Dr. James Elsey, MD

Dr. James Elsey, MD

General Surgery | Male

Gwinnett Surgical Associates 631 Professional Dr Ste 300 Lawrenceville, GA 30046 Get Directions

Dr. James Elsey, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Lawrenceville, GA. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Elsey is affiliated with Gwinnett Medical Center - Lawrenceville.

Dr. Elsey's Experience

See how Dr. Elsey's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Elsey

Dr. Elsey accepts 29 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Elsey has admitting privileges.

Dr. Elsey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Elsey to family and friends
Dr. Elsey's Performance
in Duluth, GA |
Dr Elsey did surgery on me to clean out a blocked artery. He is easy to talk talk to and communicates well. My results were excellent and I am convinced the surgery saved me from another stroke.
in Norcross, GA |
In all my years I have never encountered such a caring and professional physician. From the ,moment I met Dr. Elsey I could tell that he would have my best interest at heart and take very good care of me. I would recommend Dr Elsey to anyone and not have a single doubt that he would provide the same level of care that has shown me. The one thing that truly impressed me the most is that he listened to me and answered all of my questions so that I could understand what I was about to undergo
in Buford, GA |
Dr. James Elsey is a very gifted Surgeon. He's highly qualified and put my mind totally at ease. I would highly recommend him for any surgical needs you have. From my first visit with him to post op care I had tremendous confident in his care for me. I think he should be named Surgeon of the Year!
Roswell, GA |
Dr. Elsey has performed surgery on my 4 times. He's a great doctor
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Elsey was horrible. He botched my appendectomy. The staples came out after he gutted me like a fish. I went to the office to tell them of my suspicion and fear that an infection began. They brushed me off and told me that I was wrong. 2 days later I was back in the hospital having the stitches fully removed and had to treat it as an open wound infection. It has left me with a 6 inch, 1 inch deep incision mark on my stomach. I URGE anyone to stay clear of this man.
in Duluth, GA |
Service was impeccable. Dr. Elsey made me feel very comfortable and very confident that my procedure would go well. I appreciate his professionalism and his experience of being a surgical doctor. He did an outstanding job. I am receiving more compliments than I can handle from the procedure that he performed on me. And also, the staff was very supportive and attentive to my needs.
in Duluth |
I can't say enough about Dr. Elsey. He is not only a very competent surgeon, but is also very pleasant, warm, caring, and friendly. Most importantly, he listens to you and answers your questions. Surgery in itself is very stressful, but Dr. Elsey makes you feel at ease. I highly recommend him and would definitely see him again if I need to. His office staff is also very friendly and welcoming. Appointment are very convenient and the wait time is very minimal
in Atlanta, GA |
Great doctor!!!!!! Simply put!!!!! Went in told I need surgery, got on the books, did it, and now I' doing well!! Great doctor.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr Elsey performed 2 surgeries for me within 3 months. I truly believe his experience and knowledge probably saved my life. He is a kind and considerate man with an awesome bedside manner. Love you Dr Elsey!
in Blue Ridge, GA |
Dr. Elsey and staff displayed the highest level of professionalism, competency, and compassion. Dr. Elsey's skill level and manner of communication instilled a confidence that was both reassuring and comforting. Both I (the patient) and my wife would give Dr. Elsey the highest level of recommendation for referral purposes.
in Buford, GA |
Had leg surgery and everything went very well. Dr. Elsey did fine work and was easy to communicate with and very thorough in all ways.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Elsey is the most caring and compassionate physician I've had the pleasure of meeting. From our first appointment I was very impressed with his patient care approach and thoroughness concerning my diagnosis. I was totally at ease with my upcoming procedure and recovery. I also had the privilege of observing Dr. Elsey interacting with other patients and was extremely pleased to see he was genuine. As previously stated in the survey questions, I give Dr. Elsey the highest recommendation.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr Elsey is an excellent Doctor with caring and a gentle maner. His easy way made me calm and positive about my operation.
in Duluth, GA |
outstanding patient concernment from Dr. Elsey and his staff, which was a very serious operation. He explained all details of the procedure in depth. I believe I was in great hands and I would recommend Dr. Elsey to anyone.
in Lawrenceville, Ga |
Due to the severity of my stomach cramps, uncontrollable vomiting for several hours, dr elsey was called to do gallbladder surgery. I felt 100% better once all the soreness went away. I have not felt sickly or even had an upset stomach since the surgery. He gave back my quality of life. Due to bladder cancer surgery, I was unable to go longer than 40 min to an hour before needing the bathroom. Now I have gone as long as 5 hours, but not less than 1 hour. I love my life now. Thank you so much!
in Atlanta, GA |
