Dr. James Duke, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 74 reviews.
Author:
Very professional and extremely well experienced in his field. Very pleased with results. Also, very impressed with Brittany Bascom & his entire team.
Excellent post surgery results
Author:
Dr. James Duke and his staff/office help are a well oiled team! Everyone knows exactly what is expected of them and what Dr. Duke requires and follows through the the exact ending. Not only the office staff but also the staff on the hospital floor,,,there is no question as to how and when anything is to be done. Everyone is so well trained in the correct procedures and all turns out GREAT with the surgery. The patient needs to follow their instructions. Therapy personal are also GREAT.
Author:
Very courteous and professional staff and office. A pleasure to visit.
Author:
I cannot say enough GOOD things about Dr. Duke. His knowledge, expertise and bedside manner is nothing but the BEST. His office staff is the GREATEST. They are very helpful, friendly and gets any of your questions answered as well as handling any referrals needed. This is definitely the place to go to if you need a hip replacement. That is what I had done and free from all pain from day 1 and did not need any additional pain medicine.
Author:
Great staff, took excellent care of me. Surgery went as planed. Follow up visit in hospital was caring. The staff does not rush you in and out. They listen! Also it not a office that want to rush you to the O.R. Many preventive measures taken to help you out.
Author:
Dr Duke is a miracle man! He not only replaced my knee but straightened it! Due to an injury, I had not had a straight knee in 20 years! Amazing! His bedside manner is off the charts. What a gentleman! Recovery was minimal and you can hardly see my scar. His staff is very supportive. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone!
Author:
I had my hip replaced a year ago and the results were excellent.Not only is Dr. Duke a great surgeon, but also the most caring, compassionate human being. His office staff is also 5 stars.
Author:
Hip replacement was a breeze and now no pain
Author:
Wife had right total knee. Completely satisfied from beginning to end. We are back walking along the beach and enjoying life again thanks to Dr. Duke. Excellent physician.
Author:
Excellent. Two knees replaced (not at the same time) and I am back dancing and traveling as we have not enjoyed for a long time. Must follow his exacting regiment for full recovery :)
Author:
Dr. Duke and his staff are outstanding. I have had replacement surgery in the past in Boston and this has surpassed that surgical experience. Playing golf within six weeks without pain or discomfort. What else can I say but thank you to Dr. Duke and his great staff. I would recommend Dr. Duke to anyone and everyone.
Author:
It would not be possible to exaggerate the level of appreciation for what Dr. Duke and his staff have done for me. I had both knees replaced in 2016 (Jan and Dec) and I have gone from not being able to stand for over 15 minutes to walking over 40 miles per week without pain. I am a former ultra marathon runner, and exercise is a vital part of my life. My knees limit me now in no way. Dr Duke and his staff are wonderful caring people who treated me with the utmost respect and professionalism.
Author:
I am 73 years old and prior to surgery I could not walk more than about 25 yards before having to sit down for about 10 minutes (the pain was too much). I had both knees replaced on Dec. 11. I was walking painfree with a walker on Dec. 12. After 2 weeks I was walking with only a cane and did not really need that. At 4 weeks after surgery, I went on a 2 mile walk with my wife (still completely pain free). Dr Duke has given me a new lease on life. I highly recommend Dr. Duke.
Author:
I cannot give enough stars and positive reviews that Dr. Duke and his staff truly deserve. He did a total knee replacement and a hip replacement for me and I am so grateful to him – and his wonderful staff – that I can enjoy my life again. Both surgeries went smoothly and I followed all the rehab directions. I never hesitate to recommend Dr. Duke for knee and hip replacements.
Author:
As a medical professional myself, I had the opportunity to treat (Physical Therapy) many of Dr. Duke's Patients throughout the years. His knee surgery patients had a much better rehab potential than patients with the same diagnoses from another physician. Their range of motion, strength and functional mobility increased dramatically and patients were able to return home with 90% of their former level of function. In addition, Dr. Duke and his staff are very professional and caring.
Author:
Thank you for a wonderful experiennce. I had my first appointment yesterday11/16/17. Unfortunately I found out that I need full knee replacements in both knees. I was very happy when I was told that I could receive cortisone injections. I have to say my knees feel about 95% better today, and I'm sure by the end of the weekend theY will feel 100% better. I can't thank you enough.
Author:
Dr. Duke never made me feel like I was taking too much of his time. He was always willing to answer any questions and concerns I had. He was very kind and understanding about my nervousness. He put me at ease and made this surgery a piece of cake. I wish he had been my surgeon forty years ago.
Author:
I researched orthopedic surgeons for a total knee replacement prior to deciding on Dr. Duke. I live 2 hours away and it was well worth the drive. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and every time I called with a question, they returned my call that day. Dr. Duke did a fantastic job on my knee. He answers all questions and took as much time as I needed to completely understand the procedure and post op. I highly recommend him!
Author:
I recently underwent anterior lateral hip replacement. My entire experience from the first appointment to my surgery and stay at West Marion Hospital was exceptional. Dr. Duke and staff are amazing. Do not even hesitate for a moment to see Dr. Duke and his capable staff.
Author:
I'm only 56 years old and had Bi-Lateral knee replacement. Dr. Dukes office was so efficient and friendly to me. Dr. Duke put me at ease and my surgery was a breeze. My pain level was managed so well and my incisions are hardly noticeable. If I had to make the choice I would do it again!
Author:
After two years of terrible pain in my hip, it was time to take decision the only option surgery. i was one of those lucky ones that I was referred to Dr. Duke, his experience and God's help made my surgery a success in a month's time felt like new. I'm so thankful to him ,his office staff and the West Marion hospital for being there when I needed, for sure this is a great team!
Author:
Had knee replacement and later hip replacement. He is the best. My wife also had her rt knee replaced by Dr. Duke. Staff is also great.
Author:
Dr. Duke enters the room for your first meeting with a bright smile, a warm handshake, and direct eye contact listening intently to all that you have to say. These seemingly small gestures of good manners and genuine interest about you, the patient, are not found in all medical offices yet go a long way in creating a sense of confidence that makes you feel you chose the right surgeon: In the case of Dr. James Duke-you did exactly that. Six months after total knee replacement I am FANTASTIC!
Author:
Wonderful surgeon ! Provides great details of what to expect prior to and following surgery. My recent hip replacement is a complete success and now allows me to enjoy pain free living. Without any hesitation, I would recommend Dr. Duke to anyone needing surgery. Harriet Wovas
Author:
I went to Dr. Duke after not having a comfortable feeling with my prior Orthopedic MD. Dr. Duke was kind, concerned and treated me like I was the President. He performed a total hip replacement on me and today being pain free. Electing Dr. Duke to perform the procedure was the best decision I could have made. Also, your interactions with his staff is outstanding. From Courtney, Dr. Dukes PA, to Susan in scheduling and Penny, the entire staff is very courteous, kind and helpful.
Author:
I would definitely recommend Dr Duke to anyone for knee replacements especially. He excellent reputation precedes him, and I work with staff that respect him. I felt totally safe under his care
Author:
Three years ago I had my knee replaced, and I was given my life back. I was able to continue practicing as an ARNP. I just had the other knee replaced two weeks ago. Dr. Duke and all his staff are awesome. I look forward now to a fulfilling retirement, experiencing all the amenities at OTOW. Thank you Dr. Duke.
Author:
I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus in my right knee and Dr. Duke was recommended as a very competent and experienced orthopedic surgeon. I made an appointment, brought my recent xray and MRI, and ended up seeing Dr. Duke's female PA who drained the fluid from my knee, gave me a cortisone shot and told me to come back in 2 weeks if I had no relief. Well, duh, a tear in the meniscus is a physical injury, not like a headache. I went to another orthopedic doctor who said I needed a knee replace
Author:
I can't say enough about how great everything went with my hip replacement. The home visits from the nursing staff and the PT was great.
Author:
I had my left hip replaced by Dr. Duke three weeks ago and everything went just the way Dr. Duke told me. When i saw him in his office to set up the surgery he explained everything he was going to do. His concern about me, made me feel like I had just found a new friend. I cannot say enough about his office staff. As soon as you sign in they make you feel comfortable and welcome. Each and everyone of his staff is friendly and caring. I would recommend him 100 percent.
Author:
I had my left knee replaced one year ago by Dr. Duke. I was quite pleased first , by the staff in his office who treated me with kind, caring respect. I feel Dr. Duke specializes in making sure the risks for infection are extremely minimal. That was very important to me. The staff and Dr. Duke gave me specific directions to prepare for the surgery and post surgery. I am pain free in the left knee. I credit Dr. Duke and his staff for a wonderful experience!