Dr. James Duke, MD

• CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Dr. Duke has been a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon in Ocala, FL since 1991. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. We make it a priority to establish a close relationship with patients and take great pride in providing timely, caring, state of the art treatment for your orthopedic problem. Dr. Duke has performed more than 15,000 surgeries and 8,500 joint replacements and utilizes the latest techniques including partial/total knee resurfacing, gender specific knee replacement, and total hip replacement through anterior and posterior approaches. Our goal is to help you achieve optimal health and we look forward to serving you.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Duke's Experience

See how Dr. Duke's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Duke

Dr. Duke accepts 27 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Duke has admitting privileges.

Dr. Duke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duke to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Duke's Performance
in Ocala, FL |
I'm only 56 years old and had Bi-Lateral knee replacement. Dr. Dukes office was so efficient and friendly to me. Dr. Duke put me at ease and my surgery was a breeze. My pain level was managed so well and my incisions are hardly noticeable. If I had to make the choice I would do it again!
in Ocala, FL |
After two years of terrible pain in my hip, it was time to take decision the only option surgery. i was one of those lucky ones that I was referred to Dr. Duke, his experience and God's help made my surgery a success in a month's time felt like new. I'm so thankful to him ,his office staff and the West Marion hospital for being there when I needed, for sure this is a great team!
in Summerfield, FL |
Dr. Duke, Courtney, and all the staff are fantastic. 38 years of ultra marathon running, had left me unable to walk or stand for more than 15 minutes. Dr. Duke replaced my left knee in January, 2016 and my right knee in December, 2016. Three months after my 2nd surgery, I walked the 9.3 mile Jacksonville River Run in 2 hours, virtually pain free. I can't say how grateful I am and what a profound change this has made in my life. Dr. Duke is a wonderful surgeon and equally wonderful person!
in The Villages, FL |
Had knee replacement and later hip replacement. He is the best. My wife also had her rt knee replaced by Dr. Duke. Staff is also great.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Dr. Duke enters the room for your first meeting with a bright smile, a warm handshake, and direct eye contact listening intently to all that you have to say. These seemingly small gestures of good manners and genuine interest about you, the patient, are not found in all medical offices yet go a long way in creating a sense of confidence that makes you feel you chose the right surgeon: In the case of Dr. James Duke-you did exactly that. Six months after total knee replacement I am FANTASTIC!
in Yje Villages, FL |
Wonderful surgeon ! Provides great details of what to expect prior to and following surgery. My recent hip replacement is a complete success and now allows me to enjoy pain free living. Without any hesitation, I would recommend Dr. Duke to anyone needing surgery. Harriet Wovas
in Fruitland Park FL |
I went to Dr. Duke after not having a comfortable feeling with my prior Orthopedic MD. Dr. Duke was kind, concerned and treated me like I was the President. He performed a total hip replacement on me and today being pain free. Electing Dr. Duke to perform the procedure was the best decision I could have made. Also, your interactions with his staff is outstanding. From Courtney, Dr. Dukes PA, to Susan in scheduling and Penny, the entire staff is very courteous, kind and helpful.
in Fruitland Park FL |
in OCALA,FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr Duke to anyone for knee replacements especially. He excellent reputation precedes him, and I work with staff that respect him. I felt totally safe under his care
in Ocala, FL |
Three years ago I had my knee replaced, and I was given my life back. I was able to continue practicing as an ARNP. I just had the other knee replaced two weeks ago. Dr. Duke and all his staff are awesome. I look forward now to a fulfilling retirement, experiencing all the amenities at OTOW. Thank you Dr. Duke.
in The Villages, FL |
I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus in my right knee and Dr. Duke was recommended as a very competent and experienced orthopedic surgeon. I made an appointment, brought my recent xray and MRI, and ended up seeing Dr. Duke's female PA who drained the fluid from my knee, gave me a cortisone shot and told me to come back in 2 weeks if I had no relief. Well, duh, a tear in the meniscus is a physical injury, not like a headache. I went to another orthopedic doctor who said I needed a knee replace
in The Villages, FL |
I can't say enough about how great everything went with my hip replacement. The home visits from the nursing staff and the PT was great.
The Villages, FL |
I had my left hip replaced by Dr. Duke three weeks ago and everything went just the way Dr. Duke told me. When i saw him in his office to set up the surgery he explained everything he was going to do. His concern about me, made me feel like I had just found a new friend. I cannot say enough about his office staff. As soon as you sign in they make you feel comfortable and welcome. Each and everyone of his staff is friendly and caring. I would recommend him 100 percent.
in The Villages, FL |
I had my left knee replaced one year ago by Dr. Duke. I was quite pleased first , by the staff in his office who treated me with kind, caring respect. I feel Dr. Duke specializes in making sure the risks for infection are extremely minimal. That was very important to me. The staff and Dr. Duke gave me specific directions to prepare for the surgery and post surgery. I am pain free in the left knee. I credit Dr. Duke and his staff for a wonderful experience!
Have you seen Dr. James Duke, MD?
Are you Dr. Duke?

Dr. Duke says...

I am a Florida native who grew up in Clearwater. I'm a diehard Gator who went to The University of Florida for undergrad, medical school, and residency training before moving to Ocala, FL in 1991. I married my best friend, Pam, 31 years ago and we have two fantastic daughters. The oldest has our 3 year old grandson (apple of our eye) and we're expecting a granddaughter in October. When not working or being a Grandpa, I try to play some golf and tennis, and attend as many Gator sporting events as I can.

Dr. Duke's Care Philosophy

Dr. Duke says...

We carefully and skillfully care for Orthopaedic disorders of the knee, hip, and shoulder. Utilizing the latest techniques, our goal is to efficiently return our patients to a high level of function as quickly as possible.

Dr. Duke says...

As they say, "you can't put a price tag on experience". After 25 years as an Orthopaedic Surgeon in Marion County, 15,000 procedures and over 8,500 joint replacement surgeries, our report card in the community speaks for itself. It would be an honor and pleasure for us to bring that expertise to caring for your Orthopaedic issue!

Dr. Duke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Duke has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Duke's Board Certifications

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Completed in 1990

Completed in 1991

University of Florida-Gainesville

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Duke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery