Dr. James Gardner, MD

Dr. James Gardner, MD

Plastic Surgery  |
Dr. James Gardner, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Summit, NJ. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 30 years.

33 Overlook Rd

Summit, NJ 07901

• EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Gardner

See how frequently Dr. Gardner performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Reconstruction
Breast Surgical Procedure
Gynecomastia

Dr. Gardner's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Plastic Surgery

• Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hidradenitis
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Third-Degree Burns

• Repair of Pigmentation Defect
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Umdnj--Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Cooper University Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • UMDNJ Newark University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Gardner has no media or publications listed.

• Greek

Dr. Gardner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gardner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gardner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gardner to family and friends
Dr. Gardner's Performance
in north brunswick, nj |
Dr. Gardner is an amazing doctor- he has a wonderful bed side manner, very confident and makes you feel comfortable. I love his office staff they are all wonderful, professional and caring.. I highly recommend Dr. Gardner.
in Linden, NJ |
He did my double mastectomy and it turned out terrible, I went back to Him and he said "yes that's not one of my better work" had every excuse and then asked him to fix a certain part and still wanted to charge me and then he did not take insurance. I don't even look at my self. He could of at least did the Areola to make me feel more like a women but again only if I paid. And admitting not his best work would not recommend him.
Judy,I'm not sure you have the right doctor I do not perform mastectomies but I do perform reconstructions. Also,your claim about insurance is totally false. I'm in almost every plan and have Never charged a patient for a nipple or areola reconstruction without going through insurance. If you truly are my patient or by accident another doctors patient ,I would be glad to evaluate you at no charge
in Toms River NJ |
The absolute best! Always takes the best care of me. I can talk to him on a personal level and feel comfortable with him.
Very professional and down to earth.
in Westfield, NJ |
Have not only seen Dr. Gardner for myself for couple of different procedures, but also have referred him to a few friends that were equally greatly satisfied with his work. An extremely ethical and excellent human being, He exceeded my expectations for the results of my surgery. His staff is equally caring for the patients that come to his care.
in Nj |
He is a horrible doctor, person and human being. Total lack of respect, gave me false hope on my outcome. Made false statements in my records and too me personally. The only staffer that is pleasant is Marie. When I had a concern about my level of pain he was dismissive and practically insinuated that I had a addiction to pain killers. He has a God like personality, never warm or caring. He came highly recommend, when I first met him I did like him. I sucked it up because I was told he was
Im very sorry that you had a bad experience with whom ever you saw. I never had a staff member whose name is Marie and don't have any patients with the name of Marty.
in Kenilworth |
Dr. Gardner performed my double mastectomy and reconstruction in 2015. The results were wonderful. He and his staff were very comforting and caring. I highly recommend him.
in Mendham, NJ |
I was born with one breast two cup sizes bigger than the other, and grew up to be so self conscious with a twist in my posture to conceal the unevenness. At 17, I had a consultation with Dr. Gardner, while I was still in the skeptical/stubborn mindset of wanting a natural non surgical solution. Within minutes, he answered all my fears with a calming confidence. We decided on a right saline breast implant with a left nipple lift and I could not be happier with the result. You can't even tell!
in Bayonne, NJ |
Had Breast reconstruction and tummy tuck. I was afraid at first about the surgery and what I would look like after. But Dr Gardner made me and my husband very comfortable on what my choices where. Dr Gardner, his office staff and the nurses and techs at Overlook hospital treated me with the up most respect. Thank you Dr Gardner for your great work.
Have you seen Dr. James Gardner, MD?

Visit Dr. Gardner