Dr. James Glover, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Northern Arizona Orthopaedics 1485 N Turquoise Dr Ste 200 Flagstaff, AZ 86001 Get Directions
Dr. James Glover, MD
Dr. Glover is a leading doctor in helping people regain their back health in Northern Arizona. An expert in the Spine and Pain Center, Dr. Glover brings more than 25 years of spine surgical experience to this region. He is fellowship trained in Orthopaedic Spine Surgery and is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Glover is a leader in many advanced spine procedures to help restore back health: Some of the more common are: Minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) Spinal Fusion Artificial disc replacement of lumbar spine Laminectomy Dr. Glover relocated to Flagstaff in 2005 after spending 12 years as an Air Force physician mostly in San Antonio, Texas and seven years in private practice in West Tennessee. In 2015, Dr. Glover was named Physician of the Year and received the 2015 Nathan Avery Physician of the Year award from Flagstaff Medical Center. He was the 22nd physician to be named Physician of the Year for exemplifying the organization's mission, vision and values and working in partnership with the hospital to provide excellence to patients and the community. Dr. Glover is an avid scuba diver, backpacker and climber. He and his wife, Christine, love the mountain environment that Flagstaff has to offer.

Dr. Glover's Care Philosophy

I support my patients' decisions by using a shared-decision making approach by taking into account their preferences, needs and values. I educate my patients' on how their wellness can have an influence on the success of a recommended treatment approach and how they can improve their wellness to achieve positive outcome. I use active listening skills to make sure I have the full understanding of what my patient's concerns, problems and expectations are to accurately diagnosis and prescribe a treatment plan. I believe in providing safe, effective, patient centered, efficient, timely and equitable care to all of my patients. I like to use electronic education sources when available to engage my patients in their learning about their problem I adhere to the four virtues that every physician should have: integrity, compassion, self-effacement and self-sacrifice and the two core principles of medical care: beneficence and respect for patient autonomy.

Dr. Glover's Experience

See how Dr. Glover's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Glover

Dr. Glover accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Glover is now accepting new patients
Northern Arizona Orthopaedics - Flagstaff1485 N Turquoise Dr Ste 200
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
(928) 774-7757Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Glover has admitting privileges.

Dr. Glover's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Glover to family and friends
based on 1 review (1 with a comment)
Dr. Glover Says:

Dr. Glover's Performance
in Clarkdale, AZ |
I could not have found a better Doctor if I searched the world over. I had very old hardware in my back (26 yrs) that was permanent, and a disc below that had slipped forward, other spinal specialist only offered physical therapy and pain meds. Dr. Glover listened to what I had to say, view my images, had a plan and executed it with precision. I'm 4 weeks post-op and am already 100% better than I was before. He has bedside manners and truly cares. His office staff is also very kind.
Have you seen Dr. James Glover, MD?
Are you Dr. Glover?

Compare Dr. Glover

Dr. Glover says...

Dr. Glover is a leading doctor in helping people regain their back health in Northern Arizona. An expert in the Spine and Pain Center, Dr. Glover brings more than 25 years of spine surgical experience to this region. He is fellowship trained in Orthopaedic Spine Surgery and is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.

• Minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS)
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Artificial disc replacement of lumbar spine
  • Laminectomy

Dr. Glover relocated to Flagstaff in 2005 after spending 12 years as an Air Force physician mostly in San Antonio, Texas and seven years in private practice in West Tennessee. In 2015, Dr. Glover was named Physician of the Year and received the 2015 Nathan Avery Physician of the Year award from Flagstaff Medical Center. He was the 22nd physician to be named Physician of the Year for exemplifying the organization's mission, vision and values and working in partnership with the hospital to provide excellence to patients and the community.

Dr. Glover's Care Philosophy

I use active listening skills to make sure I have the full understanding of what my patient's concerns, problems and expectations are to accurately diagnosis and prescribe a treatment plan.  I believe in providing safe, effective, patient centered, efficient, timely and equitable care to all of my patients.

Dr. Glover says...

I have been a physician for over 28 years and an orthopedic spine surgeon for over 20 years.  I also have 12 years of military medical experience during this time frame.  I treat mainly degenerative conditions of the neck and back such as spinal stenosis, deformity, degenerative/herniated discs, spinal cord/nerve compression and arthritis of the spine but also traumatic conditions of the spine and some pediatric deformity such as idiopathic scoliosis. I have done thousands of spinal cases in my career with an average between 200-300 spinal surgeries a year and also use advance techniques such as minimally invasive, motion sparing and computer navigated procedures.  I treat patients from children to the elderly.

Microdiscectomy

Laminectomy/Laminotomy lumbar and cervical

Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion

Cervical laminoplasty

Minimally invasive surgeries--direct lateral interbody fusion, computer navigated posterior lumbar interbody fusions, AxiaLIF, percutaneous instrumentation, kyphoplasty

Anterior lumbar interbody fusions

Motion sparing surgeries--total disc arthroplasty of the cervical and lumbar spine and interlaminar surgery with Coflex device

Complex spinal deformity

Revision spinal surgery

These are the main areas of my expertise.  I am committed to life long learning in orthopedic spine surgery to further advance my skills. I have attended specific continuing medical education courses sponsored by national organizations such as the National Association of Spinal Specialists, American Academy of Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Trauma Association and the AO Foundation to learn these techniques. I have also attended various industry sponsored continuing medical education courses as well. I have amassed thousands of continuing medical education credits over the last 20 years.

Dr. Glover says...

I value and appreciate my patients' feedback as this is the ultimate assessment of how well I perform as a physician and surgeon and helps me to learn from my patients and make the necessary changes to improve the patient experience and improve outcomes and my own delivery of care.  An important part of improving healthcare quality is what the patient has to say about how their care was provided professionally, clinically, personally and ethically.  I thank my patients for providing this feedback.

My patients can contact me through our patient portal on our website at www.northazortho.com once they have set up their username and password.  Our portal has a secure and patient health information protected way to communicate directly with me, my medical assistants and physician assistant. Our direct number into Northern Arizona Orthopaedics is 928-774-7757 and into the spine clinic is 928-226-2937. My Physician Assistant is Chelsie Word and my medical assistant is Savanna Crosser.  We work as a team to address all of our patient's needs.

Dr. Glover's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Glover has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Glover's Board Certifications

• Kyphosis
  • Lordosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuritis

Med College Wi

Completed in 1994

University of Texas / Austin Campus

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Glover does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Glover and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy