Dr. James Gallagher, MD

Dr. James Gallagher, MD

Critical Care Surgery  ·

Dr. James Gallagher, MD is a critical care surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 13 years. He specializes in critical care surgery and general surgery.

Weill Cornell Trauma, Burns, Acute and Critical Care

525 E 68th St

New York, NY 10065

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Gallagher

Dr. Gallagher's Experience

Dr. Gallagher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Critical Care Surgery
  • Board certified in Critical Care Surgery and General Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Gallagher "As a burn surgeon, I am privileged to care for the burn injured patient from the smallest child to the most senior members of our society. Burn injury is sometimes a small blister that requires only my reassurance that healing will take place naturally to complete devastation of the body, and at times a home and family. One of my greastest honors comes in my participation in the care of our injuried Fire Fighters. Being a New Yorker and having lost a family member who was a member of the FDNY, the ability to serve those who serve us is indeed a privilege.

Effective burn care is a result of paying close attention to detail as well as employing the state-of-the-art technology we have available here at NewYork-Presbyterian-Weill Cornell. Another important factor is to treat the whole person, not just the burn, being sensitive and aware of the many challenges burn patients and their families face as they recover and assisting them through our multi-disciplinary approach to burn care. Our goal is to facilitate complete reintegration into society for all the burn patients we treat, allowing them to lead happy and productive and painfree lives."

• Critical Care Surgery
  • General Surgery

• Critical Care Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*
  • General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Burn Injuries

• Burn Surgical Procedure

No malpractice history found for New York.

• State University Of New York Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Robert Packer Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Stony Brook University Medical Cente
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Gallagher has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gallagher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gallagher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gallagher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gallagher to family and friends

Dr. Gallagher's Performance

The staff and Dr. Gallagher are excellent in what they do. My two year old daughter suffered a second degree burn. The kind of care and concern they showed during our first visit exceeded my expectations. Thank you so much.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
The entire staff was amazing during my visits to the outpatient burn clinic. Professional and caring with a deep concern for my recovery and health.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Thanks to Dr. Gallagher evaluation of burn injuries that I suffered late last August 2017 I avoided A possible infection that might’ve cost me my legs or my life. I had seen in emergency room surgeon for days prior to seeing Dr. Gallagher. That surgeon did not recognize how serious and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
He is the best in his field and will recommend anyone who required burn treatment to see him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I went to see Dr. Gallagher for a bad burn I got while cooking. He could not have been more kind, warm and patient. Highly recommend.
Are you Dr. Gallagher?

More Critical Care Surgery Specialists like Dr. Gallagher at Weill Cornell Trauma, Burns, Acute and Critical Care

Trauma Surgery Specialist