Dr. James Elsey, MD

Dr. James Elsey, MD

General Surgery | Male

Gwinnett Surgical Associates 631 Professional Dr Ste 300, Lawrenceville, GA 30046 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Elsey specializes in General Surgery and practices in Lawrenceville, GA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Elsey? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Elsey's Experience

94Experience
Match

See how Dr. Elsey's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Elsey

Dr. Elsey accepts 28 insurance carriers

28 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Elsey has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Elsey

Dr. Elsey's Review Details
    4.8 based on 265 responses
    Experience with Dr. Elsey
    Dr. Elsey's Office & Staff
      10 – 15 minutes (242)
    in Snellville, GA |
    He did my surgery with care & skill. I am still recovering but my care A-1. Dr Elsey is a great surgeon.
    in Lawrenceville, GA |
    My dad have had surgeries performed by Dr. Elsey. Dr. Elsey is super good at what he does. My dad and my family are thankful to meet him and had him operate on my dad. Thank you, Dr. Elsey!
    in Dacula, GA |
    What a place to be with Dr.Elsey after visiting and self pay many other places and tests all I can say is what a relief . Thank you very much for the extra care ,advice and very kind words .We wish we have known him earlier but Thank God I am fine now and others may look for someone like him .God bless you and your staff! Thank you.
    in Social Circle, GA |
    On May 13, 2016 my Dad was life flown to the hospital. Dr. Elsey performed emergency surgery on my Dad. I feel he saved his life. He's one of the few that you can actually trust!! You can tell just by looking into is eyes that he's a very compassionate and kind man. I'll forever be grateful to you!! Thank you Dr.Elsey
    in Dacula, GA |
    I had surgery for a hernia on my left side due to a work injury in May 2015. I was treated great and returned to work driving and unloading a tractor trailer with no problems. May 2016 I developed a hernia on my right side while working. I requested Dr. Elsey for the second surgery. Since both surgeries were work related Workers Comp. of Ga covered all expenses. I am now recovering with no problems and will return to work in June.
    in Duluth, GA |
    Great patient communication. Explains exactly is going to be done and why. Every medical professional who has looked at my surgical results tells me that his work looks excellent. That is what you want to hear when someone has to cut on you. A very personable professional who has performed surgery on me three times.
    in Snellville, GA |
    Dr. Elsey performed a complicated gall bladder for my 89 year old mother. He was top-rate all the way. He was there on Sunday checking up on mom after she was admitted. He was always friendly, confident, compassionate, professional and gracious and thankful for the opportunity to serve. He was liked and admired by the nurses that had the opportunity to work with him. Dr. Elsey is a gifted, generous physician who takes great joy in healing people and enriching lives around him.
    in Lawrenceville, GA |
    Dr. Elsey performed surgery on me a few weeks ago, which went very smoothly. He was very attentive, informative and sincere.
    in Lawrenceville, GA |
    When I met Dr. Elsey, he had already scheduled my surgery, as he saw how critical my condition was. Three days later, he performed carotid artery surgery on me, and made the experience much less frightening. He was kind, patient, and explained everything to me before operating. He came to see me right before operating, and put me at ease, and also came to see me before I was released from the hospital. Dr. Elsey is so kind and considerate I would recommend him to everyone.
    in Loganville, GA |
    Excellent care and great expertise for my husband who had the ca-rotted artery in his beck operated on! Dr Elsey saw his condition and operated on him immediately after seeing a blockage in his neck which had caused a stroke.
    in Lawrenceville, GA |
    Dr. Elsey provided me with all information related to my condition, the surgery, outcome and recovery. I felt a sense of his high level of skill and experience which reduced my feelings of apprehension greatly. This is my second surgery with Dr. Elsey and I literally trust him with my life.
    Lawerenceville ga |
    He is an excellent Doctor. I was sent to him by my GI Doctor and he got me in instantly and talked to me about my gallbladder condition and immediately scheduled surgery. He is very caring and is not like any other Doctor I've ever been to! He cares about his patients and wants what is best for them. He thanked me multiple times for allowing him to do my surgery but I'm the thankful one! I definitely would recommend him!
    in Suwanee Ga |
    Dr Elsey came highly recommended from Dr unnterman. I am blessed to have him on my team of doctors. He was extremely caring and showed genuine concern for my well being during the delicate surgery. His laid back attitude put me at ease the moment he walked in the room on my first visit.
    in Grayson, GA |
    Dr Elsey was great. He always kept us informed. His confidence and warmth made us always feel like were in great hands and receiving the best of care!!!!!!!! Although it was unexpected and emergency surgery, the whole experience could not have gone any smoother. I would highly recommend Dr. Elsey to anyone needing surgery.
    in Lawrenceville, Ga. |
    Dr.Elsey is the ONLY surgeon who took EXCELLENT care of my daughter! He is the nicest most kindest human being I have met in a long time.
    in Dacula, GA |
    Dr. Elsey was the BEST! I went to see him for a tumor in my leg. He informed me it was a Lipoma and needed to be removed. He did my surgery fast and I even went back 45 minutes ahead of schedule. My scar looks beautiful. My pain and recovery have been amazing and I couldn't ask for a better doctor. If I ever have to be cut on again Dr. Elsey will be the one to preform my surgery. He is a very nice man and will answer all of your questions. Thanks again Dr. Elsey!
    Best Doctor I could ask for. Very loving and personalble.. Took very good care of me on my emergency surgery.. LOVE HIM
    in Buford, Ga |
    I never met Dr. ELSE Till I showed up in the E.R. my Colon had ruptured 8 days before I called 911 I believe he saved my life Great Surgeon 3months later I feel good again THANK YOU DR.ELSEY
    in Alpharetta, GA |
    I know a lot of physicians and surgeons, but Dr. Elsey has the most charismatic, pleasant manner of any physician I can recall. I was very groggy when I first met him, as I was being admitted straight from the ER for gallbladder removal, but I remember him pulling back the curtain around my bed, saying with a bright smile, "How's my patient?" Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's super handsome, but he is such a professional, competent surgeon and a terrific person. Staff is great as well!
    in Kennesaw, GA |
    Ruptured colon, toxic shock, I might well owe my life to Dr. Elsey
    in Lilburn, Georgia |
    I Diana Branch was truly satisfied with Dr. Elsey. From the moment he walked into the pre-op room before my surgery, l felt so confident that he was the one to fix the problem after l was told the day before that l needed to have emergency surgery. I hope and pray that l don't have to have anymore surgeries, but if so it's something that he can fix. I truly love you Dr Elsey and I'm so thankful to my heavenly Father Jehovah that you helped me out. Thanks again.
    in Lawrenceville, GA |
    I was having minor surgery, but was still nervous about it. I was quite impressed with the knowledge, expertise, and care of Dr. Elsey and his staff. Excellent experience considering. Thanks.
    in Norcross, GA |
    Dr. Elsey removed my gallbladder on an emergency basis. He is extremely knowledgeable and helped put my mind at ease prior to the surgery and during my follow-up visit. The procedure itself was very quick, as was the recovery, to which I credit his skill.
    in Atlanta, GA |
    I was very nervous about needing surgery, but after meeting with Dr. Elsey I was confident I found the right doctor to take care of me. He is wonderful.
    in Lawrenceville, GA |
    Dr. Elsey treated me like I mattered. He took his time to explain and was compassionate enough to help alleviate my fears prior to surgery. My recovery was quick and surprisingly easy. I will recommend his services every chance I get.
    He is absolutely wonderful. He is the only Doctor I truly trusted with my husband's care. Dr. Elsey is the only Doctor that came to see my husband in the hospital over a holiday weekend to reassure us that everything was going to be ok.
    Have you seen Dr. Elsey?
    Are you Dr. Elsey? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Elsey

• General Surgery
    • Vascular Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Elsey's Board Certifications

• General Surgery
    • Vascular Surgery

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
    • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
    • Atherosclerosis
    • Atherosclerosis of Aorta
    • Brachial Plexus Palsy
    • Carotid Artery Disease
    • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
    • Congenital Heart Defects
    • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • Heart Disease
    • Hypertensive Encephalopathy
    • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
    • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
    • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
    • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
    • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
    • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
    • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
    • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
    • Renal Artery Arteriosclerotic Disease
    • Ruptured Aortic Aneurysm
    • Secondary Hypertension
    • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
    • Thrombosis
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Varicose Veins

Grady Memorial Hospital

Completed in 1985

Emory

Completed in 1986

Dr. Elsey has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Elsey has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Elsey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
    • Board certified in General Surgery and Vascular Surgery
    • Malpractice claims found
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Elsey

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Elsey's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Elsey

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients