Dr. James Evans, MD

Pediatric NeurosurgeryMaleAge 52

Dr. James Evans, MD is a Pediatric Neurosurgery Specialist in Wilmington, DE and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Massachusetts Medical School medical school in 1995. He is affiliated with medical facilities Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Evans to book an appointment.

Dr. Evans

1600 Rockland Rd Wilmington, DE 19803
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Pediatric Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Neurosciences Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Delaware

Check Dr. Evans' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Radiation-Induced Meningioma
Pituitary Tumor

Dr. Evans treats Pituitary Tumor more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Evans treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)

Dr. Evans treats Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak) more than 99% of his peers

• Brain Abscess
  • Brain Cancer
  • Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Trigeminal Nerve Block
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Evans accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Evans has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(800) 416-4441Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Evans' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Evans

Dr. Evans

I have seen Dr.Evans for over 10 years and I trust what ever he has prescribed for me, He is an amazing Neuro Surgeon and I am very glad to have him as my Doctor
Vincent Saetta – Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
Dr. Evans treats my developmentally disabled sister. He is always respectful, speaks to her rather than me, and addresses her in a way that she can understand. He eases her anxiety. Oh yeah, he also removed her brain tumor!!! He is a wonderful doctor.
Jun 24, 2021
Hi, thank you so much for your positive comments...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
Dr Evans is the finest doctor I’ve ever met. He saved my eyesight and most likely, my life via pituitary tumor surgery. He has excellent communication skills and explains everything clearly. Very easy to talk to and ask questions. I have highly recommended him to others and look forward to seeing him for annual follow ups.
Patricia Leslie Hyde – May 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
Dr. J. Evens took my son Christopher Keith. He did a Needle biopsy almost 3 weeks ago. He did a great job.
Mar 17, 2021
Hi, we are very happy we could provide you with a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
I called three days ago to schedule an appointment to see Dr James Evans. I gave the receptionist all of my information; including my insurance information. She stated she was going to call me back, in a few minutes, once she verified my insurance, but she never did. I hate the fact that receptionists are the middle people between the doctor and the patient. Medical employees can be so negligent and careless at times, and we(the patients) have to physically and emotionally suffer the consequences of their remissness! It’s awful! Hopefully, the DIY online appt process on the website goes through, if not, I will just find another Neurosurgeon.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Feb 08, 2021
Hi, we appreciate your honest feedback, as we are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
From the moment my family and I walked into the office we knew we found the right place and doctor for my surgery. Everyone was warm and welcoming and for the first time in 2 years I felt truly heard and listened to. Even today staff members remembered me! Even though my procedure was something he did frequently, Dr. Evans took the time to answer all of our questions, we never felt rushed and he took the time to explain the risks while also comforting us. The surgery went amazing and even when there was a complication he was there for us. It’s been a year and my life will be forever changed. I’ve never felt this good in my life and because of Dr. Evans I’m re-pursuing a career in the medical field!!! Thank you again!
Julia K. – Dec 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
craniotomy for removal of a large meningiomas.
Kristina Fisher – Nov 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
De Evans is awesome. He removed my brain tumor successfully 5 years ago. I wouldn’t want anyone else to complete that type of surgery for mr
Nakkia Mitchell – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
Dr. Evans operated on my husband on 1/30/20. We had to meet with him prior to surgery for a consultation. He explained everything in detail and took the time with us. To make a long story short, his bedside manner is just wonderful!!!! He even kept in touch with me on my cell phone to give me updated information. He puts you at ease and would highly recommend him!!!!
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Ronna Prokoff – Feb 06, 2020
Thank you for your kind review. If you have any...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
I love Dr Evans. He removed a pituitary tumor from my pituitary gland in my brain a year ago and I just had my one year check up. He is the most compassionate down to earth neurosurgeon and a totally awesome guy. Gave me my sight back and a new lease on life. I will be forever grateful to him and my team of doctors, nurses Diana Rivero 9 Northeast and the hospital staff for the excellent care given to me over the last year. Thank you all for your professionalism and heart warming care.
Nancy Rivero – Dec 03, 2019
Hello, thank you so much for the positive review!...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
Dr Evans was pleasant even though I brought the wrong CD to our 1st visit. He assured me about the 'non-invasive procedure' he and Dr Rosen would use to remove my benign neoplasm pituitary tumor. Dr Evans made that less scary than when I first heard I had it 18 years ago. During all his visits, he has been positive, upbeat and reassuring. My wife shares my high opinion of Dr Evans, as do his assistants, which is reassuring in itself. Following surgery, his visits continued to be full of information and upbeat. My vision improved after the surgery and will continue to improve over time. That is great news for someone who was unable to read printed matter that was not 'high contrast'. Every one in our family and friends are surprised by my quick recovery. His support staff is courteous and efficient.
William Lowry – Nov 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
Everything was explained well and went exactly as it was explained. Dr. Evans and his team were so confident in what they were doing. Their confidence was very helpful in an extremely stressful time for my husband and I. He has saved my husbands life. I can’t thank him enough!!!!
Diana – Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
Dr. Evans, not only diagnosed and agreed to do a new procedure on my trigeminal neuralgia, he is extremely compassionate, knowledgeable, took the time to explain everything in detail and spent all the time needed with me and my family to feel comfortable prior to Brain Surgery. Not only would I highly recommend him, I would let him operate on me in a New York minute, god forbade I ever need Brain Surgery again. I am truly blessed to have found this surgeon to alleviate my terrible problem.
stewart – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
In April of 2019, Dr. Evans removed a large sized meningioma from my husband’s frontal region of the anterior cranial fossa. A craniotomy was necessary to remove it. His operation was on a Friday and he came home the following Monday. At our first meeting with Dr. Evans, we immediately knew we had chosen the very best doctor to preform his surgery. Dr. Evans answered all our questions, most before they were even asked, and put us at ease immediately. My husband was back to work as a house painter 5 weeks after the surgery. Dr. Evans is the most sincere, caring, and talented surgeon that we have ever come in contact with. He is such a brilliant person but is so humble and down to earth. He met me and my daughter right after the 10 hour surgery and walked with us to the NICU, answering any questions and explaining the outcome of the surgery. Dr. Evans and his team were all present in the NICU. Dr. Evans and his team are simply the best! The staff at Jefferson were all amazing as well.
Jamie Bilbow – Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
When I was diagnosed with a tumor on my optic nerve in 2016, a Will Eye Hospital physician immediately recommended Dr. Evans. Dr. Evans explained in detail the craniotomy he would need to perform in order to remove the tumor. There were many risks including vision loss, loss of eye lid muscle, crossed eye and many others. Not only was I concerned about the effects to my eye, I was concerned how my physical appearance would change after a craniotomy. Dr. Evans is an artist. Not only did he preserve my vision, but today you would never guess the type of surgery I went through. Dr. Evans is also a great communicator. He has a caring compassionate bedside manner and he explained in detail how the surgery was to be performed. He is confident without being arrogant and I had complete trust in him. I am very grateful that this wonderful doctor was my surgeon.
Sep 19, 2019
Hi, it's reviews like yours that really keep us...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
I have been Dr. Evans' patient for over 11 years, pre and post procedure. Dr. Evans is the platinum standard for doctor in both personal interaction and surgical skill.
  • Long wait times
RBEmerson – Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
Not only is Dr. Evans a very good doctor, he's also very personable. He explains things in a way that makes it easy to understand.
Jim – Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
Dr. Evans recently treated me for a pituitary macroadenoma. He took the time to fully educate me on my situation, laid out the treatment options and provided an exceptional level of care throughout. He is a top-notch doctor and I wish there were more health care professionals like Dr. Evans.
Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
My Last visit with Dr. James Evans was for my 3 months follow up for my MVD surgery. the appointment was delayed for some reason but appointment desk made us aware that how long its going to be delayed and they handled it very professional manner. Dr Evans is a very efficient and experienced neurosurgeon, I would strongly recommend any one to see him. I am 100% satisfied with my surgery and treatment. The treatment team members are awesome as well. When I visited him for making my decision for surgery he explained the procedure and the pros and cons of the procedure to me and my family very well. Dr Evans provides excellent service to his patients.
  • Long wait times
Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?
Hello, I had a surgical procedure on June 27th with both Doctor Evans and Doctor Wilcox at the Neurological Hospital. I cannot say how impressed I am with the entire staff from the office to the hospital. Although it was a surgical procedure the experience was made exceptional from everyone. The hospital staff from the front desk to the operating room and the ICE was very exception. My family was taken care of and kept notify of all that was happening. The procedure ended up being more complicated than expected, the stay in the ICU ended up being longer than anticipated. Everyone during that time was truly amazing. Please let the staff know how wonderful they are and how much me and my family appreciated the care given. Thank you!
Robert Wilbur – Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Evans, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Evans?
Provider explaining information to patient