He was very engaging, easy to talk to and had great bed-side manner. He never kept me too long or made me wait for long periods of time.
in SNELLVILLE, GA |
My husband was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center Emergency on November 21, 2016. He was being treated at a wound care center for a diabetic ulceration on the bottom of his left foot. He was in Sepsis Shock. Dr James Elsey was immediately called in due to my husband's critical condition. He explained that a portion of his left foot needed to be amputated to remove the infected area to save his life. Thanks to Dr Elsey quick diagnosis and action, my husband is on the path of recovery!
in Talmo, GA |
Dr. Elsey saved my life. And if that wasn't enough he was the most kind and genuine doctor I have ever encountered.
in peachtree corners, GA |
Dr. Elsey patched me up twice in the last couple years, one was life threatening. He puts one at ease immediately with his demeanor and proceeds expertly. Excellent Doctor and all around good guy.
in Loganville, GA |
Dr. Elsey is very personable and explains well to patient exactly what is happening.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
I was suffering from a gallbladder attack that had lasted several days. I had been seen in the ER and they sent me back home. I went to see Dr. Elsey and had surgery the same day. He was kind and caring and saw how much pain I was in. Him and his staff took wonderful care of me and I can't thank them enough. I would absolutely recommend him to my family and friends!
in Grayson, GA |
On Two Separate Occassions; Dr. Elsey found a Situations that needed Immediate Attention! He Checked it Out and Found I needed Surgery; He help save My Life from Removing a Cancer locate in My Lower Stomach and a Hernia this last Time! He Told Me Do Not Worry; He would take Care of it! So He Did! I Feel Great and doing Well Now!
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr Elsey is a fine physician and surgeon,very kind and compassionate. My family and I appreciate all he has done for us and recommend him highly. Good old Georgia boy.
in Duluth, GA |
I, Betty M. Gray can't say enough about the man who saved me after many years of going to different doctor's to access what the problem was with my legs & feet. Dr. Elsey operated on the 21st of September and I'm recovering very well. No more pain in the butt, I can walk without pain. I love Dr. Elsey for his heeling hands. Starting with chiropractor, physical therapist, dermatologist, neurologist, female specialist, pcp doctor and finally Dr. Elsey who accessed me with P.A.D. my pain in butt.
in Rabun Gap, GA |
I had to have emergency surgery on my colon, and God blessed me with the best Surgeon out there. Not only did he do an amazing job, but his bedside manner is impeccable!! He takes the time to sit down and actually listen to what you have to say, and answers the questions you have. I am free to call him at anytime! I could not have asked for a better physician!!
in Lawrenceville, Ga |
I am still around to enjoy my wife, kids, and grandkids thanks to Dr Elsey. There are well trained Surgeons and there are "gifted" ones. Dr Elsey has a gift. Beyond that, he truly cares for people and has a calming manner and checks in on his patients seemingly more than most. Good man! Total trust in his abilities and judgement. I feel blessed he was in the area of the emergency room when I arrived.
in Auburn, GA |
I met with Dr. Elsey for a hernia procedure. He was very jovial, courteous and confident. He made sure all of my questions/concerns was addresses at our initial consult. His staff was great as well, made sure I was comfortable and informed my wife of how things went.
in Stone Mountain, GA |
Dr. Elsey performed my last surgery wonderfully. Medicine that was administered during the procedure was the best I ever had. It made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. My awakening from surgery went very well. I felt just right. Thank you! Dr. Elsey
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Elsey performed my surgery last week. He is an awesome doctor who shows confidence in his job. Because of his knowledge and experience my surgery was a complete success.
in Snellville, GA |
Dr. Elsey is an awesome surgeon and has a great bedside manner.
in Snellville, GA |
He did my surgery with care & skill. I am still recovering but my care A-1. Dr Elsey is a great surgeon.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
My dad have had surgeries performed by Dr. Elsey. Dr. Elsey is super good at what he does. My dad and my family are thankful to meet him and had him operate on my dad. Thank you, Dr. Elsey!
in Dacula, GA |
What a place to be with Dr.Elsey after visiting and self pay many other places and tests all I can say is what a relief . Thank you very much for the extra care ,advice and very kind words .We wish we have known him earlier but Thank God I am fine now and others may look for someone like him .God bless you and your staff! Thank you.
in Social Circle, GA |
On May 13, 2016 my Dad was life flown to the hospital. Dr. Elsey performed emergency surgery on my Dad. I feel he saved his life. He's one of the few that you can actually trust!! You can tell just by looking into is eyes that he's a very compassionate and kind man. I'll forever be grateful to you!! Thank you Dr.Elsey
in Dacula, GA |
I had surgery for a hernia on my left side due to a work injury in May 2015. I was treated great and returned to work driving and unloading a tractor trailer with no problems. May 2016 I developed a hernia on my right side while working. I requested Dr. Elsey for the second surgery. Since both surgeries were work related Workers Comp. of Ga covered all expenses. I am now recovering with no problems and will return to work in June.
in Duluth, GA |
Great patient communication. Explains exactly is going to be done and why. Every medical professional who has looked at my surgical results tells me that his work looks excellent. That is what you want to hear when someone has to cut on you. A very personable professional who has performed surgery on me three times.
in Snellville, GA |
Dr. Elsey performed a complicated gall bladder for my 89 year old mother. He was top-rate all the way. He was there on Sunday checking up on mom after she was admitted. He was always friendly, confident, compassionate, professional and gracious and thankful for the opportunity to serve. He was liked and admired by the nurses that had the opportunity to work with him. Dr. Elsey is a gifted, generous physician who takes great joy in healing people and enriching lives around him.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Elsey performed surgery on me a few weeks ago, which went very smoothly. He was very attentive, informative and sincere.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
When I met Dr. Elsey, he had already scheduled my surgery, as he saw how critical my condition was. Three days later, he performed carotid artery surgery on me, and made the experience much less frightening. He was kind, patient, and explained everything to me before operating. He came to see me right before operating, and put me at ease, and also came to see me before I was released from the hospital. Dr. Elsey is so kind and considerate I would recommend him to everyone.
in Loganville, GA |
Excellent care and great expertise for my husband who had the ca-rotted artery in his beck operated on! Dr Elsey saw his condition and operated on him immediately after seeing a blockage in his neck which had caused a stroke.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Elsey provided me with all information related to my condition, the surgery, outcome and recovery. I felt a sense of his high level of skill and experience which reduced my feelings of apprehension greatly. This is my second surgery with Dr. Elsey and I literally trust him with my life.
Lawerenceville ga |
He is an excellent Doctor. I was sent to him by my GI Doctor and he got me in instantly and talked to me about my gallbladder condition and immediately scheduled surgery. He is very caring and is not like any other Doctor I've ever been to! He cares about his patients and wants what is best for them. He thanked me multiple times for allowing him to do my surgery but I'm the thankful one! I definitely would recommend him!
in Suwanee Ga |
Dr Elsey came highly recommended from Dr unnterman. I am blessed to have him on my team of doctors. He was extremely caring and showed genuine concern for my well being during the delicate surgery. His laid back attitude put me at ease the moment he walked in the room on my first visit.
in Grayson, GA |
Dr Elsey was great. He always kept us informed. His confidence and warmth made us always feel like were in great hands and receiving the best of care!!!!!!!! Although it was unexpected and emergency surgery, the whole experience could not have gone any smoother. I would highly recommend Dr. Elsey to anyone needing surgery.
in Lawrenceville, Ga. |
Dr.Elsey is the ONLY surgeon who took EXCELLENT care of my daughter! He is the nicest most kindest human being I have met in a long time.
in Dacula, GA |
Dr. Elsey was the BEST! I went to see him for a tumor in my leg. He informed me it was a Lipoma and needed to be removed. He did my surgery fast and I even went back 45 minutes ahead of schedule. My scar looks beautiful. My pain and recovery have been amazing and I couldn't ask for a better doctor. If I ever have to be cut on again Dr. Elsey will be the one to preform my surgery. He is a very nice man and will answer all of your questions. Thanks again Dr. Elsey!
Best Doctor I could ask for. Very loving and personalble.. Took very good care of me on my emergency surgery.. LOVE HIM
in Buford, Ga |
I never met Dr. ELSE Till I showed up in the E.R. my Colon had ruptured 8 days before I called 911 I believe he saved my life Great Surgeon 3months later I feel good again THANK YOU DR.ELSEY
in Alpharetta, GA |
I know a lot of physicians and surgeons, but Dr. Elsey has the most charismatic, pleasant manner of any physician I can recall. I was very groggy when I first met him, as I was being admitted straight from the ER for gallbladder removal, but I remember him pulling back the curtain around my bed, saying with a bright smile, How's my patient? Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's super handsome, but he is such a professional, competent surgeon and a terrific person. Staff is great as well!
Have you seen Dr. James Elsey, MD?
Are you Dr. Elsey?

Compare Dr. Elsey

Dr. Elsey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery

• State: Georgia

Why It Matters: Dr. Elsey's Board Certifications

• General Surgery
  • Vascular Surgery

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Atherosclerosis of Aorta
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypertensive Encephalopathy
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Renal Artery Arteriosclerotic Disease
  • Ruptured Aortic Aneurysm
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Varicose Veins

Grady Memorial Hospital

Completed in 1985

Emory

Completed in 1986

Dr. Elsey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Elsey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery