Dr. James B. Duke, MD

Dr. James B. Duke, MD

Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 58 years old

I am a Florida native who grew up in Clearwater. I'm a diehard Gator who went to The University of Florida for undergrad, medical school, and residency training before moving to Ocala, FL in 1991. I married my best friend, Pam, 31 years ago and we have two fantastic daughters. The oldest has our 3 year old grandson (apple of our eye) and we're expecting a granddaughter in October. When not working or being a Grandpa, I try to play some golf and tennis, and attend as many Gator sporting events as I can. Read more

Dr. Duke's Office
2300 SE 17th St Ste 500
Ocala, FL 34471 Get Directions
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Dr. Duke is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Duke has been a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon in Ocala, FL since 1991. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. We make it a priority to establish a close relationship with patients and take great pride in providing timely, caring, state of the art treatment for your orthopedic problem. Dr. Duke has performed more than 15,000 surgeries and 8,500 joint replacements and utilizes the latest techniques including partial/total knee resurfacing, gender specific knee replacement, and total hip replacement through anterior and posterior approaches. Our goal is to help you achieve optimal health and we look forward to serving you.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Duke's Experience

See how Dr. Duke's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Duke

Dr. Duke accepts 27 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Duke has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Duke
Dr. Duke's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (40)
in Yje Villages, FL |
Wonderful surgeon ! Provides great details of what to expect prior to and following surgery. My recent hip replacement is a complete success and now allows me to enjoy pain free living. Without any hesitation, I would recommend Dr. Duke to anyone needing surgery. Harriet Wovas
in Fruitland Park FL |
I went to Dr. Duke after not having a comfortable feeling with my prior Orthopedic MD. Dr. Duke was kind, concerned and treated me like I was the President. He performed a total hip replacement on me and today being pain free. Electing Dr. Duke to perform the procedure was the best decision I could have made. Also, your interactions with his staff is outstanding. From Courtney, Dr. Dukes PA, to Susan in scheduling and Penny, the entire staff is very courteous, kind and helpful.
in Fruitland Park FL |
in OCALA,FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr Duke to anyone for knee replacements especially. He excellent reputation precedes him, and I work with staff that respect him. I felt totally safe under his care
in Ocala, FL |
Three years ago I had my knee replaced, and I was given my life back. I was able to continue practicing as an ARNP. I just had the other knee replaced two weeks ago. Dr. Duke and all his staff are awesome. I look forward now to a fulfilling retirement, experiencing all the amenities at OTOW. Thank you Dr. Duke.
in The Villages, FL |
I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus in my right knee and Dr. Duke was recommended as a very competent and experienced orthopedic surgeon. I made an appointment, brought my recent xray and MRI, and ended up seeing Dr. Duke's female PA who drained the fluid from my knee, gave me a cortisone shot and told me to come back in 2 weeks if I had no relief. Well, duh, a tear in the meniscus is a physical injury, not like a headache. I went to another orthopedic doctor who said I needed a knee replace
in The Villages, FL |
I can't say enough about how great everything went with my hip replacement. The home visits from the nursing staff and the PT was great.
The Villages, FL |
I had my left hip replaced by Dr. Duke three weeks ago and everything went just the way Dr. Duke told me. When i saw him in his office to set up the surgery he explained everything he was going to do. His concern about me, made me feel like I had just found a new friend. I cannot say enough about his office staff. As soon as you sign in they make you feel comfortable and welcome. Each and everyone of his staff is friendly and caring. I would recommend him 100 percent.
in The Villages, FL |
I had my left knee replaced one year ago by Dr. Duke. I was quite pleased first , by the staff in his office who treated me with kind, caring respect. I feel Dr. Duke specializes in making sure the risks for infection are extremely minimal. That was very important to me. The staff and Dr. Duke gave me specific directions to prepare for the surgery and post surgery. I am pain free in the left knee. I credit Dr. Duke and his staff for a wonderful experience!
Have you seen Dr. James B. Duke, MD?
Are you Dr. Duke?

Dr. Duke's Care Philosophy

Dr. Duke says...

We carefully and skillfully care for Orthopaedic disorders of the knee, hip, and shoulder. Utilizing the latest techniques, our goal is to efficiently return our patients to a high level of function as quickly as possible.

Dr. Duke says...

As they say, "you can't put a price tag on experience". After 25 years as an Orthopaedic Surgeon in Marion County, 15,000 procedures and over 8,500 joint replacement surgeries, our report card in the community speaks for itself. It would be an honor and pleasure for us to bring that expertise to caring for your Orthopaedic issue!

Dr. Duke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Duke has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Duke's Board Certifications

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Completed in 1990

Completed in 1991

University of Florida-Gainesville

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Duke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery