenberg has cared for my Mother Vera Tomlinson since 2007. My Mother sufferers from Alzheimer's. I was initially impressed with Doctor Goldenberg mannerism and patients with our Mother he consistently met or surpasses all of our expectations in a Physician. Doctor Goldenberg along with office manger Katrina Smith is a great team together. He comes highly recommended from our family.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I was diagnosed with leptomeningitis in 2013. I had constant headaches for years. I was sent to five different specialists with no results. In 2016, I found Dr. James Goldenberg at Medical Specialists Of The Palm Beaches. He put me on a new medication and I have not had headaches for several months now. Dr. G. was very thorough in reviewing my case. He answered all of my questions. He is totally professional and he instantly makes you feel comfortable. I would highly recommend this doctor.
Boca Raton, FL |
Office staff left us sitting in lobby, asked them 3 times to check if they know we're here. Finally office empty, went to window, told someone will be out to speak with us, but don't block the window. Then told the doctor left, didn't know we were here. This after 1hr and 45 min.
in Boca Raton, FL |
As the Mom of a big family, I have been to MANY Doctors. Dr. Goldenberg & his incredible office staff rate at the top ! I have had ONLY positive experiences. It is OBVIOUS by the way he interacts w/ patients that not only is he super competent as an MD, but kind and caring to the utmost degree. He is generous w/ his time, both in person and on the phone, and his deep concern for his patients' well being is apparent. Dr Goldenberg is an inspiring example of what we all look for in a Dr.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Very professional, pleasant and caring.
Have you seen Dr. James Goldenberg, MD?
Are you Dr. Goldenberg?

Dr. Goldenberg says...

I am a Board Certified Neurologist practicing in Palm Beach County for over 20 years. My undergraduate training is in Psychology from the University of Florida. My Medical Degree is from the University of South Florida. My neurology training and fellowship in neuromuscular disease were performed at the University of Miami.

I have served JFK Hospital in multiple leadership roles including Chairman of the Credentials Committee, Bylaws Committee and the Board of Trustees. I was the founding Medical Director of JFK Hospital's stroke program and have helped develop their Comprehensive Stroke Center.

I have served The Joint Commission as a disease specific surveyor in stroke, the first physician to hold that position nationally.

I practice neurology with Medical Specialists of the Palm Beaches and have served the organization previously in multiple leadership roles including President and Chairman of the Board.

I am a founding member of the JEM Research Institute, a clinical research organization that performs clinical trials to help develop new treatments predominantly in the area of neurology.

I am an advocate for patients and physicians at the local, regional, and national levels. I am the President of the Palm Beach County Medical Society. I serve the Florida Medical Association on the Payment Alternatives Task Force and the Council on Medical Economics and Practice Innovation. I serve the American Academy of Neurology on the Registry Committee, Government Relations Committee, and the Payment Alternatives Team. Through advocacy I would like to help patients physicians prepare for the changing healthcare landscape.

Dr. Goldenberg's Care Philosophy

Dr. Goldenberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Why It Matters: Dr. Goldenberg's Board Certifications

• Neurology

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Ataxia
  • Essential Tremor
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Memory Disorders
  • Meningiomas
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myopathy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

University of Miami / School of Medicine

Completed in 1994

University Of Florida Gainesville, Florida

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Goldenberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goldenberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

Narrow your results

These featured providers are brought to you by and are on medical staff at: