Dr. James Fierro, DO

Osteopathic Manipulative TherapyMaleAge 61

Dr. Fierro

James Fierro DO

1805 Foulk Rd Ste F Wilmington, DE 19810

Dr. James Fierro, DO is a Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy Specialist in Wilmington, DE. He is affiliated with medical facilities Christiana Care Health System - Christiana Hospital and Saint Francis Hospital. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fierro to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Neurosciences Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Good Patient Care
    Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Delaware

Check if Dr. Fierro treats your condition or procedure

• Confusion
  • Dystonia
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lyme Disease
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Torticollis
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia

Dr. Fierro accepts

Dr. Fierro accepts the following insurance:

Select

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fierro

3.2

Dr. Fierro?
  • Wait times (22)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (19)
  • Explained conditions well (19)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (9)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (9)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (7)
If you want a DR that has NEVR met you before cancel refills that actually helped me alot bc my 80 y/out DAD with partial dementia didn't like the medication.... Dr. Fiero will be happy to cancel ALL refills with the office staff leaving No messages, then he's the DR for you. I have NEVR met him, but he has the power to ruin my life bc MY DAD snooped and talked to someone and the next thing I know all refills are cancelled!!!!!! They were the only thing that helped. And Mr, Invisible (Fiero) had the audacity to ruin my life. DId he call me? Leave me a message? What is the reason? My elderly father not liking it? Wonder how the HIPPA laws respond to that. The DOs were great but the DR IS A FLOP!!!!! DONT WSTER YOUR TIME/ NOthing went well... they are the questions that just popped up. There is no option to say nothing went right. Ive already contacted HIPPA
SHannon Bruno – Oct 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
If I could rate them a zero I would. The receptionist at the front desk is rude and always has an attitude. I was billed for a telephone visit that I didn’t even know I was being charged for. When I called to pay another bill is when she informed me that I was charged $70 for a 5 min phone call on wether or not I should come into the office or go to the emergency room. I was upset about the bill and instead of either listening to me or giving me advice on what I should/could do, she hung up on me. I know this will do nothing but had I read some of these reviews before choosing this office I would’ve picked a different doctor. Better late than never.
Rachel Miller – Apr 22, 2020
As good as it gets!
L D in DE – Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
Very caring, I have been going to this practice for many years
Diane D in Smyrna, DE – Feb 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
I've been a patient for 12 years and completely satisfied with Dr. Fierro and his staff. They take the time to talk and listen to their patients, which is increasingly rare in this world. I'm very satisfied with the level of care that I have received.
Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
Very well run and expert care!! I read the other reviews, I guess some people are always complaining.I was totally satisfied by my care and their concern for me.I felt confident in their hands!
Wilmington , DE – Oct 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
This practice lacks the modern touches of an updated family practitioners office and has less than friendly office management. The practice has archaic phone systems, it makes it difficult to get in touch. Even though the Doctors office has Dr. Fierro's name, you don't see him at all. He has expanded his office to several NP's, PAs. Dealing w/the office manager about a medical issue issue was absolutely horrifying! No help, a lot of Judgement, I am sorry I had to release my frustration.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Amy – Aug 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
I used to really like this place. When I started going here years ago, I always saw Dr. Fierro and was satisfied with my visits and it felt like I had a partner in my health. Since then, they've expanded & it has made it where there is virtually no over-the-phone assistance (even just a simple question) and you will see a NP at best (I have 1 NP I try to stick with). They are flexible to schedule appointments.
RW – Aug 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
I've been there 3 times and never saw the phantom doctor. My treatment was done by proxy via a Nurse Practitioner. As a total stranger and based on ONE blood test, my medicines were tweaked and I developed a problem resulting in another visit and restoring me to previous med levels. I was also sent for a battery of cardiac tests with no symptoms other than HTN. I worked in healthcare 40 yrs, this is unacceptable. Find someone else.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Med Secretary – Aug 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
This doctor's office does not call patients with their test results. The patient must call the office instead. Also, the office manager is Dr. Fierro's wife, and she's rarely there and doesn't return phone calls.
May 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
Very over-cautious. I have a well documented injury causing me a lot of pain. I provided plenty of documentation and was in obvious pain, but he doesn't prescribe narcotic pain medication to help keep pain at a humane level. Only worried about covering himself, not how other patients feel. horrible.
Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
You may never see Dr. Fierro, and if you do you would not even know it because he doesn't introduce himself. He is ridiculously over cautious. Chose your words very carefully when calling for an appointment, or you will be making many needless and costly trips to the ER. Communication is not a strong point with this practice.
Claymont – Dec 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
I’ve been a patient here for the last year. Couldn’t even tell you what the doctor looks like because I’ve never met him. The nurses google symptoms and treatment to resolve problems. I’ve never had a smooth experience. Every interaction i had with this office resulted in some unnecessary and stressful problem. Phone calls are never returned when promised. Have to call multiple times to get anything done or find out answers. Beware and find another doctor.
Middletown, DE – Nov 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
I have been a patient of his since he went into practice. He and his staff have caught not once but twice a major illness and saved my life. All the staff are friendly and helpful. I read one comment that you can never see Dr Fierro and you are pushed to a NP. I can say i have been to all the NP's and they are great and treat you as he would. Dr Fierro and his staff go the extra mile to help the patients and their families. NUMBER ONE DOC IN DELAWARE
Tina Cole in Wilmington, DE – Apr 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
Best family doctor ever. Himself and his stafff will make all the effort to see you the same day or the day after if you need an appointment.
Sherak Sayadian in Claymont, DE – Nov 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
Never get to see the doctor. Was misdiagnosed three times. Was prescribed a medication that needed pre authorization and was told they wouldn't fill out the insurance forms because it was too much work. I should look up the medication on "Good RX" and see where I could get the medication the cheapest. Why should I pay four times more when insurance would cover it if they would just fill out the form which would be good for a year? Going elsewhere.
Mollymae in Claymont, DE – Nov 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?
I've been a patient with Dr Fierro over 15 years. He is thorough but refers to specialist as needed. His office has grown from a wonderful receptionist and skilled nurse to several NP's and full office staff ready to assist for same day sick appointments. He runs a great office, happy too that it's closeby.
BlueHen in Wilmington, DE – Aug 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Fierro, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Fierro?

• Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy